WN Mechanics seek mediation

Weazz if you guys take 6 years or more to produce a T/A, Swampy be on your American Airlines boards saying how your unions are a complete failures, and you guys are complete fools. But if our union AMFA takes six years, they are doing a wonderful job.

YES. That’s why he’s a freakin CRAPPY salesman. He thinks none of those guys on the AA thread are reading this crap over here and know that AMFA sucks now. driver read them over there now. Yea they never stop with the card drive crap but now they’re trying to figure out who the hell to go with.

Remember driver you can’t fix stupid.

YES. That’s why he’s a freakin CRAPPY salesman. He thinks none of those guys on the AA thread are reading this crap over here and know that AMFA sucks now. driver read them over there now. Yea they never stop with the card drive crap but now they’re trying to figure out who the hell to go with.

Remember driver you can’t fix stupid.
If you don't have a game plan, it wouldn't matter who you had. My best guess, if they ever had an election at American Airlines. The TWU would win, and the others would lose. They already had a card drive when everyone was pissed off from the bankruptcy crap, and AMFA got 8 votes. When the mechanics at American see we take 6 years to get an agreement in principle, and Parker and company are a lot tougher than SWA management, I would say the TWU wins.

If you don't have a game plan, it wouldn't matter who you had. My best guess, if they ever had an election at American Airlines. The TWU would win, and the others would lose. They already had a card drive when everyone was pissed off from the bankruptcy crap, and AMFA got 8 votes. When the mechanics at American see we take 6 years to get an agreement in principle, and Parker and company are a lot tougher than SWA management, I would say the TWU wins.

I just go with reality and stay out of trying to play in Fantasyland. The TWU has been in the house of AA for 70 years. The IAM was in the house of US for also about 70 years. US came close to having the IAM removed with the IBT (AMFA 8) AA has never had a successful card drive come even close despite the rhetoric.

Now there were multiple horrible times in our Industry from 1978 on where it could have happened that either Union was replaced and it didn’t come to be. So NOW after we’re finally on the upswing there are a few fools out there who think this is the time? Yea sure. Ok.

You also have to remember now with the sheer size of the Maintenance groups that have come together it’s now all the more difficult to get to that 50% showing of interest IF they can even figure out who the hell they might be interested in. AMFA blew it by taking way too long at your Airline. They proved they can’t really get the job done proficiently.

The garbage has gotten to the point where it’s not even a bothersome nuisance brought up anymore. It’s a total and complete joke. (Don’t forget all the raises we got at AA in 2016 too BTW)

I just go with reality and stay out of trying to play in Fantasyland. The TWU has been in the house of AA for 70 years. The IAM was in the house of US for also about 70 years. US came close to having the IAM removed with the IBT (AMFA 8) AA has never had a successful card drive come even close despite the rhetoric.

Now there were multiple horrible times in our Industry from 1978 on where it could have happened that either Union was replaced and it didn’t come to be. So NOW after we’re finally on the upswing there are a few fools out there who think this is the time? Yea sure. Ok.

You also have to remember now with the sheer size of the Maintenance groups that have come together it’s now all the more difficult to get to that 50% showing of interest IF they can even figure out who the hell they might be interested in. AMFA blew it by taking way too long at your Airline. They proved they can’t really get the job done proficiently.

The garbage has gotten to the point where it’s not even a bothersome nuisance brought up anymore. It’s a total and complete joke. (Don’t forget all the raises we got at AA in 2016 too BTW)
But now they want us to vote it down, because other airlines, are getting paid more, guess what they have been paid more for a long time, because we are in The Movie Ground hog day, stuck back in 2012.

But now they want us to vote it down, because other airlines, are getting paid more, guess what they have been paid more for a long time, because we are in The Movie Ground hog day, stuck back in 2012.

driver it’s up to you guys no matter what “THEY” want you to do. If they made a deal with the Company they should honor that deal and pass it on to you. They can recommend anything they want but at least show that you’re honorable.

When we announce a deal that’s it for me. If someone announces a raise before I vote I could give a rats ass. So what if my Neighbor just put in some nice bushes in front of his House. Do I like my own Flower boxes?

And the idiots who are telling you to stand firm after (6) SIX years now are just that, idiots. A bunch of Dogs trying to catch their own tails.

And I’m being honest here but I “think” the only reason they want you to hold out to be paid higher than AA, UAL and Delta is so they have something they can use to try and sell their product to at those Airlines when the time comes up again?

driver it’s up to you guys no matter what “THEY” want you to do. If they made a deal with the Company they should honor that deal and pass it on to you. They can recommend anything they want but at least show that you’re honorable.

When we announce a deal that’s it for me. If someone announces a raise before I vote I could give a rats ass. So what if my Neighbor just put in some nice bushes in front of his House. Do I like my own Flower boxes?

And the idiots who are telling you to stand firm after (6) SIX years now are just that, idiots. A bunch of Dogs trying to catch their own tails.

