WN Mechanics seek mediation

We had a bunch of idiots like swamt at NWA that convinced the majority to follow AMFA off the edge of the mountain. If anyone honestly believes that AMFA has no fault in your negotiations taking so long then they are hypnotized by the AMFA cult. AMFA's history shows that they do not want to partner with any company. They want to keep things as adversarial as possible to drive work in to their law firm. Wake up!!!

Cry us a river you poor miserable bastid.

Last edited:
Now for some good news to kick off 2018. The new hangars for Houston will break ground this spring for a completion date of late 2019. Hangars can hold 6 737's with enough parking for up to 10-12 on the ramps. Heard of this coming and glad to see it starting in 2018. Very good news for our mechanics in Houston with the new growth. Great to see maint. growth once again.

Southwest moves forward with new maintenance hangar at Hobby Airport
Chron.com

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Now for some good news to kick off 2018. The new hangars for Houston will break ground this spring for a completion date of late 2019. Hangars can hold 6 737's with enough parking for up to 10-12 on the ramps. Heard of this coming and glad to see it starting in 2018. Very good news for our mechanics in Houston with the new growth. Great to see maint. growth once again.

Southwest moves forward with new maintenance hangar at Hobby Airport
Chron.com
Well from reading both updates today, from SWA and the union sounds like more of the same. Was move in economics, but still at the price of scope, so do we sit, or finally make a money deal for scope, any one care to guess?

Union leadership needs to trust the members make the right decision. The company will not move without a vote. Without 100% retro, this offer will not pass in my opinion.
The company propaganda says they agreed to keep paid rest the same as long as a trade was approved 24 hours in advance.

Union leadership needs to trust the members make the right decision. The company will not move without a vote. Without 100% retro, this offer will not pass in my opinion.
The company propaganda says they agreed to keep paid rest the same as long as a trade was approved 24 hours in advance.
So sounds like it's time to prove it, but AMFA told us this whole time, what they want. They will not buy off on it, because they know it will pass just like in 2009.So do we shake some more apples from the SWA tree, for scope?

Did you really expect anything anyway? If you did your fooling yourself. With or without the Schumer Shutdown time will pass yet again until the company is ready to move on scope. AMFA needs to quit moving, they have moved too much as is. Just for the non-movement on scope, no full retro, no med caps, no more wage increase, and now LOA #1 on chopping block and no mention about LOA #2 so IF there is a vote and it was to pass for some reason LOA #2 will sunset, meaning goes away. LOA #2 has the head protections for many different work areas and locations. It's gonna be a long 2018 and maybe 2019. An update is below:

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #61

I've always thought the membership would have to overwhelmingly say "NO" for the company to budge but it seems the latest major tax cut, on top of record present and projected profits, made it impossible for them to hold the line. They also finally admitted that paid rest was "NOT UNSUSTAINABLE". I also give zero credence to graphs showing projected comparative earnings of our competitors, especially since Delta can give raises at will and AA has promised Delta +7 +3.

Reactions: swamt
Did you really expect anything anyway? If you did your fooling yourself. With or without the Schumer Shutdown time will pass yet again until the company is ready to move on scope. AMFA needs to quit moving, they have moved too much as is. Just for the non-movement on scope, no full retro, no med caps, no more wage increase, and now LOA #1 on chopping block and no mention about LOA #2 so IF there is a vote and it was to pass for some reason LOA #2 will sunset, meaning goes away. LOA #2 has the head protections for many different work areas and locations. It's gonna be a long 2018 and maybe 2019. An update is below:

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #61
In reality no, this has been the same results since 2012,-we move, company offers so money, we move again company offers some more money. If you can explain what happened between 2001 and today 2018, that the company culture towards maintenance has changed, but not such much the other groups, that is the $64,000 question. I really think the negotiating committee knows there are enough votes to pass whatever the final T/A, are they afraid if it does, their positions as union officers will be replaced, as far as the ALRs and they will actually have to work on airplanes again. What do you think Swampy?

In reality no, this has been the same results since 2012,-we move, company offers so money, we move again company offers some more money. If you can explain what happened between 2001 and today 2018, that the company culture towards maintenance has changed, but not such much the other groups, that is the $64,000 question. I really think the negotiating committee knows there are enough votes to pass whatever the final T/A, are they afraid if it does, their positions as union officers will be replaced, as far as the ALRs and they will actually have to work on airplanes again. What do you think Swampy?

I agree. We (union) has moved too much with the very limited and little movement from the co.
Culture has majorly changed indeed. I disagree with you on enough votes to pass it. I will say that in Dallas the scope is right up there with full retro. If the current update was brought out as a T/A it would not pass. Company for one is way too far off of full retro, still not accounting for the added year after their last 8-16 offer of raises, no movement what-so-ever in scope, blah, blah blah, it's the same ole crap.

Reactions: B737 driver
I am sure the pending legal litigation Federal lawsuits filed from both sides have nuttin to do with the progress. Nothing will come to fruition til they are litigated and settled. Surprised mediator even letting talks progress wasting everyone's time. Maybe Lee Seham can file another suit. Yeah. That's the ticket. As always- Go Figure!!!

Maybe swamt can go tell American Mx how great his negotiations are going and give his insight on how to progress to come to T/A. Oh I forgot. Hold your breath and we will wait em out. Hell of a negotiating tactic under the RLA. Good luck with the legal strategy!! Dumb and Dumber philosophy goes long ways!!

Schumer Shutdown? From the looks of it, senators from BOTH sides voted no, and some democrats also voted yes.
Another topic for another time. The shutdown won't affect us reaching a deal or not- the mediator hasn't done anything the entire time the company negotiated in bad faith. While it is disappointing that we didn't see more movement, I can't say that it was unexpected.

U can keep blaming on outside influence but you might want to look at amfas negotiating strategy. Their success playing with the big boys has been dismal at best. History repeats itself!!!