WN Mechanics seek mediation

I would say incompetent, if they sold all our language for money.
Exactly! It seems some who are not employed by SW as a mechanic are more upset with AMFA than most who are. I've been watching this industry for many years and AMFA, bucking the trend as the only A&P craft union, has always been denigrated, maligned, and hated by many outsiders. I can live with that as our current contract language is superior to any other in this industry and will never be matched. Progress has only been hindered by our negotiators unwillingness to accept an unreasonable offer, in an era of unprecedented prosperity, from Mr. McCrady who obviously wants to make up ground for overpaying the pilots.

Exactly! It seems some who are not employed by SW as a mechanic are more upset with AMFA than most who are. I've been watching this industry for many years and AMFA, bucking the trend as the only A&P craft union, has always been denigrated, maligned, and hated by many outsiders. I can live with that as our current contract language is superior to any other in this industry and will never be matched. Progress has only been hindered by our negotiators unwillingness to accept an unreasonable offer, in an era of unprecedented prosperity, from Mr. McCrady who obviously wants to make up ground for overpaying the pilots.
As a lead I am fine, but the day will come when one,day I will retire, I could be a greedy asshole, and take the money and run, but I want leave something for the younger guys, you can comprise on some things, but if you give everything away, you never get it back. We finally have a trump card to play with the ETOPS work, just be smart and don't be stupid.

I honestly just want your Mutt to stay in his yard and I’ll gleefully get out of yours. But your Mutt is obviously extremely bored in his own yard.

627DF15E-A260-4418-A86A-5E3004DD6BC6.jpeg

So you’ll sit back and not speak up or stand up for yourself?

You have the right to disagree and advocate for what you think needs to be done.

Saying nothing won’t change the current lack of negotiations.
No Tom I still say my mind, just trying to figure the best route to take. AMFA knows guys are getting impatient.

Welcome back K.H. with full back pay. Thanks to AMFA ALR's and AMFA's attorneys for a job well done.

Ken Hackett Reinstated
From Craig Hamlet, ALR – Yesterday, I had the distinct honor and privilege of informing our Brother, Ken Hackett, that the Arbitrator had reinstated him as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician at Southwest Airlines. The ruling also orders the Company to provide Ken with full back‐pay to the date of his termination. It is a complete vindication of Ken’s actions as an employee, and as an AMFA Shop Rep. I could not be happier for Ken and his family.

Read the entire update here.

Last edited:
Welcome back K.H. with full back pay. Thanks to AMFA ALR's and AMFA's attorneys for a job well done.

Ken Hackett Reinstated
From Craig Hamlet, ALR – Yesterday, I had the distinct honor and privilege of informing our Brother, Ken Hackett, that the Arbitrator had reinstated him as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician at Southwest Airlines. The ruling also orders the Company to provide Ken with full back‐pay to the date of his termination. It is a complete vindication of Ken’s actions as an employee, and as an AMFA Shop Rep. I could not be happier for Ken and his family.

Read the entire update here.
This should clear up the one lawsuit, looks like Swamt things are finally starting to move, rumors from the company, might see some movement on their part in January of 2018.

I can only hope hope that his statement about "share with the employees" equates to a contract for the mechanics in early 18. The company would be very smart if they used the tax savings to give the mechanics "full retro" like they did with the Pilots.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVyJ_2jtaoysAE8dXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyamtsMXZzBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjUxNTBfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1513900800/RO=10/RU=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-southwest/southwest-airlines-would-use-tax-savings-on-planes-share-buybacks-idUSKBN1E834T/RK=2/RS=jhAbekt4HojMRua68xfccn9sGhA-
If we we get close and they back off some of their wants. I figure they owe close to 40k.That would be acceptable to me.

Like I have said from the very beginning, it will cost the company more and more the longer they drag this out. For me it's around 10K per year on average. You must include the 401K and profit sharing in the "full retro" just like the pilots received, nothing less, period. By the company not giving us raises for the last 5-6 years we have missed out on a lot in PS and 401K as they are dispersed as a % of our yearly income. The companies NC was told in the very beginning that this 5 year pay freeze will cost them at the end and now they are trying to get away with only a percentage of what they owe and that does not stand well with me. Full retro or no contract, and this is one of the top 5 must haves from the membership during all the surveys. At this point the co. waited way too long. Now with the huge tax savings coming to the company in 2018 with the Trump tax cut reform, they cannot even try to say they cannot afford to give us "full retro". The company is very fortunate that the tax reform got done so they don't have to endure the full blunt of the cost, what a Christmas present for them huh???

I received a phone call last night and was told that their may have been new dates set for Jan. 18-19. Oh WOW! 2 whole (if whole) days are scheduled for the entire month of Jan. after several months of nothing. He told me that the company was bragging that they held their meetings on a road show and heard from the majority of the members that they kept hearing from the members that they just wanted to get it done. 2 whole days set for Jan. after nothing for 3-4 months. WOW!!! Now that's getting it done huh? What a slap in the face. Just more of the companies lies and trying to make it look like they are doing everything in the memberships wishes when the results are directly against what the membership wants.
Hey company, I have an idea. Why don't you go to the source and ask our Nego Cmte what it will take to get a deal done, they know what the membership wants and what was the top 5 items to get it done. Comply with those and you will get a contract period.

BTW, I have not seen anything from the union to confirm these new dates being set for Jan.