WN Mechanics seek mediation

AMFA has NOT ran out of strategy, and they do want a NO vote on current offer. Now snowflake, will you support our nego cmte and give them a NO vote? Or will you simply become to your lower enablings and cave for the IGM group?? I await your response and your reasons for it. Don't try and turn the snowflake on me chief it never works that way. I could care less if this goes into 2019, and BTW why do you care if it does??? Answer the questions...
I will answer your questions is it perfect no, if we vote it down, maybe you get a bigger snap up rate and a little more bonus. You got on here talking about the AMFA wanted to protect scope, well they won that battle, to me the most important is my job being o.k. That was addressed. The pay is not terrible, I wish the 401 k was better, but regardless if it is this year, or next I will increase my 401k contribution, because I am used to living on my 2012 wage. I decide contracts based on how it impacts me, and the people I work with . I never let anybody or my union influence my vote. I watch our president open his mouth and make my 401k drop, since we have never had a pension plan. So if it fails so be it, do we still keep the same officers in there till we get a deal maybe not.

I will answer your questions is it perfect no, if we vote it down, maybe you get a bigger snap up rate and a little more bonus. You got on here talking about the AMFA wanted to protect scope, well they won that battle, to me the most important is my job being o.k. That was addressed. The pay is not terrible, I wish the 401 k was better, but regardless if it is this year, or next I will increase my 401k contribution, because I am used to living on my 2012 wage. I decide contracts based on how it impacts me, and the people I work with . I never let anybody or my union influence my vote. I watch our president open his mouth and make my 401k drop, since we have never had a pension plan. So if it fails so be it, do we still keep the same officers in there till we get a deal maybe not.

Officers have nothing to do with it, it is totally up to you and me and the membership. If we all hold strong to the numbers 1-5 of the original survey of the membership we will prevail in the end.
BTW I will 100% support my nego cmte and vote NO on this offer as it is currently...

Officers have nothing to do with it, it is totally up to you and me and the membership. If we all hold strong to the numbers 1-5 of the original survey of the membership we will prevail in the end.
BTW I will 100% support my nego cmte and vote NO on this offer as it is currently...
That's fine, so why bring it to a vote, why not last year, then we would be ahead, face it Swampy they continue to put us behind the 8 ball. If you wanted a no vote, they operated too slow.

Interesting:

• All federal court litigation will be stayed pending ratification.
Where is Go Figure? Probably out searching for his lost white elephant.

Granted, the details have not emerged but what little talk there was at work in regard to the AIP seemed positive. A big plus is Scope and another that may not be comprehended is retro to April 1,2018. I understand that to mean we got a raise on April 1st which will be accumulating while this plays out and another lump sum above the 74m retro payout. That will be clarified soon.

It will pass. The junior guys got their job security and the very most senior guys get some money on the way out the door. Also there is the possibility of it taking another 6 months to a year to even have something to vote on again. We shall see.

It will pass. The junior guys got their job security and the very most senior guys get some money on the way out the door. Also there is the possibility of it taking another 6 months to a year to even have something to vote on again. We shall see.
Most of the guys in my station are ready to be done, they wanted their job security. However not everyone will vote yes.

You must be in a really small station if you already know how most of your fellow mechanics there will vote. Either that or you're talkin out your tail pipe.
Dude I don't criticize you, so just let it go, and stop being a bot, your crap won't work on me, I was a Steward, so I know how union politics work.

Granted, the details have not emerged but what little talk there was at work in regard to the AIP seemed positive. A big plus is Scope and another that may not be comprehended is retro to April 1,2018. I understand that to mean we got a raise on April 1st which will be accumulating while this plays out and another lump sum above the 74m retro payout. That will be clarified soon.
Missing raise in 2018. Yes we will all get a raise in 2018 when we agree to this but the current offer is lacking a raise due to us in 2018. The 14.8% divided by 6 years is 2.46. It should equal 18% for our 6 years of waiting to equal the average of the 3% we have always had in good times and in bad. With the company trying to change the contract date to April, they are in fact trying to get out of the 3% raise in Aug. 16th of 2018. Think about it. Not only that the snap up % is 1.9% short of what we should have so therefore we are being asked to agree to 5% less pay of what we should be getting. Current offer is at least 5% short of a full retro or back pay to bring us to where we should be and I can assure you the union will point this out in the Monday union meeting as well as the Road Shows.
Don't get me wrong Bird, I too will wait for all the info from our NC at the up coming meetings. But at this early point with no detailed info I am a full blown "NO" vote. Full Retro or they get no contract, period!!!

Missing raise in 2018. Yes we will all get a raise in 2018 when we agree to this but the current offer is lacking a raise due to us in 2018. The 14.8% divided by 6 years is 2.46. It should equal 18% for our 6 years of waiting to equal the average of the 3% we have always had in good times and in bad. With the company trying to change the contract date to April, they are in fact trying to get out of the 3% raise in Aug. 16th of 2018. Think about it. Not only that the snap up % is 1.9% short of what we should have so therefore we are being asked to agree to 5% less pay of what we should be getting. Current offer is at least 5% short of a full retro or back pay to bring us to where we should be and I can assure you the union will point this out in the Monday union meeting as well as the Road Shows.
Don't get me wrong Bird, I too will wait for all the info from our NC at the up coming meetings. But at this early point with no detailed info I am a full blown "NO" vote. Full Retro or they get no contract, period!!!
When you have numbers that small the average mechanic is he or she willing to wait another year to get a raise, when we won the scope protections, you can bank vacation, you have the me too clause on the 401k match with the F/A coming up. If we were into year four most likely. However since we faught so hard to keep the scope, will guys go up to almost 7 years, who knows. Myself personally no.

Swamt your points are valid but it won't matter. The majority will take the money and run. Seen it before.