WN Mechanics seek mediation

It looks to me like the company is still trying to achieve that elusive cost-neutral contract.
Yupper.
Hopefully we will get it done sometime this year.
That wasn't a huge ask by the union to make the mechanics whole again, then they added the international outsourcing which will save hundreds of millions, along with 16 hr rule and paid rest, which will also save several millions. But like previous post have indicated, the 16 hr rule won't fly, the PR may or may not I just don't know for sure on that on, the I.O. is a hell no for me. But for most if the co. came with a big payoff I am sure it might get passed like it did last time. Sad but possibly true...

Swamp Rat just AGAIN paid me an unsolicited attack on the AA threads.
You whine like a little baby. This is what happens when you jump the gun without waiting for the date to confirm. And then every single thing I said was true, wow, imagine that. Why don't YOU stop trying to make others look bad, wait for the info to come out and see if it's accurate then you can do whatever pleases your corrupt little brain desires...

Reactions: Kev3188
BTW; you guys hearing anything at all on the talks? I'm starting to wonder if they aren't still talking. SWA has always refused to meet without the mediators so I doubt it big time.
Nope Swampy we got mad and left. I think SWA management is testing our new negotiating team to see if they can get in their heads. I expected this since in my past life I have seen it in system boards arguing grievances.

Nope Swampy we got mad and left. I think SWA management is testing our new negotiating team to see if they can get in their heads. I expected this since in my past life I have seen it in system boards arguing grievances.
We will get more info at our local meetings next week.
Did you read letter from our ND to CEO? We written. I'll post it with the update #73...

National Director's Letter to SWA CEO Regarding Safety
February 8, 2019 -- The degradation of Southwest’s aircraft maintenance safety culture has been recognized by the FAA, reputable media sources, and Landon Nitschke himself. Your personal involvement in restoring Southwest’s safety culture is long past due. The CBS News investigative report, Accident Waiting to Happen, exposed to millions of Americans Southwest management’s resort to coercive practices to deter Aviation Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) from reporting aircraft damage.
Read More
AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #73
February 8, 2019 -- As you will recall, your Committee provided the last proposal in these negotiations two weeks ago in response to the Company’s counterproposal. The Company outright refused to provide a counterproposal this week with the only explanation being: “We did not view that as a proposal.” The Company continues to insist on massive offsets of foreign outsourcing and elimination of your paid rest. The Company asks for these “offsets” while not increasing the money in any significant fashion from the Tentative Agreement (TA) that you, the membership, rejected by a wide margin.
Read More

You whine like a little baby. This is what happens when you jump the gun without waiting for the date to confirm. And then every single thing I said was true, wow, imagine that. Why don't YOU stop trying to make others look bad, wait for the info to come out and see if it's accurate then you can do whatever pleases your corrupt little brain desires...

Trying this again????????

“I tried to swallow” ? Wow you’re a real POS.

I “asked” “where” and “why” we weren’t finding any official news items about this deal.

I now challenge ANY AMT here to go and try to Google and find any information that there was a new deal offered to the “1700” UPS AMT’s?

You’re going to find the Louisville news article and NOTHING more.

Teamsters Local 2727 Webpage is closed and mentions nothing about it. Their Local Facebook pages are also closed so no information.

I looked at some of the Master sites for the Teamsters Negotiations and they too mention NOTHING?

Again I challenge ANYONE to search all over the net and try to find ANYTHING ANYWHERE before this Louisville article that mentions the UPS IBT AMT talks past last October?

“”””””I bet even the SWA POS can’t find me NOTHING past that “ONE” poster on the UPS thread?””””””””

Swamp Rat find me something “”””official””” that said before today’s announcement that UPS IBT AMT’s had a new agreement they would be voting on?

C’mon swamp rat find me that information?

Swamp Rat find me something “”””official””” that said before today’s announcement that UPS IBT AMT’s had a new agreement they would be voting on?

