WN Mechanics seek mediation

I could not agree more with you on this. The paid rest for intended purposes of working extra overtime in conjunction with your shift or a downline is helping you and the company. The paid rest that guys are using as a day trading tool so I only have to work half my week and get overtime out of it, is pure BS. Whether people want to acknowledge the fact or not it's not all about just making you rich, it's also about keeping the company making profits while making you extra money. I personally am done with airlines after this gig is up, and I hope to god that we don't (all employees not just mx) don't F this one so bad that we can't all finish our careers here. Personally speaking, I'm thankful I don't have another 30 years to grind out with the working class.
Well I see the company put out an email really quick blaming AMFA, and saying the more money we want, more scope they want to pay for it. So much for a quick solution, can't say I am surprised. Looks like they will make us sweat in out. But showed a Top out of Mechanics at $58 or $59 by the end of 23. Anyone hear anything on UPS?

I too am not surprised at the company's unwillingness to move forward. It would have taken very little to appease the masses but all we get is another video with not one, but two company minions taking the farcical "unsustainable" posture complete with an infantile head shake. It's funny how $10 an hour over industry standard was "sustainable" in a weaker profit era with "paid rest" at the pay rate you were on before resting. Some claimed to have been on triple time before going paid rest. I'll agree some abuse the paid rest benefit through daily planning tactics, mostly through mandatory backfill. As a commuter and regimented shift trader I take advantage of the paid rest contractural benefit to the tune of over $6,000 a year. Every union member has an opportunity to exercise their contractual right to earn paid rest and only a blathering idiot would suddenly ask me to "pay for that benefit" with a concession. I came from giving massive concessions in supposed hard times at AA to the most continuously profitable airline in history. Those of you willing to give in to the company's whimsical demands weaken our position at the table.

I too am not surprised at the company's unwillingness to move forward. It would have taken very little to appease the masses but all we get is another video with not one, but two company minions taking the farcical "unsustainable" posture complete with an infantile head shake. It's funny how $10 an hour over industry standard was "sustainable" in a weaker profit era with "paid rest" at the pay rate you were on before resting. Some claimed to have been on triple time before going paid rest. I'll agree some abuse the paid rest benefit through daily planning tactics, mostly through mandatory backfill. As a commuter and regimented shift trader I take advantage of the paid rest contractural benefit to the tune of over $6,000 a year. Every union member has an opportunity to exercise their contractual right to earn paid rest and only a blathering idiot would suddenly ask me to "pay for that benefit" with a concession. I came from giving massive concessions in supposed hard times at AA to the most continuously profitable airline in history. Those of you willing to give in to the company's whimsical demands weaken our position at the table.
I personally feel the new company negotiating team, is throwing to see what sticks to the wall. That was the quickest video I have ever seen.

I could not agree more with you on this. The paid rest for intended purposes of working extra overtime in conjunction with your shift or a downline is helping you and the company. The paid rest that guys are using as a day trading tool so I only have to work half my week and get overtime out of it, is pure BS. Whether people want to acknowledge the fact or not it's not all about just making you rich, it's also about keeping the company making profits while making you extra money. I personally am done with airlines after this gig is up, and I hope to god that we don't (all employees not just mx) don't F this one so bad that we can't all finish our careers here. Personally speaking, I'm thankful I don't have another 30 years to grind out with the working class.
I see Crowsfoot deleted his post of negotiations not going to well. I can't believe the company is doing just what I expected them to do! :)

By asking for 16 hr work rule and eliminating paid rest, the company is basically asking us to give them back some money before they give us more money. So that raise isn't nearly as big as it sounds. Looks like smoke and mirrors to me.

Reactions: B737 driver
As the weeks and months continue to roll on, that initial (never vote yes on the first offer) offer is looking better, every day. We didn't have a outsourcing or 16 hour bullshit rule to contend with, and here we sit. I hear yesterday's meeting was a joke with some presentation made on outsourcing, and no real negotiating going on. I don't expect much more to of a occurred today while we tick off Feb and See ya suckers in March for another grandstand performance. F/A's and Pilots will probably get another deal before we do.
What seems to be the strategy? Obviously, the mechanics simply are ok with what they have. Legally, nothing is going to change since the new mediation board precedent is not to release parties to a PEB but to put things on ice until a deal is accepted. Not sure how long you guys have been without a new contract but by further delay, it won't put any additional pressure on the company. If the mechanics voted no, then rearranging what was offered may be what is at play. But AMFA is a democratic union, your mechanics have turned down offers and that is their right.

What seems to be the strategy? Obviously, the mechanics simply are ok with what they have. Legally, nothing is going to change since the new mediation board precedent is not to release parties to a PEB but to put things on ice until a deal is accepted. Not sure how long you guys have been without a new contract but by further delay, it won't put any additional pressure on the company. If the mechanics voted no, then rearranging what was offered may be what is at play. But AMFA is a democratic union, your mechanics have turned down offers and that is their right.
It has been since August 2012, our contract became amenable. People turned the first offer on the principle there was more on the table. However they didn't expect the company to now want scope changes for more money , which was foolish on their part.So I guess the next move is to file a lawsuit, when SWA gets ETOPS, claiming all line checks are our work per Article 2. But since we have never had ETOPS that is subject to interpretation of that language. So until we find a happy medium we can all live with, language and money we will move beyond 7 years in August. But AMFA is good and industrial Communist Unions are bad! :)

By asking for 16 hr work rule and eliminating paid rest, the company is basically asking us to give them back some money before they give us more money. So that raise isn't nearly as big as it sounds. Looks like smoke and mirrors to me.
Sorry Foot is disappeared, then came back. On the paid rest if they complain about trading into it, fine have the 24 hours notice. But you must have paid rest for downlines, and regular overtime. We don't have enough people to cover the work load without overtime.

Sorry Foot is disappeared, then came back. On the paid rest if they complain about trading into it, fine have the 24 hours notice. But you must have paid rest for downlines, and regular overtime. We don't have enough people to cover the work load without overtime.
Plus SWA has created this overtime, by keeping our numbers small, so that's not our problem.

I agree with the paid rest on downlines, and emergency situations, but not just because you play the system and trade into it. But you have to see what the gain is, are the still talking or are they done?
Not sure on your question. We have heard some interesting rumors about some action that was taken at the table, will be interesting if they are true.

As the weeks and months continue to roll on, that initial (never vote yes on the first offer) offer is looking better, every day. We didn't have a outsourcing or 16 hour bullshit rule to contend with, and here we sit. I hear yesterday's meeting was a joke with some presentation made on outsourcing, and no real negotiating going on. I don't expect much more to of a occurred today while we tick off Feb and See ya suckers in March for another grandstand performance. F/A's and Pilots will probably get another deal before we do.
Not arguing here at all. I just don't agree with the phrase, do not ever vote yes on the first offer. That completely backfired at some of the other airlines in the past. There has to be more to it, for me, in order to vote it down, not just because it's the first offer, 2nd offer, third or last and final. What is in the body of the offer is what I look at.

Well I see the company put out an email really quick blaming AMFA, and saying the more money we want, more scope they want to pay for it. So much for a quick solution, can't say I am surprised. Looks like they will make us sweat in out. But showed a Top out of Mechanics at $58 or $59 by the end of 23. Anyone hear anything on UPS?
UPS voted in their offer. 94% participated, with 63% voted in favor. Have no number details as of yet but they will be above 65 top out at end.

No Tim. They did not just rearrange the numbers. Read the updates at www.amfanational.org, they are all there.
My bad www.amfanational.org

It has been since August 2012, our contract became amenable. People turned the first offer on the principle there was more on the table. However they didn't expect the company to now want scope changes for more money , which was foolish on their part.So I guess the next move is to file a lawsuit, when SWA gets ETOPS, claiming all line checks are our work per Article 2. But since we have never had ETOPS that is subject to interpretation of that language. So until we find a happy medium we can all live with, language and money we will move beyond 7 years in August. But AMFA is good and industrial Communist Unions are bad! :)
Starting to get it I see...

Forgot to add the link in my response to your question above.
UPS voted in their contract offer.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...ith.html/RK=2/RS=KcBsItuP18eK1XSb2NC4sF19r68-