WN Mechanics seek mediation

You need to look around. This is the new norm for airlines. Drag it out with a freeze in wages and then capitalize on the weak members with negotiation fatigue. Effective to say the least. If we don't fight this time it's over.
Fight give me a break, everyone works all the overtime they can, does downlines .Take a look out in the parking lot with the $60,000 Trucks. They tried one week of an overtime ban, and the mighty AMFA got their dick knocked into the dirt with a Federal lawsuit. You have people happily do the ETOPS. What are we going to fight with? Let's see AMFA wants us to lose $15,000 a year minimum in straight time wages plus a minimum of $35,000 in backpay bonus, not to mention another 6 months of backpay at the new pay scale another at minimum of $7500 . You sir with that mentality are Gary Kelly's Dream mechanics at 2012 wages, for say another 2 years, more profit sharing for management, and all the other employees. Plus a bigger piece of the pie with the other groups in their negotiations. Hey look customer service and Fight attendants we have another $500,000,000 for you because these stupid mechanics said no. Meanwhile we are still changing tires and brakes ,people working Ron with no raise. Sorry someone better teach you something about economics. These other so called Airlines took 5 years, not 6,or 7, or 8 years!

Fight give me a break, everyone works all the overtime they can, does downlines .Take a look out in the parking lot with the $60,000 Trucks. They tried one week of an overtime ban, and the mighty AMFA got their dick knocked into the dirt with a Federal lawsuit. You have people happily do the ETOPS. What are we going to fight with? Let's see AMFA wants us to lose $15,000 a year minimum in straight time wages plus a minimum of $35,000 in backpay bonus, not to mention another 6 months of backpay at the new pay scale another at minimum of $7500 . You sir with that mentality are Gary Kelly's Dream mechanics at 2012 wages, for say another 2 years, more profit sharing for management, and all the other employees. Plus a bigger piece of the pie with the other groups in their negotiations. Hey look customer service and Fight attendants we have another $500,000,000 for you because these stupid mechanics said no. Meanwhile we are still changing tires and brakes ,people working Ron with no raise. Sorry someone better teach you something about economics. These other so called Airlines took 5 years, not 6,or 7, or 8 years!
I am truly in awe! There is nothing you don't know! There is nothing I can't get you to say. I haven't had this much fun in a long time!

I am truly in awe! There is nothing you don't know! There is nothing I can't get you to say. I haven't had this much fun in a long time!
You are your own pipe dream if you even work for SWA, I am beginning to wonder. But when there is no mediator, anyone can say anything. No wonder our board is such a joke!

Last edited:
Hey driver I haven’t read all the details on your TA yet so I figured I’d just ask you here being you may be the only honest person who responds here.

Was AMFA able to secure an industry reset if anyone jumps ahead of you? AA, DL, UAL (UPS, FedEx)

IBT UAL has language to cover that and we’ll see if the Association secures that too.

75A9F25C-E2BC-4BEC-8141-EE9B243871D2.png

Did I get on your bad side by declaring I don't believe unionism is all about taking a lifetime blood oath to one union?

I’m sorry Birdman no not at all. You’re cool. As a matter of fact even though sure I disagree with some posters here and there most of you are pretty cool.

It’s swamt again what else is new. He’s back in our house AGAIN smearing his Dog poop on our front door.

Reactions: B737 driver
Just poking fun at you WeAAsle, I took no offense. I'm not Driver but NO, there is no "me too" in regard to industry wage in our AIP.

Just poking fun at you WeAAsle, I took no offense. I'm not Driver but NO, there is no "me too" in regard to industry wage in our AIP.

You know Birdman just speaking for myself I could care less if we have a “Me too” or not. If I have a solid contract with wages and benefits and decent yearly increases I’m not worried about being a part of any contest with my neighbors.

BTW I want to say this again. Any time I pop on here and get mean about your Union I’m only counterpunching swamt for what he does in my house. It’s NOT the type of behavior I prefer to engage in myself.

Unlike him I wish all of you in every Union group at your Airline nothing but the best. From Pilots all the way down to the guy who scrapes gum off the bottom of your seats.

Hey driver I haven’t read all the details on your TA yet so I figured I’d just ask you here being you may be the only honest person who responds here.

Was AMFA able to secure an industry reset if anyone jumps ahead of you? AA, DL, UAL (UPS, FedEx)

IBT UAL has language to cover that and we’ll see if the Association secures that too.

View attachment 13121
Nope Weazz we have never had that in any of the mechanics contracts in the history of SWA.To get that,probably would had to lose some scope language. Where we will make our money is with the new pay scale working overtime, getting double time, and triple time working overtime after your shift ends on a holiday.

Point proven.........again.
What point is that, you are an ass with a smart phone, putting down Union members that want to vote get a raise and move on. If it fails you will still be making the same amount of money ,that you have for the last six years.

In reference to that Reset here at UAL.... We pretty well expect any attempt to use it to be denied. They would tell us something stupid like our uniforms are a benefit worth ten dollars an hour or something else equally stupid.

View attachment 13121

In reference to that Reset here at UAL.... We pretty well expect any attempt to use it to be denied. They would tell us something stupid like our uniforms are a benefit worth ten dollars an hour or something else equally stupid.
In other words , you would have to have arbitration to get it.