WN Mechanics seek mediation

I don’t get why you are so defensive, I thought you didn’t care how others voted? I wasn’t a no vote right away, I don’t vote based on how people tell me to vote. In the beginning I was undecided, but leaning yes because I want an end to all of this. After reading everything and doing the math, they’re shorting us, and to add salt to the wound- AA is offering their mechanics about $3-$4/hr more! The company could’ve gotten out in front of it and immediately revised their numbers, and that would’ve changed the vote numbers dramatically; but they’re looking for the 50% +1, not for it to overwhelmingly pass.
American has nothing right now they are trying to get a card drive to get a new union. So either the Association will panic and try to quickly produce something , hoping it gets voted in and they keep the guys. Or AMP is successful get the mechanics, by the time they get organized and get a T/A voted in , it will probably be 2 to 3 years, or more in full section 6. You guys can not go around chasing a pay scale of the guys across the street. If you want to start comparing airlines. Delta line guys make more than the guy in the slide shop, or the wheel and brake shop. If you are working in a shop, and not the line or hangar you get 1 license premium, not both.

Last edited:
You might’ve skipped over the part where I said I did the math and they’re shorting is on base pay. I threw in AAs offer because it is relevant, that is what AA is offering the union.

Reactions: 737MAX7
You might’ve skipped over the part where I said I did the math and they’re shorting is on base pay. I threw in AAs offer because it is relevant, that is what AA is offering the union.
It's only relevant if they pay that, your most viable is probably what United gets paid. The fact remains we have a T/A you guys ***** and moan about not getting paid more. If you say no we are still at 2012 wages, if that makes you feel powerful , because, you then have nothing , until we vote again. Hell we can't even produce a quick vote, if we wanted to turn something down, so 2018, is gone and the 6 months of backpay. Just how quickly do you think we will be a priority with no trump card on ETOPS?

Last edited:
By them offering that to the union- that means they’re willing to pay that.
But forget AA, the southwest offer is still missing a few dollars/hour on our base pay. Do the math yourself. Just think- you’re an eve line lead, the more $$ in base pay means you’ll be getting even more than the rest of us. Instead of focusing your hate on the union, try placing it where it actually belongs- squarely at the feet of the company. They’re the ones who used stall tactics to get you here. If they truly wanted a deal, they could’ve had one YEARS ago. This deal would’ve been acceptable back in 2016, but they had to keep trying to erode our scope.

By them offering that to the union- that means they’re willing to pay that.
But forget AA, the southwest offer is still missing a few dollars/hour on our base pay. Do the math yourself. Just think- you’re an eve line lead, the more $$ in base pay means you’ll be getting even more than the rest of us. Instead of focusing your hate on the union, try placing it where it actually belongs- squarely at the feet of the company. They’re the ones who used stall tactics to get you here. If they truly wanted a deal, they could’ve had one YEARS ago. This deal would’ve been acceptable back in 2016, but they had to keep trying to erode our scope.
I understand on the scope, but this time you kept it, you could secure this offer, and then with the reopener option , just do an extension, with the pay scale.

No thanks. I will just vote no until this deal is better. I didn't wait 6 years to vote for this crap.

Reactions: swamt
No thanks. I will just vote no until this deal is better. I didn't wait 6 years to vote for this crap.
That's fine, in your opinion how long will it take, say next April of 2019. Because I don't see the mediator being in a hurry going into the 4 th quarter of 2018. It's sad it got to this point over a 3% raise that we didn't get. I really can't wrap my head around that. Do you also think we will keep the same officers or **** can them when this is over?. The frustrating part is I feel if it fails the union wasted our time, and negotiating time, dragging this vote out for 6 stinking months! We can be mad at the company, but we should also be mad at our Union for this vote road show fiasco.

The road show isn’t a fiasco. It’s them doing their due diligence. They’re out there answering our questions- you know- the ones who pay for representation. The company is also out there talking about this thing, I don’t hear you complaining about that. Yeah, it took longer than expected, but complaining about 6 months and not the other 5.5 years!? I think we’d be lucky to see something this year, I’m banking more on Feb-mar for another aip if this gets voted down.

