WN Mechanics seek mediation

Funny thing, a coworker at WN gave his two week notice at AA the morning of November 29th 2011. He said everyone thought he was the smartest guy in town that morning. It took me till February of 2013 to wise up and decide I’d rather top out at $43 rather than $33. If you are comfortable working for an airline that doesn’t outsource the majority of its maintenance, receives historical concessions from its union, and still lays off thousands of mechanics then be my guest. BTW, those are some bragging rights over an airline that has never layed off a single mechanic in its history while outsourcing the majority of its maintenance and has a superior contract that will never be matched. I think I made a good decision.
Funny you mention that. Your description is the exact scenario I used to apply at SWA. At the time I applied it was for the job security not the highest pay. Matter fact SWA was one of the lowest paying at the time I came in.
BTW, I think I remember Mr Kelly stating 1000 aircraft by or maybe in 2019. Which will mean more mechanics being hired. SWA is willing to pay top of scale as long as we remain the most productive mechanics group in the industry and the lower headcount per aircraft. SWA was interviewing mechanics 2 Monday's ago at the people department.

Reactions: B737 driver
Even though I’m sure you all read the AA Mechanics thread I thought you might find this newest update interesting. There is a good possibility that once our groups have completed our talks and have JCBA’s in place, SWA Management will begin to finally deal with their AMT groups?

Even though I’m sure you all read the AA Mechanics thread I thought you might find this newest update interesting. There is a good possibility that once our groups have completed our talks and have JCBA’s in place, SWA Management will begin to finally deal with their AMT groups?

1. I don't read AA's forum.
2. I don't think our management gives a rats ass about your AMT contract negotiations.

1. I don't read AA's forum.
2. I don't think our management gives a rats ass about your AMT contract negotiations.

Of course they do. You don’t seriously think they don’t look at all the Labor costs of their competitors to compare.

You don’t fly in a vacuum. You compete.

Guess he never heard of the Air Transport Association.
It's kind of important to know what your competitors get paid, that tells where you end up with contract wize. When we were small happy go lucky Southwest, we didn't get paid as much. So now the others have passed us in pay, we might end up slightly above them.

Good to know 700 is back as tom talbert. Anyways, we don't care what happens at other carriers- we've got much better work rules, and intend to keep it that way.

Guys your mutt dug out from under the fence and is in our yard again. Can’t you give him something in your own yard to keep him occupied?

Does he have Mental issues and work on your planes?

Amfa and their leadership council still have "0" plan on moving forward. We will "wait em out".On ice awaiting Federal lawsuits. No one will admit that's the issue and brought up long time ago. Seham puttin his head in the sand at the members expense. No schedules talks- nothing. First full section section 6 negotiations under RLA since NWA fiasco. Same play game as the USAPA debacle- run it thru courts and come out with "0" outcome. Unbelievable. Once again- Go Figure!!!

Amfa and their leadership council still have "0" plan on moving forward. We will "wait em out".On ice awaiting Federal lawsuits. No one will admit that's the issue and brought up long time ago. Seham puttin his head in the sand at the members expense. No schedules talks- nothing. First full section section 6 negotiations under RLA since NWA fiasco. Same play game as the USAPA debacle- run it thru courts and come out with "0" outcome. Unbelievable. Once again- Go Figure!!!
Go figure, I think this group is smarter than the poor Northwest guys. We have had the IAM, our own private union, Teamsters, and now AMFA, people's patience only carries so far, if they don't produce the results we will **** can them, too !