WN Mechanics seek mediation

Talk about timing.
Here's the latest about the upcoming vote, ironic it comes out on the exact 6 year anniversary, Aug 16, 2018. I say keep the original contract date to today.

Read the referendum notice here.

It appears that I was wrong with saying 3 weeks for the vote, looks more like a full month as usual. Good luck to all no matter how you vote, please all, take the time to vote.

Interesting that the company NC was out on the floor chatting with mechanics in Dallas. Not many engaged but several had lengthy conversations. What’s strange were their comments about more money being available it we rejected the TA. My first thought was what company buffoon would jeopardize not only their job but also a chance to secure “an industry leading agreement” that we, as fools, would agree to with money left on the table. Reverse psychology, sellers remorse, who knows but if we have learned anything it’s to be very suspicious of their motives.

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
Just more propaganda from the company. They are starting to think that this current offer may not go thru. I hope it does not go thru. There is more money on the table as one of them said so.
If they would just leave everything where it is now and change the snap up % to reflect what it should be, and offer and actual raise for each and everyone of the outgoing years including the final 2023 year, it will fly through IMO. Don't come out here and 'try" to short change us aftera 6 year pay freeze, C'mon company NC, it's not gonna fly with us.

Birdman - what kind of comments were they making?
I had no interest in talking to any of them but I did confirm through a mechanic who did that the money comment was accurate. Only other noteworthy NC comments were they were not interested in language changes. One mechanic showed a pic of the station protection language that our NC supposedly lined through and handed back to the company. I got the impression they were trying to drive a wedge. As swamt said it's all propaganda.

It seems the more the company gets out and does their propaganda campaign the more no votes come out. They successfully changed a yes vote over to a no vote in our group.
I say vote it down, get back to the table, make the tweeks needed to the most talked about items, and send it back out. That simple, and yes that quick. That was easy...

It seems the more the company gets out and does their propaganda campaign the more no votes come out. They successfully changed a yes vote over to a no vote in our group.
I say vote it down, get back to the table, make the tweeks needed to the most talked about items, and send it back out. That simple, and yes that quick. That was easy...
Boy you guys are hilarious to watch you argue with yourselves.Company propaganda, what that there will not be a quick solution.Our own Union has taken six months to go from a AIP to a T/A vote. Get real! If this is shot down, then AMFA has to do their survey. That will be in October. Then you have the holidays , so there goes 2018. Then we get with the mediator in Feb of 2019. Hopefully the company doesn't want some language changes for more economics. You have already been proven wrong on the ETOPS. Heck we can't even get weight and ballance paperwork right. We might as well buy an Airline that is already ETOPS. Just like we bought Airtran for the 800s and international flights.

Not telling you guys how to vote, that's up to each individual but some of your concerns will be rectified if you do vote no. For starters, your August date moved to April, that will be fixed, because the new date will be August of 2019, if we're lucky. The 3% snapup difference will be fixed because the retro from April 1st will be gone as well. We may at very best get an additional 1-2 percent by voting this down. But I cannot see this happening earlier than a year, and that's if there is no language changes. We have other groups now coming up for negotiations that will take precedence once again. Besides the 1-2 % we will have to give something up to gain anything else, and I'd be shocked if it were otherwise. What you can't get back is the compound multipliers from your lost 401k for another year. Because one thing is for certain, everyone of us is getting older and making up that difference in the best Bull market we've seen in ages will be difficult. Good Luck!

Not telling you guys how to vote, that's up to each individual but some of your concerns will be rectified if you do vote no. For starters, your August date moved to April, that will be fixed, because the new date will be August of 2019, if we're lucky. The 3% snapup difference will be fixed because the retro from April 1st will be gone as well. We may at very best get an additional 1-2 percent by voting this down. But I cannot see this happening earlier than a year, and that's if there is no language changes. We have other groups now coming up for negotiations that will take precedence once again. Besides the 1-2 % we will have to give something up to gain anything else, and I'd be shocked if it were otherwise. What you can't get back is the compound multipliers from your lost 401k for another year. Because one thing is for certain, everyone of us is getting older and making up that difference in the best Bull market we've seen in ages will be difficult. Good Luck!

As I review all 14 of your posts, one theme seems to stand out. Fear and pessimism.

Pessimism - a tendency to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen; a lack of hope or confidence in the future.

Dgaf you are wasting your time arguing with these AMFA cool aid F sticks. They will berate you, until to give up and go away. You see they are experts some have been here awhile like I have. Some of them 5 years-or less, yes See I too know who you are. They will be the same ones that will cuss the company if this fails and drags out. They will also be the same ones that complain about,the sell outs if it passes. You see you can't **** on us Morris Air guys , and ex Airtran, or x Northwest that have been through the AMFA bullshit forever. Sometimes Karma comes back to bite your arrogant asses. Go Figure!!! :) Good luck arguing with them. You're going to need it!!

The company puppets already said that the language is ok as is. They are reporting that the biggest hang ups are the snap-up, missing raise in 2018, and fix the 3% to be for each outgoing year. So it would be a very quick fix, unless the company would want to purposely extend it as long as possible into 2019. But, that's ok, I am perfectly fine with Aug 2019, as long as we are made whole...

The company puppets already said that the language is ok as is. They are reporting that the biggest hang ups are the snap-up, missing raise in 2018, and fix the 3% to be for each outgoing year. So it would be a very quick fix, unless the company would want to purposely extend it as long as possible into 2019. But, that's ok, I am perfectly fine with Aug 2019, as long as we are made whole...
Company puppets get real, this is what your AMFA stewards are saying on the floor, are they company puppets?

Dgaf you are wasting your time arguing with these AMFA cool aid F sticks. They will berate you, until to give up and go away. You see they are experts some have been here awhile like I have. Some of them 5 years-or less, yes See I too know who you are. They will be the same ones that will cuss the company if this fails and drags out. They will also be the same ones that complain about,the sell outs if it passes. You see you can't **** on us Morris Air guys , and ex Airtran, or x Northwest that have been through the AMFA bullshit forever. Sometimes Karma comes back to bite your arrogant asses. Go Figure!!! :) Good luck arguing with them. You're going to need it!!

You got Kool Aid and fish sticks?
We only got tacos at the last Anti Morris air, ex-Northwest airline , ex-AirTran meeting.
There are only two groups of SWA mechanics now. Yes and No.

I can see you fear that you belong to the minority.

You got Kool Aid and fish sticks?
We only got tacos at the last Anti Morris air, ex-Northwest airline , ex-AirTran meeting.
There are only two groups of SWA mechanics now. Yes and No.

I can see you fear that you belong to the minority.
No I don't ,the problem with this board if you question the union, you are in the wrong. So people don't say anything. Either way this vote will be close.

Last edited:
Hang it there, just vote and don't waste your breath with these nut jobs.