WN Mechanics seek mediation

And we will see if we will be doing well after these talks this week. It's time for the mechanics to get paid too...

Just got an update with the UPS contract vote. Apparently the holiday mail was all delayed and screwed it all up so they extended the deadline to Feb 8th for tally count. I was hoping they would release this week to maybe help us out a little more if they were to vote in the mid to upper 60's for a top out. I have always said SWA would be smart if they were make us a good offer prior to UPS getting their new contract with new top out.
I could care less if the co. keeps saying we never compare with UPS, we all know they set the industry for aircraft mechanics pay after NWA started it back in the early 2000's. I wish them luck. Some are saying this one will pass at UPS this time.

7A494556-7483-4C0C-9BDC-077AFE3F2AA3.jpeg

Going for eight years or is ten the goal?
Time for a card drive.
No thank you, we don’t want to negotiate on our knees with a catch all industrial union/association like AA has. If we don’t like our negotiators we’ll vote them out.

No thank you, we don’t want to negotiate on our knees with a catch all industrial union/association like AA has. If we don’t like our negotiators we’ll vote them out.
After SEVEN years with no end in sight you have no knees.

You are bent over.

Why didn’t AMFA release the vote total? Why didn’t you all ask to be released? Why didn’t you all vore to strike?
Great track record. NW failure, ACA failure, AS failure.

Seven years. Time for a card drive.

Well, it appears the company’s new negotiating team has a sense of humor. Let’s hope they drop this charade and get serious in February.

http://amfanational.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=726426
Sense of humor? Ok, I guess we will call it that.
I guess the company doesn't want to keep it to only economics after all. I can fathom some of it but the 16 hours is impossible to do with some of our 10 hour shifts. Even a day trade with an 8 hour shift will put someone over the 16 hours let alone 2-10 hour shifts.
I won't even address the international outsourcing, automatic No from me with international outsourcing.
2 weeks back to the table. I don't foresee April 1st at this rate. The beat goes on...

After SEVEN years with no end in sight you have no knees.

You are bent over.

Why didn’t AMFA release the vote total? Why didn’t you all ask to be released? Why didn’t you all vore to strike?
Great track record. NW failure, ACA failure, AS failure.

Seven years. Time for a card drive.
The problem is when AMFA says scope, and last year the company let us keep scope for less money. Then it suddenly became economics to shoot it down. The more money you ask for the company will want something.Every negotiations are that way regardless what Airline it is. AMFA will be their own worst enemy as long as there is no compromise. Our own Government is a perfect example of it. The longer this drags out, the less recruiting power AMFA has in the industry to get other mechanics group. They just point at AMFA track record and laugh at us. But SWA saves money, and the Seham law firm makes money.

I believe negotiations envolves compromise but the company went for the jugular first, which to me is a joke, to show us just how good we should have realized we had it with the previous TA. The whole time Mr. McCrady was sympathizing with us that our evil NC would not let us vote he was being disingenuous. We said NO, he could have added a little economic incentive and gotten a sellable TA. He has added another distraction for SW mechanics that will translate into lower morale and anger focused on upper management.

I believe negotiations envolves compromise but the company went for the jugular first, which to me is a joke, to show us just how good we should have realized we had it with the previous TA. The whole time Mr. McCrady was sympathizing with us that our evil NC would not let us vote he was being disingenuous. We said NO, he could have added a little economic incentive and gotten a sellable TA. He has added another distraction for SW mechanics that will translate into lower morale and anger focused on upper management.

So it REALLY doesn’t bother you at all in the slightest that your so called king of the hill in transparency Union never released the vote tally publicly to show the Company how overwhelmingly you all told them that they can shove it?

I call absolute total BS. And it’s also why the Company isn’t buying it either.

And there are only 2300 of you so the Company don’t give a chit about your anger or morale either. In their minds they offered you a good deal and you said no. They told you if you voted no that they would make you sweat even longer.

You people seem to be your own worst enemies.