The road show isn’t a fiasco. It’s them doing their due diligence. They’re out there answering our questions- you know- the ones who pay for representation. The company is also out there talking about this thing, I don’t hear you complaining about that. Yeah, it took longer than expected, but complaining about 6 months and not the other 5.5 years!? I think we’d be lucky to see something this year, I’m banking more on Feb-mar for another aip if this gets voted down.
I know what the company is saying, same thing they have said since this started. I also see on social media how bad people are trying to push a no vote. You and I both know that there will not be anything this year. You could have had video conferencing from Dallas over one week, once you got a T/A and been done. Then had your vote done, it's not any different than having a Share holders meeting. This is the 21 st century. Then all the stations could have seen what questions were being asked and nothing bent by telling stations different things.

I know about the social media stuff, I see it too. Some of those guys are good friends of mine, but they don’t make my choices for me. You keep commenting on it (just like on here) because you want this to pass. You’re not doing anything different than them- I don’t get the need to keep saying to vote no/yes. You both have a side that you’re trying to push. For me, it was clear once I educated myself on the offer, vs what I think the offer should be. I really was on the fence for awhile at first, until I sat down and actually figured it out. It gonna be what it’s gonna be. Like I said earlier- I’m a no vote, but if it does pass, I’ll just have to suffer through a $7/hr raise. This argument will continue on well past this agreement anyways- just like how people still complain about giving up double time paid rest.

I know about the social media stuff, I see it too. Some of those guys are good friends of mine, but they don’t make my choices for me. You keep commenting on it (just like on here) because you want this to pass. You’re not doing anything different than them- I don’t get the need to keep saying to vote no/yes. You both have a side that you’re trying to push. For me, it was clear once I educated myself on the offer, vs what I think the offer should be. I really was on the fence for awhile at first, until I sat down and actually figured it out. It gonna be what it’s gonna be. Like I said earlier- I’m a no vote, but if it does pass, I’ll just have to suffer through a $7/hr raise. This argument will continue on well past this agreement anyways- just like how people still complain about giving up double time paid rest.
Blue collar didn't mean to offend you, yes I would like it to pass, I don't know how long you have been here, I have been here 24 years. So if someone has six years or less they have had a raise every year, except for 1 year, if they are over six. We senior people have not had a raise in 6.-So it would be nice to get a raise to keep up with inflation.I have seen this ball move from we must maintain scope, till now it is we want to be the highest paid. If the economy takes a crap, we will have a hard time getting anymore, if we say no to this.

That is a pretty bad argument that people who weren’t topped out the entire time have been getting raises. Sure, they’re working their way up the steps by getting a raise- but you’re still making much more than them. I’m sure they would’ve traded places with you any day. Remember- everyone is still making 2012 wages, whether you’re topped out or not. So don’t try to make this about you vs them.

That is a pretty bad argument that people who weren’t topped out the entire time have been getting raises. Sure, they’re working their way up the steps by getting a raise- but you’re still making much more than them. I’m sure they would’ve traded places with you any day. Remember- everyone is still making 2012 wages, whether you’re topped out or not. So don’t try to make this about you vs them.
It's not us vrs them the point is they moved up the wage scale,where we have not. Then with have no increase in income like they have, it forces you to work overtime to keep up. That's why this is good enough for me, so I am only one vote.

You’ve been higher up the wage scale the entire time. You think the guys making $30/hr are better off because they went to $33 the next year? A lot of the guys I was hired in with left other airlines making more (myself included) and took a pay cut to come here. The same argument can be used for the big raise you received in 2012.

Reactions: swamt
You’ve been higher up the wage scale the entire time. You think the guys making $30/hr are better off because they went to $33 the next year? A lot of the guys I was hired in with left other airlines making more (myself included) and took a pay cut to come here. The same argument can be used for the big raise you received in 2012.
What because I became a lead in 2014? I have had to start over several times give me a break, you act like these younger guys have it terrible here. That's part of Aviation is, and what your seniority brings you. Just like the seniority you had at your last Airline.

Last edited: