WN Mechanics seek mediation

I hate to tell you 2 days the week before Thanksgiving, with a new negotiating team on the company side will hardly produce an agreement. We have no days scheduled for December, so far. So we will probably have an agreement in January or February or maybe sooner, depending how quickly they want the ETOPS, if the Feds continue to drag it out.

This is funny.....now etops means something! Here is one of your genius previous posts:Our Local Fed just said it doesn't matter, and Cramer at the road show says us having a contract or not will not stop ETOPS because we asked him, he stated the same thing at our last local 4 meeting. So if people think it gives us leverage by spreading rumors it does not.
Good job Rex!

Hey Max,
Not sure where this is coming from but yes, we cannot nor will we stop or prevent ETOPS. Our union as well as the AMFA NC has also stated the same. Our contract is not holding up ETOPS and there is "0" leverage on our side dealing with ETOPS.
The only thing I was addressing were the folks that were screaming the mediator will not even be able to meet this year once, and now they have been proven wrong once again. Meeting a few days this year is better than waiting until sometime in the first quarter of next year. At least a start before the end of the year. The main thing that I was referring to is the scare tactics from all the company supporters on here when they were saying the mediator cannot and will not meet this year at all. They don't know that as the mediator has never been asked until this past week so they were just spreading doom and gloom and scare tactics. These were all quotes from before the final no votes were tallied and even more so afterwards.
NM. I see you were addressing the resident Rex. Well he's one of them I am referring about but there were also many others on the floor spreading the same BS and misleading information to scare and distract.
Now even with this "new team" coming from the company's side, I still feel like we will get something new to look at before our 7th year.

Hey Max,
Not sure where this is coming from but yes, we cannot nor will we stop or prevent ETOPS. Our union as well as the AMFA NC has also stated the same. Our contract is not holding up ETOPS and there is "0" leverage on our side dealing with ETOPS.
The only thing I was addressing were the folks that were screaming the mediator will not even be able to meet this year once, and now they have been proven wrong once again. Meeting a few days this year is better than waiting until sometime in the first quarter of next year. At least a start before the end of the year. The main thing that I was referring to is the scare tactics from all the company supporters on here when they were saying the mediator cannot and will not meet this year at all. They don't know that as the mediator has never been asked until this past week so they were just spreading doom and gloom and scare tactics. These were all quotes from before the final no votes were tallied and even more so afterwards.
NM. I see you were addressing the resident Rex. Well he's one of them I am referring about but there were also many others on the floor spreading the same BS and misleading information to scare and distract.
Now even with this "new team" coming from the company's side, I still feel like we will get something new to look at before our 7th year.
Not speaking to you just quoting one of his old posts.

Hey Max,
Apparently the company wants a deal, I had some friends in Max class and said the ETOPS training should already started and Feds are dragging their feet, a contract isn't a necessity, but would help. So take it with a grain of salt.

Hey Max,
You people never change , no wonder most people quit coming here and went to Facebook and jetnet , some one reports maybe some positive news, little childish red xs. This board officially sucks!

Not speaking to you just quoting one of his old posts.
Ok. My bad. Sort of look like you were addressing what I posted. But makes sense now. With the ignore option sometimes it's a little harder to follow. Sorry bout that...

Bottom line is we are headed back to the table this year and this is better than starting next year sometime in the 1st Q. I don't think it will take all that long as there really was only the economics being the main items. Not like the Pilots and F/A's who had several other items and issues remaining open because they both sent out their offers too soon, therefore it took them much longer (another year) to get through all their remaining items, are are much more less than what they had left open AND, as McCrady has stated he looks forward to getting back to the table to resolve the "remaining issues" after AMFA gets the surveys back.
Aside from all that, AMFA also has said they are not interested in opening anything they have previously agreed to and they too will focus on the survey results and remaining items only.
One positive thing here is at least we don't have the teamsters like over at UPS. If we did we would have had a contract 3 years ago and look at what it would have looked like 3 years ago in our updates.
On a positive note; I do look forward to the new company nego team coming in, and as McCrady stated, maybe, just maybe we will get something done in an expeditious manner. Good luck to all of us on a bright new year...

Bottom line is we are headed back to the table this year and this is better than starting next year sometime in the 1st Q. I don't think it will take all that long as there really was only the economics being the main items. Not like the Pilots and F/A's who had several other items and issues remaining open because they both sent out their offers too soon, therefore it took them much longer (another year) to get through all their remaining items, are are much more less than what they had left open AND, as McCrady has stated he looks forward to getting back to the table to resolve the "remaining issues" after AMFA gets the surveys back.
Aside from all that, AMFA also has said they are not interested in opening anything they have previously agreed to and they too will focus on the survey results and remaining items only.
One positive thing here is at least we don't have the teamsters like over at UPS. If we did we would have had a contract 3 years ago and look at what it would have looked like 3 years ago in our updates.
On a positive note; I do look forward to the new company nego team coming in, and as McCrady stated, maybe, just maybe we will get something done in an expeditious manner. Good luck to all of us on a bright new year...

