WN Mechanics seek mediation

5 1/2 Years and your voice is NOT going to be allowed to be heard by the “””COWARDS””” who want you to remain silent. 5 1/2 YEARS.

B8B9FF48-45DD-4EB3-9FDE-D73C02EF6B26.jpeg

I do rather enjoy how when you get caught in your lies and half-truths, you go back and try to quantify what you said. I'm the whiner and complainer? You can't even take a 5 year pay freeze without getting the floor wet from your tears about your money or getting a concessionary T/A to vote yes on. You have degraded SSMP for months here, and then you give them credit when I prove that the TWu has in fact hired them for legal work. I guess your buddy Dippy Dave has disappeared too. Wonder why?

There were many guys behind the AMFA drives, not just Brett. I don't care who you know or what you think of who. Unfortunately, the fight has come to SWA, and your not up for it. It's a good thing most of the AMFA membership doesn't think like you, bringing back a concessionary T/A is not a good game plan. That is what industrial unions do, and it's never good.

Hopefully AMFA stays in the fight and comes to a fair agreement with full retro pay like the pilots have received. SWA AMTs have a decent contract now, and should not give concessions and more outsourcing for pay with record profits.

Hopefully you can hold on Nut Driver before the men in white coats come to take you away.

Good luck.
I will hold on more than you whine whine my life sucks, I couldn't leave like Brett did! I pointed out to you why they hired Seham. I personally think he overbills us, but the membership doesn't seem to care. You didn't even know what Brett held at American, pretty sad Hackboy. I want as much money as they can get, without gutting the work rules. I have my seniority so I sit. What I don't want is turning into an Industrial union, where they lead the membership into thinking they can get something when they really can't. If you hold out for 6 years or more, and you really get not much more than you could have had say 3 years earlier, what was the point?

Last edited:
driver maybe you can fill in the blanks for me?

Southwest commenced operations in June 1971. What was the first group that wound up representing Mechanics at the Airline and what year was that?

Was it the IAM first, replaced by the IBT and then finally AMFA? What were those years?

Did IAM start negotiating for you and then the IBT took over to finish the task? Years?

When AMFA came in why did you all replace the IBT? What was the catalyst in people’s minds, the reason most cited?

I understand the AMFA got an extension of the IBT Represented contract for cash raise extensions. What was that year?

How many contracts have SWA Mechanics had in the History of the Airline?

. “””””””””””””””What I don't want is turning into an Industrial union, where they lead the membership into thinking they can get something when they really can't. If you hold out for 6 years or more, and you really get not much more than you could have had say 3 years earlier, what was the point?”””””””””””””

I’m actually at a loss for words on this one.

I’m actually at a loss for words on this one.
No offense , I like all Unions the reason I said that is AMFA runs on we are not like,the industrial unions, we are democratic. The reason we went to AMFA is because they complained about not being democratic, and lack of honesty.

No offense , I like all Unions the reason I said that is AMFA runs on we are not like,the industrial unions, we are democratic. The reason we went to AMFA is because they complained about not being democratic, and lack of honesty.

Isn’t there a few famous proverbs about being wary of the man who tells you that he’s an honest man? Trust him.

Truth is AMFA is exactly the same as any other Union out there. It’s just a lot smaller than most in our industry. But it’s the same thing cause it’s run by people. It’s run by people who like the money they make and that position of power.

And truthfully if they’re not letting you vote and send that message they’re not Democratic, they’re full of chit. I think they’re scared chitless of the vote either way, yes or no.

The Ghost of NWA will always loom overhead. Very scary chit.

driver maybe you can fill in the blanks for me?

Southwest commenced operations in June 1971. What was the first group that wound up representing Mechanics at the Airline and what year was that?

Was it the IAM first, replaced by the IBT and then finally AMFA? What were those years?

Did IAM start negotiating for you and then the IBT took over to finish the task? Years?

When AMFA came in why did you all replace the IBT? What was the catalyst in people’s minds, the reason most cited?

I understand the AMFA got an extension of the IBT Represented contract for cash raise extensions. What was that year?

How many contracts have SWA Mechanics had in the History of the Airline?
When Southwest was started in 1971, I believe the IAM, came in 1973, they were IAM , until they kicked them out in 1979.-they went to their own in house union, and had a mechanics strike in 1980 that lasted one week, only strike they had. They certified the Teamsters after that week strike. We were Teamsters till 2003, when AMFA was certified. We get contract extensions with LOAs, with minimal language changes up until the contract that was ammended in 2009. The contract became amenable in August of 2012 . The negotiating committee thought the most it would take is 3 years. Unfortunately we lost some good management and started hiring ex Northwest management. The money is there, but the language changes are vague, so people are afraid of what will happen, the company needs to put things in writing. The 5 C check lines are for Dallas. However if they only go to 3 Y checks, we need to know how much man power hours there are. I am at a line station, so no c checks. We know the c checks are gone as far as what they are going to call them. The reason we went AMFA is because , we got tired of backdoor deals. As a steward I got tired of the guys coming up to me, and saying why did this happen and the business agent, already signed off with the company. I would say in all their history of unionized probably about 10 to 13 contracts.

Isn’t there a few famous proverbs about being wary of the man who tells you that he’s an honest man? Trust him.

Truth is AMFA is exactly the same as any other Union out there. It’s just a lot smaller than most in our industry. But it’s the same thing cause it’s run by people. It’s run by people who like the money they make and that position of power.

And truthfully if they’re not letting you vote and send that message they’re not Democratic, they’re full of chit. I think they’re scared chitless of the vote either way, yes or no.

I think all unions start out good. With your TWU, your local you are in could suck, because of the people running it.The most positive thing I can say about AMFA is none of our locals have ended up in Trusteeship. When we were Teamsters, the local in Chicago I was in, ended up in Trusteeship, because of the local embezzlement of funds. In reality people are tired of this taking so long. However Weazz people are scared of the unknown. The family atmosphere we had is gone. The old maintenance training building in Dallas with pictures of all the guys, from their military careers to days with Herb and Colleen are gone. We are in uncharted waters, and we are huge now.Change is hard, no one wants to make a mistake. My feeling is we will get as close as we can get, vote and move on. Everyone says why did we give this up, and everytime there is a little change, but that's the industry. You especially know that at American Airlines. Even UPS has their issues, and why is that? Because Amazon is becoming their biggest competition. UPS is trying to control cost, and people don't understand change Wish all of us luck.

Last edited:
I think all unions start out good. With your TWU, your local you are in could suck, because of the people running it.The most positive thing I can say about AMFA is none of our locals have ended up in Trusteeship. When we were Teamsters, the local in Chicago I was in, ended up in Trusteeship, because of the local embezzlement of funds. In reality people are tired of this taking so long. However Weazz people are scared of the unknown. The family atmosphere we had is gone. The old maintenance training building in Dallas with pictures of all the guys, from their military careers to days with Herb and Colleen are gone. We are in uncharted waters, and we are huge now.Change is hard, no one wants to make a mistake. My feeling is we will get as close as we can get, vote and move on. Everyone says why did we give this up, and everytime there is a little change, but that's the industry. You especially know that at American Airlines. Even UPS has their issues, and why is that? Because Amazon is becoming their biggest competition. UPS is trying to control cost, and people don't understand change Wish all of us luck.

Wow man 2 really good reply’s unlike all the drivel the other guys write that makes me want to pick a side usually against them. Uncharted waters could really be the case and maybe you really did go from a Management team at SWA that was good and decent to one that’s black and evil?

I’ve even heard stories on the TWU side about how this new management team treats them even after they got contracts.

I just don’t hear anything good coming out of SWA Land anymore.

Wow man 2 really good reply’s unlike all the drivel the other guys write that makes me want to pick a side usually against them. Uncharted waters could really be the case and maybe you really did go from a Management team at SWA that was good and decent to one that’s black and evil?

I’ve even heard stories on the TWU side about how this new management team treats them even after they got contracts.

I just don’t hear anything good coming out of SWA Land anymore.
It's not all terrible, but it's not fantastic, I love SWA, but I realized it's a job. Just like I am sure Hackman even as frustrated as he is loves American. However Weazz the world has changed and you realize the union gets what they can and move on. I wish it was the 1960's and the airlines were regulated , contracts weren't so complicated. You got a job at a company, and were able to retire.

In reality they are trying to get what people can live with.The problem is if you wanted a no vote, and you take to long, the risk goes up for a yes vote. So my guess is AMFA realizes that, so they are trying to get the best deal they can.Because they realize the time ship has sailed. I have a feeling the TWU is in the same boat at American. Their problem is, they are getting no help from the IAM, because there is some superior language in the IAM contract, so why would you want a JCBA, and risk losing your superior language, I wouldn't.

In reality they are trying to get what people can live with.The problem is if you wanted a no vote, and you take to long, the risk goes up for a yes vote. So my guess is AMFA realizes that, so they are trying to get the best deal they can.Because they realize the time ship has sailed. I have a feeling the TWU is in the same boat at American. Their problem is, they are getting no help from the IAM, because there is some superior language in the IAM contract, so why would you want a JCBA, and risk losing your superior language, I wouldn't.

With us it’s past that now. The Company has a latest comprehensive proposal on their table for all the remaining issues which is what they asked for and now we’re just waiting for “their” response.

Fleet Negotiators went in to DFW last week to look over and clean up (check) all the language and articles that were agreed to and put them in the right order for consistency (Basically make it a readable contract) and now Maintenance guys are going in this week to do the same.

It sounds when it was described to me sort of like when the Construction work is done the guys go in and do the cleanup while the Contractor himself goes to the owner to take care of the bill.

Reactions: B737 driver
With us it’s past that now. The Company has a latest comprehensive proposal on their table for all the remaining issues which is what they asked for and now we’re just waiting for “their” response.

Fleet Negotiators went in to DFW last week to look over and clean up (check) all the language and articles that were agreed to and put them in the right order for consistency (Basically make it a readable contract) and now Maintenance guys are going in this week to do the same.

It sounds when it was described to me sort of like when the Construction work is done the guys go in and do the cleanup while the Contractor himself goes to the owner to take care of the bill.
Great for you guys, ours meet in Dallas the next 3 days

Reactions: WeAAsles
Matter fact company wants to completely rip scope up and start from scratch and this is part of the reasons what is taking so long 1-844-784-2900 . Our nego team knows that the membership will not go for the scope changes that the company wants or at least is saying they want. Alot has to do with new international down line language as well since international flying is new to us now. 1-844-784-2900
On the international I wouldn't want to hold our passengers up for say an EMK or a bad tire. However when it is broke with a tracking level 3 part that takes time to t/S and fix sorry that is our work. And yes I know about the 25 field trips and they break that all the time. You just need specific language, and you will have to catch them and grieve it.