WN Mechanics seek mediation

Well, another month and a half will go by before any new negotiations are done. New dates for March 6-8 have been agreed to. 3 lousy days after over a month and a half of nothing. Yea this company sure is wanting to get this done, NOT...
Let's get the facts Swampy the company said the dates the mediator had available in February were good. It was our union AMFA that said the attorney wasn't available and they had some,bbq in Dallas that they had to attend, so that's why it is in March.

Let's get the facts Swampy the company said the dates the mediator had available in February were good. It was our union AMFA that said the attorney wasn't available and they had some,bbq in Dallas that they had to attend, so that's why it is in March.
I already know the facts. Feb. is a busy month for AMFA with the attorneys schedules, and the fact that the JAC meetings are held in Feb as well. What's wrong with early and mid Feb? Why only 3 lousy days in March?? Why not get back to the 2 weeks, 3 weeks hell 4 weeks if they really want to get it done. The co. never started nego. until after 5 long years of stall and delay tactics, they have a long, long way to go before I will give them any kind of movement credit that's for sure. They blew it a long time ago...

I already know the facts. Feb. is a busy month for AMFA with the attorneys schedules, and the fact that the JAC meetings are held in Feb as well. What's wrong with early and mid Feb? Why only 3 lousy days in March?? Why not get back to the 2 weeks, 3 weeks hell 4 weeks if they really want to get it done. The co. never started nego. until after 5 long years of stall and delay tactics, they have a long, long way to go before I will give them any kind of movement credit that's for sure. They blew it a long time ago...
My guess is they no fear of AMFA, because they know, no one is going to walk, ask yourself this long deep question, you hated the Teamsters, they didn't take this long to get a t/a. Plus our negotiating committee, keeps moving the goal post in money for scope, read the updates. You need to produce a t/a , and if it's not what people want reject it, then you might have a starting point. You can shoot the messenger, but that's the truth. The other groups stuff will come due, and they will have professional negotiators, and will get more money. We will still be here in 2012, until we make a deal with SWA.

You are both wrong!!!!!????? It has got to be those federal lawsuits holding things up!!!???!!???
Go figure self!!!!!?????

Last edited:
You are both wrong!!!!!????? It has got to be those federal lawsuits holding things up!!!???!!???
Go figure self!!!!!?????
The fed suits are not holding up any T/A that could come out for a vote. 3 have been settled with one with great movement by the company.

The fed suits are not holding up any T/A that could come out for a vote. 3 have been settled with one with great movement by the company.
Was the job action law suit settled on the overtime ban, yet? We still haven't gotten the final offer from the company to T/A, if you stretch past August, probably would pass, if it doesn't then back to negotiating.

Was the job action law suit settled on the overtime ban, yet? We still haven't gotten the final offer from the company to T/A, if you stretch past August, probably would pass, if it doesn't then back to negotiating.
No. Not yet. But, with the return of KH, pretty sure it is coming as he would have been the poster child for the co. if the arbitrator ruled against AMFA. In other words he would have been used as the leverage for the co. IF the arbitrator ruled in the co's favor. Now, to me, the union has proven their case that KH was not encouraging a boycott for overtime but just explaining the contract to new guys that had questions.
All I said here is of my own opinion and not of KH or AMFA's.

Not only is there a pending Federal lawsuit litigation from SWA to amfa but also a Federal lawsuit from amfa to SWA pending over the contract bargaining. I am sure they have no outcome or bearing on the 2 sides coming to an agreement? Get real. You are living in a fantasy land believing in your own lies. If they have no bearing on the outcome why in the hell were they filed. To funnel some excess cash to Seham??? What was the goal on the lawsuit filing from amfa if not to come to an agreement???? You guys keep living in your own make believe amfa is great and can do no wrong world. You are going to need it!!!!!!!!

No. Not yet. But, with the return of KH, pretty sure it is coming as he would have been the poster child for the co. if the arbitrator ruled against AMFA. In other words he would have been used as the leverage for the co. IF the arbitrator ruled in the co's favor. Now, to me, the union has proven their case that KH was not encouraging a boycott for overtime but just explaining the contract to new guys that had questions.
All I said here is of my own opinion and not of KH or AMFA's.
The reason for the KH termination is the company thought he was intimidating people who worked o.t., and thought he was behind the family week issue, I guess it couldn't be proved so he was made whole. But whoever started it, unions have been sued, for what a company sees as self help. Plus it was a shot across the bow. This is my opinion not SWA or AMFA, just what I heard.

Not only is there a pending Federal lawsuit litigation from SWA to amfa but also a Federal lawsuit from amfa to SWA pending over the contract bargaining. I am sure they have no outcome or bearing on the 2 sides coming to an agreement? Get real. You are living in a fantasy land believing in your own lies. If they have no bearing on the outcome why in the hell were they filed. To funnel some excess cash to Seham??? What was the goal on the lawsuit filing from amfa if not to come to an agreement???? You guys keep living in your own make believe amfa is great and can do no wrong world. You are going to need it!!!!!!!!
The lawsuits are nothing but a tool, to get someone to move. The company has presented offers good or bad for a T/A. We have T/A several articles in our contract. The two things we are down too economics, and scope. We could agree with the company , what they want, and have a T/A in the next negotiations, if our committee said yes. The lawsuits would be resolved with a new contract voted in. Some people would say it would pass, some say it wouldn't.

Being in Dallas I hear that the company has to move on scope before any agreement, or rather thing, is sent out for a rat. vote. Now the NC could very well end up sending something out to the members but not agree to the terms of scope or other articles and claim as such, in other words not a T/A. The Pilots did this I believe and recommended a no vote. With the company holding so hard on scope and not even willing to pay COL raise for it tells me we will not get to a T/A at the next negotiations, still too far apart in my opinion. I am tired of AMFA moving and it's time for the company to do the 100% moving.