WN Mechanics seek mediation

Max7 the obvious psychology of this , is to say we backed off on scope, shift the blame to our committee for leaving, then hope we put pressure and take less money.

NOT gonna happen. This is 100% the companies fault and they know this. McCrady will be the fall guy just wait.

NOT gonna happen. This is 100% the companies fault and they know this. McCrady will be the fall guy just wait.
Oh I agree with you, that's just how McCrapy is trying to spin it. I honestly believe upper management above retard wants it done, before ETOPS, plus the Air21 complaints done. So if as McGrady failed in his objective, you blame the union.

I believe drivers numbers are correct. Union was at 99 million and co. was at 74 million, now the co. is offering another 17 million in 2019. 74 plus 17 is 91 not the 99 that the union was at for full retro. Not sure which number is correct until we get an official update. Also offering the following; 14.8% snap up raise at DOS. Co. claims it's a 16.3% raise on the all in rate. Offering 3% increases for years 2019, 2020, 2021, and year 2022. Nothing for year 2018 or 2023. Other rate offers are 25% increase for lic. prem., 25% increase in skill prem., 12% increase for shift prem., .15 increase for the long. prem. for years 13-15 for a total of 1.75 after 15 years. A 12 month early opener. LOA 1 and 2 will expire. Stations with SWA mechanics will get the ETOPS work when they reach 75 flights per day and 2 ETOPS flights. All other items previously agreed to by the parties will remain including paid rest, retirement, healthcare and vacation bank.

With all this said this is on a sheet of paper with the Southwest logo but no sigs and is listed as an update in the labor tab on swalife.

I too will wait any further discussions after getting our official updates from the union. Here's the parcial one sent out Thurs night to everyone: click on link to view full update...

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #62
March 8, 2018 -- The parties met in Dallas, TX for a scheduled three-day session beginning Tuesday, March 6, 2018. Your Committee wanted to provide you with an immediate update from this week’s session. The parties worked late into the evening today – Thursday, March 8. This week provided one of the most productive sessions the parties have had in many years.

Here's a more detailed update after the original #62.
This one shows the real side of McCrady who has only been here for a very, very short time. AMFA National might wanna send another memo to G. Kelly and Mike V. letting them know how bad McCrady was in nego's and how he disrespected and degraded our NC all in front of other company leaders. So unprofessional and out of line.

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #62 Addendum
March 10, 2018 -- No good deed goes unpunished. Your Committee attempted to focus on the positive aspects of this week’s negotiations with Southwest; however, Southwest decided instead to denigrate your Committee even at a time when the parties are closer to a deal than they have been since these negotiations began. The fact the Company cannot seem to alter its path of negative propaganda speaks volumes as to its negotiation playbook. Let us focus on the actual facts from this week.

What exactly is the ever changing story now AMFA? Negotiation update 62 or the 62 addendum? I find it always the best policy to tell the truth (Good or Bad) the first time. As for playing nice, I believe AMFA hasn’t for the past five years! Why change tactics now? AMFA has already insulted, alienated, and personally attacked SWA management. Not to mention tarnishing the public perception of SWA!

I have said it all along Folks! AMFA doesn’t care about us! If they did, the...y would have worked through the weekend “Regardless” to get the mechanics of Southwest Airlines a deal. AMTs blindly following AMFA leaders with questionable motives is absolutely mind-boggling to me. There will be no April 9th meeting because AMFA will be in Orlando the 9th-12th at the Aerospace Maintenance Competition. BTW, SWA isn’t competing however AMFA is major sponsor which is made possible with our hard earned dues money! I believe AMFA is using the event for image enhancement and subliminal future recruiting.
https://www.aerospacecompetition.com/

I personally believe Brett could have had more pressing matters at his concrete business or possibly Earl “Alaska Airlines” Clark doesn’t care if we ever get a deal done! Especially with Mr. Kelly ready to put the hurt on Alaska Airlines! The only Priority I see now is AMFA must be Replaced! Stay tuned!

I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. You're just along for the ride anyway huh?

What exactly is the ever changing story now AMFA? Negotiation update 62 or the 62 addendum? I find it always the best policy to tell the truth (Good or Bad) the first time. As for playing nice, I believe AMFA hasn’t for the past five years! Why change tactics now? AMFA has already insulted, alienated, and personally attacked SWA management. Not to mention tarnishing the public perception of SWA!

I have said it all along Folks! AMFA doesn’t care about us! If they did, the...y would have worked through the weekend “Regardless” to get the mechanics of Southwest Airlines a deal. AMTs blindly following AMFA leaders with questionable motives is absolutely mind-boggling to me. There will be no April 9th meeting because AMFA will be in Orlando the 9th-12th at the Aerospace Maintenance Competition. BTW, SWA isn’t competing however AMFA is major sponsor which is made possible with our hard earned dues money! I believe AMFA is using the event for image enhancement and subliminal future recruiting.

I personally believe Brett could have had more pressing matters at his concrete business or possibly Earl “Alaska Airlines” Clark doesn’t care if we ever get a deal done! Especially with Mr. Kelly ready to put the hurt on Alaska Airlines! The only Priority I see now is AMFA must be Replaced! Stay tuned!

What I have found is SWA will just keep on going regardless what AMFA does. They continue to save money. Management wants a deal done, but if we don't want to play, it will not stop SWA.

No one in Dallas I talked to this weekend had anything but praise for how our negotiators are handling a very disorganized SWA negotiating team. Apparently Mr. McCrady's unprofessional F-bomb titrate took everyone by surprise and should represent an absolute embarrassment to upper management. It's hard to know what to expect in April since the company has apparently lost control of rational thought. Scope at book, if still on the table, put to rest our number one concern but any one of several other items could become tumultuous if cooler heads do not prevail.

Let's see.....the Company withdraws it's scope proposal and offers full retro and our NC Team can't stay to finish the agreement. Somehow there are still people that think that's the Company's fault. Get a clue!!! AMFA MUST GO!!!

Let's see....After 5.5 years of demanding major changes to our scope language, the company capitulates due to the tough stand taken by our AMFA negotiation team.
Somehow there are still disgruntled AMFA haters that can't see, and wont admit, that this is a complete vindication and victory for AMFA and our mechanics.
Get a clue yourself!!!

Reactions: 737MAX7
Let's see....After 5.5 years of demanding major changes to our scope language, the company capitulates due to the tough stand taken by our AMFA negotiation team.
Somehow there are still disgruntled AMFA haters that can't see, and wont admit, that this is a complete vindication and victory for AMFA and our mechanics.
Get a clue yourself!!!
He is an ass.......everyone knows him.

Get a clue yourself!!!
We have the scope, now it's down to economics. I have always said if AMFA proves their worth they stay. If they come back with most of the goods ,they did their job. If they came back with crap they wouldn't, because the membership would scream what did we wait for? When we were Teamsters you would have a deal, but you might not like it. Also your dues would be much higher.

Latest posts