WN Mechanics seek mediation

I believe seven of the nine members on the negotiating committee are SWA mechanics. I'm not convinced their motivation is to make more money for Seham and co. Your time would be better spent organizing a card drive in your station or starting a petition to replace AMFA's current law firm. I doubt , however, that their replacement would be much cheaper than what we pay now. Why not get proactive instead of whining and complaining? Good Luck.

I believe seven of the nine members on the negotiating committee are SWA mechanics. I'm not convinced their motivation is to make more money for Seham and co. Your time would be better spent organizing a card drive in your station or starting a petition to replace AMFA's current law firm. I doubt , however, that their replacement would be much cheaper than what we pay now. Why not get proactive instead of whining and complaining? Good Luck.
Their motivation they don't have to work on airplanes, as this goes on. The law firm and AMFA economists advised what to ask for. If people don't like the pace of negotiations change your ALR, like AMFA 18 did. And see where it goes.

My ALR is doing just fine, as well as the NC and law firm. The pace of nego's? That's easy, when the company moves on scope we will be much more closer to seeing something to vote on, period...

So you are right I do not back them because I don’t trust them. I trust SWA way more than AMFA and their New York City law firm!!!!

Go take a look on the American Airlines forum at what their AMTs have to deal with; an Association made up of two separate unions that don't work together. Be thankful you are represented by AMFA.

My ALR is doing just fine, as well as the NC and law firm. The pace of nego's? That's easy, when the company moves on scope we will be much more closer to seeing something to vote on, period...
That's because you guys relied on your overtime, and as long as the money flows in, no one worries about getting a contract. I have come to terms with no raise, for at least another two years, because they will never be satisfied with what is presented. This is the same pattern we have had, plus being the largest domestic carrier in terms of traffic the mediator will never release us. Also the fact AMFA is not stupid enough to have another Northwest situation. In conclusion the membership are not that stupid either.

Relied on overtime? No way. Not even close. The true reality in Dallas is the overtime has gone by the waste side. Overtime has been cut by 1/2 at least. IF the co. gets the ask they are looking for currently the overtime will get diminished even more and more until almost gone except for drop ins and otcs, which will become less and less as time goes on.
For you to come on here and claim that Dallas is sitting pretty because of the extra money earned with overtime is a complete false sense of reality. Example; when I first hired in we were getting thousands of hours in o/t each and every year. now days you are lucky, and I mean lucky to see a couple or a few hundred hours (mechanics not inspectors) per year. The overtime, in Dallas mechanics eyes, is almost completely gone compared to where it use to be and with the new maint. coming on line in the next 5 years we will see even less and less of overtime. If anything Dallas is hurting worse than the rest of the cities do to the removal of all the overtime.
The co. would just "LUV" for AMFA to screw up and pull a "Northwest fiasco" as they would take full advantage of it and dismantle the contract completely and start from scratch. Not gonna happen. So far to this day all the Air 21 cases have gone AMFA's favor and still going. Below I will leave with the latest article that the FAA is now involved in that could very well help us at the nego table very soon. Tough time for the company to be so strong headed in nego's when the FAA is up their Keisters in investigations about maint. and outsourcing. Meanwhile we all sit back and wait for the company to repair the ongoing disconnected communications and negotiations that the company fully brought onto themselves. The company forced long term dedicated employees to file legal suits against the company that would have worked it all out and keep it all in house in the past. We have turned into "just another airline" or "Just another legacy". Here is the article I referenced:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0L...ute.html/RK=2/RS=HxKcBBzIJUX2Iyz1KHWcRD6PgW8-

Relied on overtime? No way. Not even close. The true reality in Dallas is the overtime has gone by the waste side. Overtime has been cut by 1/2 at least. IF the co. gets the ask they are looking for currently the overtime will get diminished even more and more until almost gone except for drop ins and otcs, which will become less and less as time goes on.
For you to come on here and claim that Dallas is sitting pretty because of the extra money earned with overtime is a complete false sense of reality. Example; when I first hired in we were getting thousands of hours in o/t each and every year. now days you are lucky, and I mean lucky to see a couple or a few hundred hours (mechanics not inspectors) per year. The overtime, in Dallas mechanics eyes, is almost completely gone compared to where it use to be and with the new maint. coming on line in the next 5 years we will see even less and less of overtime. If anything Dallas is hurting worse than the rest of the cities do to the removal of all the overtime.
The co. would just "LUV" for AMFA to screw up and pull a "Northwest fiasco" as they would take full advantage of it and dismantle the contract completely and start from scratch. Not gonna happen. So far to this day all the Air 21 cases have gone AMFA's favor and still going. Below I will leave with the latest article that the FAA is now involved in that could very well help us at the nego table very soon. Tough time for the company to be so strong headed in nego's when the FAA is up their Keisters in investigations about maint. and outsourcing. Meanwhile we all sit back and wait for the company to repair the ongoing disconnected communications and negotiations that the company fully brought onto themselves. The company forced long term dedicated employees to file legal suits against the company that would have worked it all out and keep it all in house in the past. We have turned into "just another airline" or "Just another legacy". Here is the article I referenced:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV03SmYFar1wA9RNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMzdiYTkzBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQwMzdfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1518471763/RO=10/RU=https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/02/12/southwest-airlines-mechanics-dispute.html/RK=2/RS=HxKcBBzIJUX2Iyz1KHWcRD6PgW8-
Our problems with the FAA is our paperwork , stuff being filled out wrong, dents out of limits that our own mechanics said were good. O2-bottles that people can't open. Wrong parts not effective to the aircraft installed. I just don't see this great advantage we have over the company, I have heard this speach for years. And it is the overtime , people want to hang onto. If your overtime has dried up so bad in Dallas, you think the guys would be pressuring the the negotiating committee to get the deal done. Sorry I don't buy it, we are where we are at, until we come to a T/A , and either accept it or reject it.

Our problems with the FAA is our paperwork , stuff being filled out wrong, dents out of limits that our own mechanics said were good. O2-bottles that people can't open. Wrong parts not effective to the aircraft installed. I just don't see this great advantage we have over the company, I have heard this speach for years. And it is the overtime , people want to hang onto. If your overtime has dried up so bad in Dallas, you think the guys would be pressuring the the negotiating committee to get the deal done. Sorry I don't buy it, we are where we are at, until we come to a T/A , and either accept it or reject it.

Who's side are you on man? I'm beginning to think you really are a company shill.

Who's side are you on man? I'm beginning to think you really are a company shill.
Why because I call it, like I see it. You had a guy in Dallas fired, finally came back. Mechanics walked out for not following paperwork. AMFA keeps telling we have all this great power , which is an illusion. They will pay whatever the final offer is, and it either passes or it doesn't. We have no more power than any other mechanics do at any other airline that is unionized. And that crowsfoot is the reality we face.

Could you provide me with a reference or a quote when AMFA said 'we have all this great power' or something similar, because I don't recall ever hearing or reading that.
It's the attitudes from our ALR in the union meetings , we can get all this back pay, or this pay rate an hour. We know what is best for you. We have the company where we want them. Like I said we have no more power than any other mechanics in the industry do. The reason the pilots got what they did, is because the company needs pilots. They could replace us if they wanted to, if AMFA ever did a Northwest situation, they would accept a deal before they did that. If the company was really ruthless they could have replacements ready and lock us out if they wanted to. The Union will eventually reach a point, where they get the best they can, and move on. Some people would blame AMFA, but it's not their fault, and it really wouldn't matter what union you had. It's just the reality of the situation.

It's the attitudes from our ALR in the union meetings , we can get all this back pay, or this pay rate an hour. We know what is best for you. We have the company where we want them. Like I said we have no more power than any other mechanics in the industry do. The reason the pilots got what they did, is because the company needs pilots. They could replace us if they wanted to, if AMFA ever did a Northwest situation, they would accept a deal before they did that. If the company was really ruthless they could have replacements ready and lock us out if they wanted to. The Union will eventually reach a point, where they get the best they can, and move on. Some people would blame AMFA, but it's not their fault, and it really wouldn't matter what union you had. It's just the reality of the situation.

I think you're making stuff up to support your argument which has it's basis in your frustration stemming from our long protracted negotiations which is understandable since we are all frustrated, nevertheless your posts make you look bad because they make you look like a whiner and we all know, nobody likes a whiner.

Last edited:
I think you're making stuff up to support your argument which has it's basis in your frustration stemming from our long protracted negotiations which is understandable since we are all frustrated, nevertheless your posts make you look bad because they make you look like a whiner and we all know, nobody likes a whiner.

Not making stuff up, just read the AMFA 4 , minutes, it what is preached from the floor crowsfeet I really feel sorry for you guys that are so blind. Not whiny just tired of hearing the same crap. We will meet in March, some movement, and AMFA will say the unreasonable company demands, and Then they will ask for some unrealistic pay scale to make up for scope changes. Then so on back and forth, until the end of this year. Then the same thing repeats into 2019. Until the company says enough this is it. And then sometime we have a vote.

Not making stuff up, just read the AMFA 4 , minutes, it what is preached from the floor crowsfeet I really feel sorry for you guys that are so blind. Not whiny just tired of hearing the same crap. We will meet in March, some movement, and AMFA will say the unreasonable company demands, and Then they will ask for some unrealistic pay scale to make up for scope changes. Then so on back and forth, until the end of this year. Then the same thing repeats into 2019. Until the company says enough this is it. And then sometime we have a vote.

I can see quite clearly and I applaud our negotiating committee for not selling the membership short by bringing us a concessionary T/A to vote on.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV03SmYFar1wA9RNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMzdiYTkzBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQwMzdfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1518471763/RO=10/RU=https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/02/12/southwest-airlines-mechanics-dispute.html/RK=2/RS=HxKcBBzIJUX2Iyz1KHWcRD6PgW8-
Might be time for a coaching change!

Latest posts