BF27A076-3DB3-40CA-AA73-D30FE5D1338D.jpeg

Has anyone heard anything from the meetings today? I think the NC was meeting on the survey results and going over next move for nego's in Nov.
I'm not even sure if they will release anything from that meeting, but just asking.
It sure does sound like Mr. McCrady is lowering his tune a bit, does it not? His last email about nego's was a bit more lower keyed than from his first one. Anyone else notice that??
BTW: Where is the introduction of the new SWA nego. team to get this done?

Has anyone heard anything from the meetings today? I think the NC was meeting on the survey results and going over next move for nego's in Nov.
I'm not even sure if they will release anything from that meeting, but just asking.
It sure does sound like Mr. McCrady is lowering his tune a bit, does it not? His last email about nego's was a bit more lower keyed than from his first one. Anyone else notice that??
BTW: Where is the introduction of the new SWA nego. team to get this done?
Wrong again new email out from the company and to go over the survey, and get dates set up in 2019. So 2018 is officially over. Go Figure!

A few of you guys that were holding your breath on getting a deal anytime soon, need to read over the earning call transcripts today, and not focus on the rah rah about 3rd qtr profit rising 16%. Full year CASM going up, over 3% next year, and that's not including fuel related costs, which they are hedged 2.30-2.35 roughly, which is also higher than our current 2.25. It's not a mystery the sp tanked 9% today. The airline has just come out and said we have to cut costs. Yea, great time to be in Negotiations.

No one has said we will get a deal any time soon. I have said next year some time. I have also said it "could" be done rather quickly if the company really wants to get it done, but they have not wanted to get it done for over 6 years so I still don't see anything getting done any time soon.
Of course cost are increasing. They do every new year. New Pilots contract, new F/A's contracts, all new contracts except for 2 groups, and when they get new contracts the cost will rise again. But SWA is prepared for all of that. Fuel cost SWA is also prepared for. When you become an airline of this size, cost will rise year over year. The company will use these cost increases to scream at the top of their lungs that they need to "cut cost" as they are soon entering into contract talks with the Pilots and F/A's soon as well as still needing to get new contracts for the mechanics and stores employees.
The company will use the cost as an excuse to try and cheap out on all the contracts, they do this each and every time contracts are coming up for nego's.
It's all tactics dgaf, and some will fall for it, but I assure you that 75% of the membership will not. Make us whole with reasonable yearly raises that's all. Not being greedy, not being unreasonable.
Don't expect much out of the upcoming dates Nov. 19-20 meetings. Like I said before, they will more than likely meet, introduce, go over all info and bring everyone up to date and set more dates. It will be more like a meet and greet and get informed than be nego's., so don't expect much progress at all. I said this when the dates were announced. The real nego's will take place next year after all the holidays just like I said before.

On another note:
SWA recently noted that we will be about 3% down on CASM in 19. Well I say big deal. We were 3% down on CASM this past 2nd quarter. And more than made up for that in the 3rd Q.
Now we have new articles coming that SWA will be selling Hawaii tickets in 2018 for 2019 flights. Pretty sure the Hawaii flights sold in 2018 as well as in 2019 will more than make up for the 3% reduction they are predicting.

Southwest Airlines says it still aims to sell Hawaii tickets ...

More propaganda prior to entering the nego's with Mechanics, stores, Pilots and F/A's all around the exact same time period.
Not to mention from above, the added increasing flights in Hou, as well as other growing cities and international growth as well.
So as we move into more talks expect the usual postings from the company about cutting cost, getting more efficient, getting more and more out of our wonderful employees, etc... I can assure there are many areas where cost can be cut, including but not limited to IT cost of new systems that they want to try once again like the two other huge failures costing 100's of millions, they could cut back on some building expansions, parking garages, share buy-backs, company functions, parties, food purchases for all the office people is way out of control. Almost 100 grand pays one food vendor for sandwich lunches for one year. That's only one of them.
If they were really serious about cutting cost they would cut the cost that get wasted each and every single day on feel good parties, alcohol, food, entertainment (inside and outside venues) etc.
Until all the wasteful spending is stopped, then we might look at cutting cost in certain work groups. We are already THE most productive Mechanics in this industry and with our such low rate of Mechanics to Aircraft ratio it would be extremely hard to get more efficient. The simple cost of maint. is just a big budget requirement of being an airline.
Bottom line, expect more typical cost savings propaganda to continue when we get closer with Pilots and F/A's too.
Fantastic Record 3rd Q. Congrats to all employees for a great earnings report...