And I’m being honest here but I “think” the only reason they want you to hold out to be paid higher than AA, UAL and Delta is so they have something they can use to try and sell their product to at those Airlines when the time comes up again?
That's exactly what our ALR stated, oh another thing that pissed me off, we are $34,000 short in union dues, maybe because of legal expenses, Go Figure! The ALR was we should hold out, because we have always been higher than others, and we deserve more. The chart they use if you don't get the full 2018 raise, in 20 years, the average mechanic would be $200,000 short in money. I say what about the thousands we have lost in 6 years. And now you want me to vote no, so I can go 7 or 8 years, sorry that dog won't hunt.

Last edited:
So what happens as the years go by and people drop off because they’re sick and tired and for Gods sake they want to retire? I guess none of them get that glorious retro check that gets a couple more hundred added in after what, 8 or 9 years?

How long do these maniacs want you to wait?

Not to mention 6 years of compounding retirement income LOST!
Actually the retirees will get paid, even dead and passed mechanics family will get retro and bonuses just like the Pilots. That was one of the biggies, full retro for all who deserves it. So folks that retire will still get what they deserve for being here during the last 5.5 years. It's a lot more than a couple hundred chief. You should read the updates better as it was all in there.

Actually the retirees will get paid, even dead and passed mechanics family will get retro and bonuses just like the Pilots. That was one of the biggies, full retro for all who deserves it. So folks that retire will still get what they deserve for being here during the last 5.5 years. It's a lot more than a couple hundred chief. You should read the updates better as it was all in there.

I’m not obsessed with your Negotiations like you are with ours, sorry. Besides you don’t read any of our Unions updates either bub.

You lost 6 years of compounding value economically and way more so in your 401k.

You ain’t getting that back there Slick.

That's exactly what our ALR stated, oh another thing that pissed me off, we are $34,000 short in union dues, maybe because of legal expenses, Go Figure! The ALR was we should hold out, because we have always been higher than others, and we deserve more. The chart they use if you don't get the full 2018 raise, in 20 years, the average mechanic would be $200,000 short in money. I say what about the thousands we have lost in 6 years. And now you want me to vote no, so I can go 7 or 8 years, sorry that dog won't hunt.

That dog can’t hunt cause it’s always running around in circles trying to catch its tail.

I’m not obsessed with your Negotiations like you are with ours, sorry. Besides you don’t read any of our Unions updates either bub.

You lost 6 years of compounding value economically and way more so in your 401k.

He's a consultant hired by the Association! Lol!

Wrong again skippy. 401K will be retro'd from a different account from the 91 mil. So we will get most all back minus only the compounding which might come to a few shares of stock. I have read all the updates posted on the treads, I do not go out and hunt for them though.

Wrong again skippy. 401K will be retro'd from a different account from the 91 mil. So we will get most all back minus only the compounding which might come to a few shares of stock. I have read all the updates posted on the treads, I do not go out and hunt for them though.
That's all well and Good, but if you look at the return on your account from 2012 to now, even with the match money, you missed out on 6 years of compounded returns, because my 401k , with my investments in the last 5 years, has averaged an 18% return. Not to mention your profit sharing is based on what you made. So your math is bad, it's more than a few shares of stock. Also if we say no, we don't get anything! :)

Weazz if you guys take 6 years or more to produce a T/A, Swampy be on your American Airlines boards saying how your unions are a complete failures, and you guys are complete fools. But if our union AMFA takes six years, they are doing a wonderful job.
Our associationis a joke. Two unions fighting each other. Fighting the company and the membership is divided. I see this going to September 12th and beyond. In reality we have contracts in place and the company has absolutely no reason to negotiate a JCBA before we get within a few months of our current CBA. So six years is something that we at AA will or might see in the future. You guys here at SWA keep pressing on to get what you deserve. It may take more time but better safe than sorry. I know guys are pissed and are out of patience but negotiations is a two party process. Get it right the first time. Unfortunately for us at AA it's not a two party process. It's actually three. TWU, IAM and American Airlines.

Reactions: swamt
Our associationis a joke. Two unions fighting each other. Fighting the company and the membership is divided. I see this going to September 12th and beyond. In reality we have contracts in place and the company has absolutely no reason to negotiate a JCBA before we get within a few months of our current CBA. So six years is something that we at AA will or might see in the future. You guys here at SWA keep pressing on to get what you deserve. It may take more time but better safe than sorry. I know guys are pissed and are out of patience but negotiations is a two party process. Get it right the first time. Unfortunately for us at AA it's not a two party process. It's actually three. TWU, IAM and American Airlines.
I hope you guys don't go that long, the main thing that pisses the majority of us off, is delay after delay. We could've done an extension, but AMFA didn't do that. We blew it on not getting a contract for the Airtran buyout. They almost had a deal last year on scope, and then asked for impossible economics. When you ask when we will vote on something last year, your LOCAL ALR tells you , that you're to stupid to vote. Now we are waiting for them to sign off on a T/A, but they want us to vote it down. People are just fed up! I wish you guys luck at American.

Latest posts