WN Mechanics seek mediation

What an absurd notion that we should just "trust" they will do the right thing. Even to make such a comment shows the contempt and total disrespect they have for our negotiators. There's no logical reason to make these kinds of comments without ulterior motives. I'm losing total faith in this type of mediated process that imposes no penalty on the party that refuses to negotiate in good faith in an unwaivering an arrogant manner. These long contentious negotiations will not only continue to distract, annoy, and frustrate mechanics but also their direct supervision.
Couldn't agree more. Frustration is too light of an example. Stick a fork in me, I am done with this co. When people find out where I work and they say oh, SWA, that's a great co. to work for isn't it? It's hard to hold a straight face and I do explain how the changes have taken place since Herb and Colleen has left. Even our customers are noticing the changes within our airline. It's sad to see, but the co. has totally brought it onto themselves 100%. And yes the sups and foreman have been starting to see what we've been saying for years now and they too are now agreeing with us. If this keeps up the way they are going, SWA employee relations will look just like AA's and other airlines...

Ok. Thx for the update. Did not know you guys were getting another increase this Oct. So all in for you guys is 54.77. Very nice. You guys are now over 10 bucks on us at SWA, congrats...
Just so I am clear, Which Mechanics are at 54.77?

Some may not think this pertains to us, but it does. Remember when SWA's nc bragged about our offer being 5-6% above AA and UAL's offers? Well, now we have a new leader taking the reins of "industry leading pay" I have always said the longer SWA draggs this out the more it will cost them. Now our new DOS should be in the 52-53 area. Let's not forget the UPSers are also still nego, which could cost them even more if they get an offer before us...

Just to be clear, when I mentioned industry leading I was refering to the passenger airlines. We all know Fed Ex and UPS are in the 50's already with FE at mid 55 and UPS still in nego's looking at 60's.

Read this article this morning. I like where MR claims the co. has moved and made progress in the last few months. That's a flat out lie. The co. has not moved on anything. The union has made movement with absolutely nothing from the co. It's time for the mediators to get the co. to start moving otherwise let's move onto the next step we are tired of the stalls and delays. Here we are going on 5 years and still nothing to look at. We are done with trusting the co. as they have shown they can no longer be trusted at their words at the nego table (4th line agreement). Let's see what happens in the 2 up coming weeks of nego's, if nothing, then it's time to move on to the next steps of the process, strike vote and arbitration.

Southwest Airlines and mechanics still negotiating new contract after 4 years of talks

Really Mr. Ryan? Just what progress have you seen as of late? And even in the last year? NONE! Nata, Zero. I would really like to see the breakdown Mr. Ryan is going by because just as the article states we've been deadlocked for several months and it's time to move on to the next steps. Here's the quote from him stating we have made progress; quotations added by me:

"Southwest has taken a slightly more optimistic outlook, with the vice president of labor relations, Mike Ryan, citing recent progress after over four years of negotiations.

Ryan said the company is eager to put in place a deal that would give Southwest's mechanics industry-leading wages."

Unless Mr. Ryan is considering some major movement this up coming week of negotiations then all these statements he is being quoted in is all false. We have NOT seen any movement from the co. for several months. I no longer trust him or this company from their promises to keep their word. So sad to see how far this company will go to take care of the investors first and lose all faith from the employees. Some things the company will never get back--period.

Southwest, mechanics still negotiating new contract after 4 years of talks
How can someone be so proud of "recent progress" after 4 1/4 years of negotiating???

Really Mr. Ryan? Just what progress have you seen as of late? And even in the last year? NONE! Nata, Zero. I would really like to see the breakdown Mr. Ryan is going by because just as the article states we've been deadlocked for several months and it's time to move on to the next steps. Here's the quote from him stating we have made progress; quotations added by me:

"Southwest has taken a slightly more optimistic outlook, with the vice president of labor relations, Mike Ryan, citing recent progress after over four years of negotiations.

Ryan said the company is eager to put in place a deal that would give Southwest's mechanics industry-leading wages."

Unless Mr. Ryan is considering some major movement this up coming week of negotiations then all these statements he is being quoted in is all false. We have NOT seen any movement from the co. for several months. I no longer trust him or this company from their promises to keep their word. So sad to see how far this company will go to take care of the investors first and lose all faith from the employees. Some things the company will never get back--period.

Southwest, mechanics still negotiating new contract after 4 years of talks
How can someone be so proud of "recent progress" after 4 1/4 years of negotiating???

I hope you get a better contract then UAL

*SWAPA pilots vote down t/a in November of 2015 sending a message to the company and approve t/a in November of 2016.
*SW flight attendants vote down t/a in July of 2015 sending a message to the company and approve t/a in October of 2016.
*AMFA mechanic negotiators make reasonable efforts to negotiate in good faith but are met with staunch resistance.

Well I'm glad to see AMFA made progress in the one day of negotiations this past week. I don't know where the rest of the members stand, but I could care less if controllers had their own section. I'm glad to see the union put together something for the controllers. I certainly did not expect these contract negotiations to go this long with a mediator. Hopefully we have something to vote on by April 2017.

Progress? What progress are you referring to? I might have missed something in the update as I was so negative about how stale mate the co. has been. I too could care less about the MC's and the instructors being "IN" our contract. They should be on their own just like the FMT's. And I have a hunch that this is what is holding our contract up, by a very very small group of people, not fair. I say it's time to move on. The membership needs to see something soon. If the co. doesn't move on their must haves then a resounding "NO" vote will be the results.

Well the crap UAL contract passed 51.5%
While Crap to you, American Airlines Mechanics comparatively would jump to approve such an offer. We have half the holidays and less vacation. The hourly wage we now are experiencing is the first of what I hope is a new environment for the mechanics of the likes we have never seen. United's T/A is catching some attention, however, the Delta plus or United plus offer is receiving a large response from the floor.

Although very brief, our CEO does address our contract in this interview. What he does not understand is the fact that it is the co. that's holding up the members from voting on it NOT the union as he so indicates in his comments. Co. needs to move on the scope and protections as well as their must haves.

Southwest CEO Talks Hopes, Concerns for 2017