WN Mechanics seek mediation

If my union had my best interest in mind instead of their own agenda and strategy to make as much money as they can for the AMFA law firm I would back them.

Look at AMFA’s history you blind little sheep. Look at everything about them. They do not work to partner with Companies and make it better for the Employees. They march in with a full on attack to file lawsuits, Air 21 suits, grievances and arbitrations to make as much money as they can for the legal firm.

If the NWA/AMFA history repeats itself at SWA then sheep like you are the ones to blame. I have not seen an assault on AMFA by SWA. However, AMFA continuously assaults SWA through the media and billboard ads. They just want to build that wall and keep everyone divided.

So you are right I do not back them because I don’t trust them. I trust SWA way more than AMFA and their New York City law firm!!!!
737 Max , you are wasting your time arguing with these guys, been saying the same thing for over 6 months. You will be labled a company shrill, whining cry baby, or not backing the union if you think they are wrong. Meanwhile we still wait for a contract.

To me as an aircraft mechanic that Dallas Biz journal article is really damning of the company but I suppose the average stupid public doesnt care about planes or mechanics as long as the tickets are cheap and theres not a bunch of accidents.

It's the attitudes from our ALR in the union meetings , we can get all this back pay, or this pay rate an hour. We know what is best for you. We have the company where we want them. Like I said we have no more power than any other mechanics in the industry do. The reason the pilots got what they did, is because the company needs pilots. They could replace us if they wanted to, if AMFA ever did a Northwest situation, they would accept a deal before they did that. If the company was really ruthless they could have replacements ready and lock us out if they wanted to. The Union will eventually reach a point, where they get the best they can, and move on. Some people would blame AMFA, but it's not their fault, and it really wouldn't matter what union you had. It's just the reality of the situation.
Well, that's "YOUR" ALR. One person. The wonderful thing about AMFA is, your members can replace him. Back pay will be 100% in the hands of the membership. I assure you of this. We must stay united about the back pay like the pilots did. It will be a NO vote without 100% back pay restored by a bonus (co. title) and the snap up increase shall equal what we have been missing for the past 5.5 years. If our "membership" allows the company to get away without paying back pay, then the company will continue to do so for every single future contract AND they will again drag out nego's when it is in their favor with no punishment for doing so, so they will do it every time because this membership will allow it every single time.
The only "power" (your words not mine) that we have is more like leverage. The Hawaii flights and maint is owned by us in our contract currently, which is the area that will help us at the table. Take note, I said help, and leverage, I am not using your words like power, and force. It can and will get worked out it will all determine how the union addresses it to the company. We obviously have not reached the co's last best and final, and we probably will never get that offer because the company is trying to get us to sign at the cheapest cost to the company. Any % less than full back pay is a winner for the company, just means they saved that money and interest for 5.5 years while rewarding the shareholders and investors with record profits and income. Now it's time to reward the mechanics group for working so professional still delivering our products on time and allowing the shareholders and investors to reap the rewards for the past as they will continue to reap the rewards in the future as well.
You seem to be the only one out here complaining about your ALR, if was that big of a problem then start the recall process, at least we have that option with AMFA, so use it.

Not making stuff up, just read the AMFA 4 , minutes, it what is preached from the floor crowsfeet I really feel sorry for you guys that are so blind. Not whiny just tired of hearing the same crap. We will meet in March, some movement, and AMFA will say the unreasonable company demands, and Then they will ask for some unrealistic pay scale to make up for scope changes. Then so on back and forth, until the end of this year. Then the same thing repeats into 2019. Until the company says enough this is it. And then sometime we have a vote.
Look, he is not blind, he is well informed about what is really going on and not believing the company updates and propaganda.
You need to call your ALR and discus your issues with him personally and get it worked out. Don't be scared to call him, he will discus it with you, if not go to the next step up the ladder, with AMFA you can do all this.

Might be time for a coaching change!
Pull the trigger. Get the process started. I encourage it. IF the majority agrees with you then we will get a new nego cmte. I will not sign. I fully support my nego cmte and they are elected to represent me at the table...

Pull the trigger. Get the process started. I encourage it. IF the majority agrees with you then we will get a new nego cmte. I will not sign. I fully support my nego cmte and they are elected to represent me at the table...
They already did that, if the pay and back pay is almost there, within, not that much difference, the rules aren't terrible then I am fine with that. Like I said if scope is so important, then I say this next meeting t/A if you can, leave economics out. Then as far as economics discuss that whenever that next meeting is. Our ALR is up for reelection next year, so I know the guys in BWI are tired of him, so we will put someone up , and people need to vote.

So if they already did that, how did it turn out? What were the results?? Did the petition reach the numbers required???

So if they already did that, how did it turn out? What were the results?? Did the petition reach the numbers required???
The negotiating committee was replaced once, our ALR Cramer ran unopposed, so he is up for reelection, so we have to find somebody which we have a couple willing to serve to run against him next year, and people,need to vote, if they complain and don't vote, or go to the meetings, then they have no right to complain.

The negotiating committee was replaced once, our ALR Cramer ran unopposed, so he is up for reelection, so we have to find somebody which we have a couple willing to serve to run against him next year, and people,need to vote, if they complain and don't vote, or go to the meetings, then they have no right to complain.
I agree. Most people are too lazy to get involved and your right, they have no room to complain if they do not get more involved and vote. I have been told by numerous NC members from both sides that he IS the main problem at the table. BUT, with that said, I also am hearing he is looking out for the memberships best interest. I would expect the co. to say he is a thorn in their sides as he should be.
I will say this, I know for a fact the NC is looking at our best interest as far as outsourcing and future main goes with the new models coming. Personally I think we should go with the 5th line of main option. It would bring in more and longer main. I know, C-checks would be gone, but I have to look at the entire group not just a small % of the entire group. The "0" timing will be extremely hard to get through the membership to allow.
When is Cramer up for elect.? Good luck in your search for a replacement. I do know that in the past there has been no one willing to step up and do it. It does take a lot of time away from family and you are always on call 24-7. I just hope no dummies run just to get him replaced. It will be hard to replace the dedication that Bob has with protecting his members as a whole.

I agree. Most people are too lazy to get involved and your right, they have no room to complain if they do not get more involved and vote. I have been told by numerous NC members from both sides that he IS the main problem at the table. BUT, with that said, I also am hearing he is looking out for the memberships best interest. I would expect the co. to say he is a thorn in their sides as he should be.
I will say this, I know for a fact the NC is looking at our best interest as far as outsourcing and future main goes with the new models coming. Personally I think we should go with the 5th line of main option. It would bring in more and longer main. I know, C-checks would be gone, but I have to look at the entire group not just a small % of the entire group. The "0" timing will be extremely hard to get through the membership to allow.
When is Cramer up for elect.? Good luck in your search for a replacement. I do know that in the past there has been no one willing to step up and do it. It does take a lot of time away from family and you are always on call 24-7. I just hope no dummies run just to get him replaced. It will be hard to replace the dedication that Bob has with protecting his members as a whole.
2019. I agree with the 5 th option, we need protections for the guys on property, and the ones hired durring the life of the contract, into the,next contract. If the numbers of mechanics the most we will ever have at SWA is 2800 to 2900, then so be it, we live with that, when guys retire , quit, or get fired, then everyone moves up. They will probably have to hire, when the old guys leave anyway. But we will get to a point when SWA says this is it. We haven't gotten there yet. And I agree with you, you don't want an ALR who is an idiot. I would have no problem being a shop rep again.So that's where we are at. It concerns me it seems our law firm, or someone in AMFA started this FAA investigation in SWA, especially that letter from Seham. I understand,that is negotiating tactics, but it can get our guys in trouble not good. Be careful what you wish for. Sorry to be long winded, but we will get all we can get, then move on.

Not cool to make baseless accusations against our National Director who has ran a business for many years that predate employment at WN. I've known Bret since our AMFA drives at AA and he is a man of high moral character. Your sounding more and more like someone in management trying to drive a wedge in the AMFA membership.

Not cool to make baseless accusations against our National Director who has ran a business for many years that predate employment at WN. I've known Bret since our AMFA drives at AA and he is a man of high moral character. Your sounding more and more like someone in management trying to drive a wedge in the AMFA membership.
Is He at our negotiations, how busy is he, if he is like a CEO , he would be very busy, that should satisfy you!

Look's like AMFA's National Director has a pretty sweet gig going. Full salary paid by the members while he gets to stay home and run his own business.

http://www.acsdesigntulsa.com/default.html

SMH!!!!!

Baseless accusations???? SInce when is the truth baseless??? I do give him credit, he has a great website. Let's see, our NC meets with the Company for a few days every 2 to 3 months. The rest of the time he is lining up concrete work and you think that's baseless. He's nothing more than another politician in it for self gain.