Man, you are pathetic. i have told you twice, and now 3 times. It is out there. I gave you all 3 places I retained my info from. 2727 website front page and members page as well as verbal info over the phone with UPS mechanics and also by text info from other UPS mechanics. And now I just realized that's 4 areas not 3.
I will not do it for you, period. And BTW, why was my info so accurate, dead on if you will, if it wasn't out there for me to retrieve? You are really having a hard time with this. I can't give all my secrets away especially on a public forum. But, kind of makes you wonder why I get more accurate info about your nego's as well as UPS's, than you do yourself, huh weez? It's driving you nuts. You just can't contain yourself over it all. It also was killing 700 and overspeed a many years ago.
Last time I told the rank and file that the UPS'ers were gonna get an offer that would put them at over 51 bucks at top out for their last contract. They ended up at 51.30 I do believe was the final number and no one believed me (not even one of the nego's) but they did.
Let it go weez. Garth sings an old tune about friends in low places, mine are in pretty high places. We'll just leave it at that...

Trying this again????????

“”””””I bet even the SWA POS can’t find me NOTHING past that “ONE” poster on the UPS thread?””””””””
I already did and even told you. But, I can't give up all my secrets of how I get the majority of my pertinent information. just not gonna happen.
No one will answer your request weez. They already have the info too...

We will get more info at our local meetings next week.
Did you read letter from our ND to CEO? We written. I'll post it with the update #73...

National Director's Letter to SWA CEO Regarding Safety
February 8, 2019 -- The degradation of Southwest’s aircraft maintenance safety culture has been recognized by the FAA, reputable media sources, and Landon Nitschke himself. Your personal involvement in restoring Southwest’s safety culture is long past due. The CBS News investigative report, Accident Waiting to Happen, exposed to millions of Americans Southwest management’s resort to coercive practices to deter Aviation Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) from reporting aircraft damage.
Read More
AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #73
February 8, 2019 -- As you will recall, your Committee provided the last proposal in these negotiations two weeks ago in response to the Company’s counterproposal. The Company outright refused to provide a counterproposal this week with the only explanation being: “We did not view that as a proposal.” The Company continues to insist on massive offsets of foreign outsourcing and elimination of your paid rest. The Company asks for these “offsets” while not increasing the money in any significant fashion from the Tentative Agreement (TA) that you, the membership, rejected by a wide margin.
Read More
Yes I did my suggestion is this if they insist on the international outsourcing we maintain the same language as before when it was allowed. On the paid rest put in the not trading into it the 24 hour rule notice. But if we keep hitting a wall on the money, get as much as we can, without losing our scope ,and call it a day. And by all means gentlemen follow all our procedures.

Yes I did my suggestion is this if they insist on the international outsourcing we maintain the same language as before when it was allowed. On the paid rest put in the not trading into it the 24 hour rule notice. But if we keep hitting a wall on the money, get as much as we can, without losing our scope ,and call it a day. And by all means gentlemen follow all our procedures.
Bingo! We are on the same page with those 3 items you talk about, as I think most are.
BTW; will you accept a PM from me?

I don't know, the vibes I got from that cheesy video they put out, quickly, doesn't seem to show much urgency to me to get a contract, so I'd be shocked if they are making anytime right now to continue any efforts without the mediator. I will say this, not saying all of our membership, but it downright floors me when I'm still seeing guys crashed out hours before time to go home. That crap worked okay when an A check was a 1 page task card 20 years ago, but honestly now days. REALLY??? Seems pretty clear we must be doing just fine and not have enough work as it is, or at least that's exactly the message I'm sure the company sees from our craft. Yet we piss and moan about how overworked we are and need more money. That's always been an Achilles heel to this craft though, in the 35 plus years I've been at it, at different airlines, nothing changes, so why should the perception that we're anything more than overpaid unskilled labor. Don't mean to disrespect our craft, but any of you been in this biz long enough, and take a look at your station, you know exactly what I am talking about.