WN Mechanics seek mediation

No we will just sit till there is movement , this board is totally pointless.
I’ve found this board, and others before it, to be very useful for over 15 years in gathering industry information and debating important issues affecting our profession. All participation is voluntary but unfortunately there have been some over the years who add no substance but instead make personal attacks and infintile arguments to dissuade those of us who have genuine interest.
In regard to Mr. McCrady’s lawsuit comment, “Now that the TA has been rejected, we cannot agree to continue our stay”, many find the timing of this descision vindictive and contrary to the company’s stated values. Does anyone believe Herb would have tolerated this kind of disrespect from a member of senior management?
SWALife: Values
To our Employees:
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.

I’ve found this board, and others before it, to be very useful for over 15 years in gathering industry information and debating important issues affecting our profession. All participation is voluntary but unfortunately there have been some over the years who add no substance but instead make personal attacks and infintile arguments to dissuade those of us who have genuine interest.
In regard to Mr. McCrady’s lawsuit comment, “Now that the TA has been rejected, we cannot agree to continue our stay”, many find the timing of this descision vindictive and contrary to the company’s stated values. Does anyone believe Herb would have tolerated this kind of disrespect from a member of senior management?
SWALife: Values
To our Employees:
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Couldn't agree more.
We would not know where other airlines are in their nego's if it was not for this board. Sharing info with our industry helps all of us out in the long run. Even now that UPS is going back to the table, even helps all of us still in new contract coming modes.
On the issue about the suits, we kinda knew this was coming did we not? And yes, it is a vindictive move by the company.
As far as the rumors on the co. replacing their NC, I only know of one that was reassigned to another department and off the NC. Haven't heard of any others, only rumors at this point. McCrady's newer email out seems to suggest a different attitude towards getting something done. A direct 180 from his statements before about how he does not see us coming to an agreement for a long time. He seems to also indicate that the current co NC has taken too long, so maybe we will hear soon of all who will get replaced as he indicated he will introduce them soon. OR will it be just yet another tactic in order to extend nego's even more than just getting back to the table and iron out the "remaining" (just as he said) issues. Not sure if he will pull the trigger on the entire co. NC but we will see I guess.
I would still think they would want this resolved before going in with Pilots and others next year...
Two statements by McCrady that stood out to me follows below, quotes added by me;

"When your surveys are complete and mediation resumes, our Team will be prepared to work through the remaining issues."
And
"Our new group is committed to finding solutions that will bring these negotiations to an expeditious close."

A 180 from his last email...

Last edited:
Will the changes to the company team be an attempt at bad cop-good cop or bad cop-worse cop? Time will tell.

This board seems totally pointless to someone who joins with an agenda but can only get agreement from a ramper at another airline.

No worries, we all get his point.

This board seems totally pointless to someone who joins with an agenda but can only get agreement from a ramper at another airline.

No worries, we all get his point.
There is no agenda you try to have an intelligent conversation and when you don't tow the line , of the four posters on here. You get attacked. When I said the board is pointless , it's the personal crap . Where this is no discussion. I personally want a contract, move on, and be able to get out of here someday.

I quit posting. Lots legal labor lawyers on here that got their credentials out of a Cracker Jack box that never done any representation. They just want to attack for the truth. Luv it. The lawsuits are back on. Was told they had no bearing on a CBA. I throw the BS flag. Go Figure. Amfa will be shakin in their boots if they progress. Be their demise. I am sure Seham and his band of misfits have a plan as legal counsel. But then again- what do I know. Attack on- I am out of here. Humerous watchin the circus clowns react!!!!

I quit posting. Lots legal labor lawyers on here that got their credentials out of a Cracker Jack box that never done any representation. They just want to attack for the truth. Luv it. The lawsuits are back on. Was told they had no bearing on a CBA. I throw the BS flag. Go Figure. Amfa will be shakin in their boots if they progress. Be their demise. I am sure Seham and his band of misfits have a plan as legal counsel. But then again- what do I know. Attack on- I am out of here. Humerous watchin the circus clowns react!!!!

200.gif

Will miss you, about tired of these ass hats.

"I quit posting?" Really? Doesn't look like it.
Guess what idiot? Our suits are also back on, have you thought about that??
Nobody is shaking in their boots, not AMFA and not SWA, get a clue before you post such BS.

Speaking of idiots. They (idiots) have stated that the mediator will not be able to meet until after the new year of 2019. And I must ask these little puppet boys, "where do you get your info.?" As I have stated, dates are now set and here is the update of the dates being discussed and set by both sides and the mediator. NOT next year, but just next month. After our (AMFA) nego's meet this month to organize and prioritize the survey results. Get a clue guys and get informed correctly. Here's the update on the dates set...

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #69
October 11, 2018 -- The AMFA–SWA AMT Rejected Tentative Agreement (TA) Survey concluded at 11:59 pm et on October 9, 2018. The AMFA–SWA Negotiating Committee had called for this survey of the membership following the recent rejection and overwhelming disappointment of the AMFA-SWA AMT TA. We would like to thank all of you who participated in the survey. Your feedback will help guide your Negotiating Committee to pursue an agreement worthy of the membership's approval. Next week your Negotiating Committee will be meeting to review and analyze the survey data and membership comments, which will be used to prepare a proposal to present at our next negotiation session.

Click on the link to read more...

As I posted did not expect a different response. It's easy to attack. Sad. Truely sad. Social media - u can say anything u want and taken as the truth on social media. It's easy to sit behind a computer screen. I could care less about the posters like swamt but feel for the good guys that work for SWA. Good luck in your quest. I will close out on this- the lawsuits will come and if SWA wants will devastate their lil Union. Won't admit but it's all right. Go Figure.

As I posted did not expect a different response. It's easy to attack. Sad. Truely sad. Social media - u can say anything u want and taken as the truth on social media. It's easy to sit behind a computer screen. I could care less about the posters like swamt but feel for the good guys that work for SWA. Good luck in your quest. I will close out on this- the lawsuits will come and if SWA wants will devastate their lil Union. Won't admit but it's all right. Go Figure.
It comes to this, maybe both sides are serious. The fact that the company replaced their negotiating committee, I also think we need some fresh blood on ours, some, not all. I think now the ETOPS, or lack of it, is enough to get a deal done. Good luck to everyone.

Speaking of idiots. They (idiots) have stated that the mediator will not be able to meet until after the new year of 2019. And I must ask these little puppet boys, "where do you get your info.?" As I have stated, dates are now set and here is the update of the dates being discussed and set by both sides and the mediator. NOT next year, but just next month. After our (AMFA) nego's meet this month to organize and prioritize the survey results. Get a clue guys and get informed correctly. Here's the update on the dates set...

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #69
October 11, 2018 -- The AMFA–SWA AMT Rejected Tentative Agreement (TA) Survey concluded at 11:59 pm et on October 9, 2018. The AMFA–SWA Negotiating Committee had called for this survey of the membership following the recent rejection and overwhelming disappointment of the AMFA-SWA AMT TA. We would like to thank all of you who participated in the survey. Your feedback will help guide your Negotiating Committee to pursue an agreement worthy of the membership's approval. Next week your Negotiating Committee will be meeting to review and analyze the survey data and membership comments, which will be used to prepare a proposal to present at our next negotiation session.

Good update.

Click on the link to read more...