WN Mechanics seek mediation

When you have numbers that small the average mechanic is he or she willing to wait another year to get a raise, when we won the scope protections, you can bank vacation, you have the me too clause on the 401k match with the F/A coming up. If we were into year four most likely. However since we faught so hard to keep the scope, will guys go up to almost 7 years, who knows. Myself personally no.

We knew you were a yes vote from months back...

Swamt your points are valid but it won't matter. The majority will take the money and run. Seen it before.
I have too. And I hear ya. I can only hope the NC is very successful in convincing the membership to vote NO thru the road shows and the monthly meeting. Missing out on 5% at our payrate is over 5,000 for the year, and almost 500 per month. Think about it guys. We cannot allow the company to get by with only giving us pennies on the dollar for the now going on 6 plus years of pay freezes. I cannot vote for that, period. Why give up now, wait for the full amount due to us. It won't be a full year. Remember what happened in 2002 when we delivered the huge 95% NO vote? The company came back to the table and settled it the very next meeting within a week, we now need to do the same, a huge 90% plus NO vote to send out NC back to the table with the power they need to get this done...

I have too. And I hear ya. I can only hope the NC is very successful in convincing the membership to vote NO thru the road shows and the monthly meeting. Missing out on 5% at our payrate is over 5,000 for the year, and almost 500 per month. Think about it guys. We cannot allow the company to get by with only giving us pennies on the dollar for the now going on 6 plus years of pay freezes. I cannot vote for that, period. Why give up now, wait for the full amount due to us. It won't be a full year. Remember what happened in 2002 when we delivered the huge 95% NO vote? The company came back to the table and settled it the very next meeting within a week, we now need to do the same, a huge 90% plus NO vote to send out NC back to the table with the power they need to get this done...

Agreed. We have waited this long. Why cave in now and settle for less than we deserve.

I can not vote yes to this deal for the same reasons given by SWAMT.
The money isn't right and moving the raise dates to april is a nonstarter with me.
The NC would have to convince me that this is the best deal possible to vote for it, but they also don't support it. So I am NO.

It will pass. The junior guys got their job security and the very most senior guys get some money on the way out the door. Also there is the possibility of it taking another 6 months to a year to even have something to vote on again. We shall see.

I hate to say it but you're right. The companies purposely do this and take advantage of the RLA and the NMB rules to drag this **** out and breakdown the membership and pit them against each other. it's Fn'g criminal really. The membership will most likely say enough I am tired and vote it in to get it over with. One of the very reasons I will never work for a union airline carrier again.

Reactions: swamt
I hate to say it but you're right. The companies purposely do this and take advantage of the RLA and the NMB rules to drag this **** out and breakdown the membership and pit them against each other. it's Fn'g criminal really. The membership will most likely say enough I am tired and vote it in to get it over with. One of the very reasons I will never work for a union airline carrier again.
Where I am at the guys are like screw it, we waited almost 6 years, especially ones that want to retire now or the next 5 years, plus the lower time guys that need a raise with young famlies. Plus the maintenance controllers want it, they make out the,best, tech instructors will get lead pay, and the GSE guys which AMFA really hasn't even mentioned.

What does it matter, you might outvote me.
At this point I do not care. But I will proudly support my NC and vote NO. My NO vote will get stronger even more after the unions road show of information.
Give us what we deserve for the 5 year pay freeze. Average raises is all we are asking for, not the impossible or unreasonable. Leave everything else alone. 15% at DOS. 3% at Aug 2018 contract date equaling 18% total for the average of 3% per year of pay freeze and waiting. I also agree with the unions ask of 3.25% for outgoing years in these good times and record profits. It's not a rediculous ask or unreasonable.
Let's ban together and send a huge message for our NC to get back to the table and get the deal we are deserved. A 90% plus NO vote would do this just like back in the 2000's when we did it...

At this point I do not care. But I will proudly support my NC and vote NO. My NO vote will get stronger even more after the unions road show of information.
Give us what we deserve for the 5 year pay freeze. Average raises is all we are asking for, not the impossible or unreasonable. Leave everything else alone. 15% at DOS. 3% at Aug 2018 contract date equaling 18% total for the average of 3% per year of pay freeze and waiting. I also agree with the unions ask of 3.25% for outgoing years in these good times and record profits. It's not a rediculous ask or unreasonable.
Let's ban together and send a huge message for our NC to get back to the table and get the deal we are deserved. A 90% plus NO vote would do this just like back in the 2000's when we did it...
Your no vote is one vote, just like my vote is one vote. Let's see 2002, I believe the Teamsters were here, and Kelly was not the CEO, that's why when it was voted down, it got done. If we had to fight as hard as we did to get this far, including lawsuits, and Air21, we certainly didn't have to do that with the Teamsters. They don't fear AMFA to much. There is not guarantee here, that it will be a quick resolve like you are trying to preach here.

Your no vote is one vote, just like my vote is one vote. Let's see 2002, I believe the Teamsters were here, and Kelly was not the CEO, that's why when it was voted down, it got done. If we had to fight as hard as we did to get this far, including lawsuits, and Air21, we certainly didn't have to do that with the Teamsters. They don't fear AMFA to much. There is not guarantee here, that it will be a quick resolve like you are trying to preach here.
I honestly don't think it's a teamsters thing as much as it is a company deal. Their attitude towards employees in general has changed so much for the worse. I think the teamsters would have probably folded a long time ago for a lot less. Just look at the stock clerks.

I honestly don't think it's a teamsters thing as much as it is a company deal. Their attitude towards employees in general has changed so much for the worse. I think the teamsters would have probably folded a long time ago for a lot less. Just look at the stock clerks.
And just like the stock clerks voted it down, they still don't have a new deal yet, so Swampy needs to quit preaching that if we say no there will be a quick resolution, and if the Union is preaching that they are deceiving people.

Just saw the last update from the company from the stock clerks and the IBT, since the IBT rejected their last offer on March 15 th 2018, the company has completely withdrawn their proposal, and they might be headed to mediation , with no new talks scheduled. So like I said don't be telling people if you reject stuff there will be a quick solution, because it is a lie.

Latest posts