WN Mechanics seek mediation

What would this put a topped out line guy at total? And what are the future raises?

At DOS it will put an all in mechanic on graves right around $52, 3% is currently the offer for the out years but with no raise for 2018 and no raise in 2023. And end of current offer all in mech would be around $57 and change. All though SWA is really starting to move they are still short 2 raises and 2% on the snap up offer. And with the 2 years listed with no raises we are right at 5%-8% short where we should be. NC is not endorsing and we wait for the reasons why at the RS's to get more detailed info.

At DOS it will put an all in mechanic on graves right around $52, 3% is currently the offer for the out years but with no raise for 2018 and no raise in 2023. And end of current offer all in mech would be around $57 and change. All though SWA is really starting to move they are still short 2 raises and 2% on the snap up offer. And with the 2 years listed with no raises we are right at 5%-8% short where we should be. NC is not endorsing and we wait for the reasons why at the RS's to get more detailed info.
I look at this way Swampy if this passes. Keeping our scope, at the next opener of a new contract, if the company wants some scope again, you just tell this it what it will cost. Hold fast onto that and they will back off again. However if that becomes our mode of operation to get a contract, you will look at 3 to 5 years after the contract becomes amenable to get a new contract on average.

I look at this way Swampy if this passes. Keeping our scope, at the next opener of a new contract, if the company wants some scope again, you just tell this it what it will cost. Hold fast onto that and they will back off again. However if that becomes our mode of operation to get a contract, you will look at 3 to 5 years after the contract becomes amenable to get a new contract on average.
So, using your example here, we would go another 8-10 years keeping scope, international outsourcing, LOA 2, and the original ETOP's agreement and set a new pay scale range so that AA mechs could leapfrog us?
I will still wait for the RS's and the NC explanation to why they will not endorse the offer from the company and then I will make my decision that is best suited for me and my family. As long as all current headcount is protected, positions and we get more mechanics hired it might be a little tough to let it go back to the table, but, we will see after the RS's.
Has anyone heard if the company will be doing their own RS's? They did last time...

So, using your example here, we would go another 8-10 years keeping scope, international outsourcing, LOA 2, and the original ETOP's agreement and set a new pay scale range so that AA mechs could leapfrog us?
I will still wait for the RS's and the NC explanation to why they will not endorse the offer from the company and then I will make my decision that is best suited for me and my family. As long as all current headcount is protected, positions and we get more mechanics hired it might be a little tough to let it go back to the table, but, we will see after the RS's.
Has anyone heard if the company will be doing their own RS's? They did last time...
Not by choice, but if they operated like they did, till they finally backed off, that's what your faced with. I don't worry about what other mechanics are paided at other airlines. I want to be paid fairly for what I do. Plus have work rules so we have a job. And to answer your questions yes the company will email the T/A out, whenever it is finalized and have their own road shows.

Not by choice, but if they operated like they did, till they finally backed off, that's what your faced with. I don't worry about what other mechanics are paided at other airlines. I want to be paid fairly for what I do. Plus have work rules so we have a job. And to answer your questions yes the company will email the T/A out, whenever it is finalized and have their own road shows.
Ok, thx.

Interesting sounds like ammunition for Air21 suits, where is "Go Figure!" ?

Go fig was not all that informed. The air21's had nothing to do with us not getting to vote or an offer from the co. The recent agreements with some suits still out there just proves that. I think he was planted to try and get more people on board to go against the NC. All the suits from co. and from the union were all independent of any AIP or T/A coming out, they had nothing to do with the delays the co. dragged out for these 6 years...

Ok, thx.

Go fig was not all that informed. The air21's had nothing to do with us not getting to vote or an offer from the co. The recent agreements with some suits still out there just proves that. I think he was planted to try and get more people on board to go against the NC. All the suits from co. and from the union were all independent of any AIP or T/A coming out, they had nothing to do with the delays the co. dragged out for these 6 years...
When the company is stalling, Air21 complaints are a tool unions can use to bring negative publicity to a company. It effects stock price and market share, if serious enough. Passengers don't care what we get paid, but they do care if their airplanes are safe. One oh crap, can wipe out 41 years of no accidents. Look what happened to poor USair .We came to an agreement because of ETOPS and upper management wanted it done, and the Air21 complaints settled. The CFM is a wonderful engine, but there will be a life limit on these titanium alloy fan blades.

I had to sleep on it before I answered this one. Again you are out of line driver. The union in no way shape or form used Air 21's as a tool to bring negativity publicity to the company, period. The Air 21's that have been settled were "ALL" settled to the unions and to the individuals that filed them favor completely. There were mechanics jobs threatened and company upper management that were punished, so why in the world would you claim that the Air 21's were used as atool against the company? This is totally not the case, and I cannot believe you are even saying something like this as a mechanic. You sound more like an upper officer that is worried about an Air 21 filed on him.
There were more things than just ETOPS and the upper management telling the co. NC to get it done. One major item that you also missed, is the fact we have a huge FAA investigation upon us right now and this, in my opinion, is one of the top items of why they wanted to get something out so bad and the current fan blade issue did not help any of us at all. Driver, do us all a favor and take a break for a while. Let's just wait for the RS's to get done then we will get back on hear and discuss the issues. I will not discuss the investigation issues while there is still an ongoing investigation.

Swamt - quit believing your own philosophy. If the current lawsuits from SWA and amfa have no bearing on negotiations why is it mentioned in the update lawsuits will be put on hold pending vote outcome?? Not talking the multiple AIR suits. How about the other litigation of not bargaining fair from amfa and SWA suit on violations of RLA bargaining violations. Good luck.

I had to sleep on it before I answered this one. Again you are out of line driver. The union in no way shape or form used Air 21's as a tool to bring negativity publicity to the company, period. The Air 21's that have been settled were "ALL" settled to the unions and to the individuals that filed them favor completely. There were mechanics jobs threatened and company upper management that were punished, so why in the world would you claim that the Air 21's were used as atool against the company? This is totally not the case, and I cannot believe you are even saying something like this as a mechanic. You sound more like an upper officer that is worried about an Air 21 filed on him.
There were more things than just ETOPS and the upper management telling the co. NC to get it done. One major item that you also missed, is the fact we have a huge FAA investigation upon us right now and this, in my opinion, is one of the top items of why they wanted to get something out so bad and the current fan blade issue did not help any of us at all. Driver, do us all a favor and take a break for a while. Let's just wait for the RS's to get done then we will get back on hear and discuss the issues. I will not discuss the investigation issues while there is still an ongoing investigation.
I never said anything about the investigation, the reason I said it was a tool and it is, because Seham video pushes them. Our own union president put out an update with Seham video questioning SWA safety right after the blade accident. Talk about kicking someone when you are down. If we had a contract and everyone was happy, you wouldn't even be hearing about air21 or the other lawsuits. You might have Air21s if a manager was a total you know what. But usually if someone is that bad, and the guys don't want to work for him,SWA usually gets rid of them. And I assure you, I am a lead not management.

I never said anything about the investigation, the reason I said it was a tool and it is, because Seham video pushes them. Our own union president put out an update with Seham video questioning SWA safety right after the blade accident. Talk about kicking someone when you are down. If we had a contract and everyone was happy, you wouldn't even be hearing about air21 or the other lawsuits. You might have Air21s if a manager was a total you know what. But usually if someone is that bad, and the guys don't want to work for him,SWA usually gets rid of them. And I assure you, I am a lead not management.
We have someone running the show now that most people don't want to work for and they circled the wagons to protect him. That is the new southwest. You're right though back in the old days they would have gotten rid of him quickly.