WN Mechanics seek mediation

We could only hope. The UPS agreement does help us. SWA wanted us to have a contract before UPS which is why they jump in money so quickly the last time before we voted and they wanted a vote get done so bad as they thought it would really fly with the long, long wait they forced us to do in hopes of jumping on the first offer and get it done before the UPS contract wa done. Now, they will want to get done prior to AA mechanics getting done as the bar will just continue to higher and higher. Like I have said from the get go, the longer SWA takes the more and more it will cost them in the long run. I also strongly believe SWA's little 5 year pay freeze to focus on the investors will hurt them worse than they originally planned as some others are making more than they anticipated and the longer they put it off the more it'll cost them. They really thought we would have been done by now and prior to UPS and AA getting their contracts, now we might be the last ones in the industry to get done (as far as mechanic groups) and, I know it's been long enough already, but as long as we end up on top at the end it might be worth waiting for AA, maybe...

I don't see any evidence of them wanting to get done at all. Of course, I believe what they do, not what they say.

It’s interesting you said that, rumor has it one of our members observed Mrs. Colling wearing the same outfit on Monday that she wore in Fridays video. Quite a conspiracy theory.
So what is so big about this video? Timing?? Or content???
Is is a little interesting about the same outfit, however, from Fri-Mon. it's a new week. LOL.

I don't see any evidence of them wanting to get done at all. Of course, I believe what they do, not what they say.
They never do what they say, even this new group.

Hey Bird and Crow, any truth to the 3 rumors spreading about someone getting removed from the table in these latest rounds at the table?

It’s interesting you said that, rumor has it one of our members observed Mrs. Colling wearing the same outfit on Monday that she wore in Fridays video. Quite a conspiracy theory.
It proves that they had no intention of bargaining in good faith. Just more stall tactics.

We could only hope. The UPS agreement does help us. SWA wanted us to have a contract before UPS which is why they jump in money so quickly the last time before we voted and they wanted a vote get done so bad as they thought it would really fly with the long, long wait they forced us to do in hopes of jumping on the first offer and get it done before the UPS contract wa done. Now, they will want to get done prior to AA mechanics getting done as the bar will just continue to higher and higher. Like I have said from the get go, the longer SWA takes the more and more it will cost them in the long run. I also strongly believe SWA's little 5 year pay freeze to focus on the investors will hurt them worse than they originally planned as some others are making more than they anticipated and the longer they put it off the more it'll cost them. They really thought we would have been done by now and prior to UPS and AA getting their contracts, now we might be the last ones in the industry to get done (as far as mechanic groups) and, I know it's been long enough already, but as long as we end up on top at the end it might be worth waiting for AA, maybe...
As far as UPS their mechanics numbers are less than ours, so what are their earnings compared to SWA price to earning ratio. Same for American what they end up with. You cannot negotiate on what your competition pays, you have to get what is achievable from your union and company.

Watch UPS stock price on Monday, good news price goes up.

The only news that came out about this was on the UPS Main page and that Louisville article.

At around only 1400 Employees compared to a total of over 400,000 Employees overall, its not even going to register a blip on the Wall Street radar.

As far as UPS their mechanics numbers are less than ours, so what are their earnings compared to SWA price to earning ratio. Same for American what they end up with. You cannot negotiate on what your competition pays, you have to get what is achievable from your union and company.

1400. Since you do much less work at SWA than your competitors (Delta, United and AA) you probably should be earning more than them.

I’m wondering if now though for both AA and SWA Negotiations are going to take much longer with this news?

You and I both know there will be a lot of AMT’s in both Airlines who will be looking to at least match that little group they have over there.

BTW if it really does help to create a new bar for you guys, congratulations.

The only news that came out about this was on the UPS Main page and that Louisville article.

At around only 1400 Employees compared to a total of over 400,000 Employees overall, its not even going to register a blip on the Wall Street radar.

1400. Since you do much less work at SWA than your competitors (Delta, United and AA) you probably should be earning more than them.

I’m wondering if now though for both AA and SWA Negotiations are going to take much longer with this news?

You and I both know there will be a lot of AMT’s in both Airlines who will be looking to at least match that little group they have over there.

BTW if it really does help to create a new bar for you guys, congratulations.
In reality if we were Fed Ex , they are non union so Fed Ex would bump our pay. Our real Bar is American and United.

In reality if we were Fed Ex , they are non union so Fed Ex would bump our pay. Our real Bar is American and United.

Yea but you’re going to have a lot of people screaming the line that you’re all Aircraft Mechanics.

Not all Lawyers and Doctors make the same but for some reason the AMT believes he must and they never look towards the guys being paid lower in the industry do they.

But again you guys probably should be paid more than the other top 3 US majors IMO because you have a lot less people than them.

Yea but you’re going to have a lot of people screaming the line that you’re all Aircraft Mechanics.

Not all Lawyers and Doctors make the same but for some reason the AMT believes he must and they never look towards the guys being paid lower in the industry do they.

But again you guys probably should be paid more than the other top 3 US majors IMO because you have a lot less people than them.
Who knows.

Yes they are way less than us. And they do way less maint. than us. They don't do anything more that A & B checks on the lines, they don't even do C checks.
After reading the updates it seems the co. is wanting to find more money for us and are looking at I.O. 16 hr rule and PR to do so. Sorry, but all three of those would entail way more than they have offered.
Hey maybe bring in another line of heavy, or C check or cabin visits that take 3 shifts. I just can't see them agreeing to I.O. without some protections added and maybe another line of maint somewhere in our system like, heck even ATL where they are over staffed. Just suggestions to try and work on since the co. is so stuck on I.O. They should keep the PR for downlines and overtime, and they should raise the request of duty time to 24 hours as it now and address the PR issue with the people abusing them and scamming, but don't punish the guys that really need it.
Saving money from I.O. will more than pay for the bump in pay requested, I would be willing to bet that the PR would be enough their offer was only 1.25% more over the 6.5 years in the snap up.
I would not have a problem if they kept it in the US, going I.O. I have a problem with that.

Yes they are way less than us. And they do way less maint. than us. They don't do anything more that A & B checks on the lines, they don't even do C checks.
After reading the updates it seems the co. is wanting to find more money for us and are looking at I.O. 16 hr rule and PR to do so. Sorry, but all three of those would entail way more than they have offered.
Hey maybe bring in another line of heavy, or C check or cabin visits that take 3 shifts. I just can't see them agreeing to I.O. without some protections added and maybe another line of maint somewhere in our system like, heck even ATL where they are over staffed. Just suggestions to try and work on since the co. is so stuck on I.O. They should keep the PR for downlines and overtime, and they should raise the request of duty time to 24 hours as it now and address the PR issue with the people abusing them and scamming, but don't punish the guys that really need it.
Saving money from I.O. will more than pay for the bump in pay requested, I would be willing to bet that the PR would be enough their offer was only 1.25% more over the 6.5 years in the snap up.
I would not have a problem if they kept it in the US, going I.O. I have a problem with that.
At least it is a start so the news is not all bad, the economist would have to run the numbers, and you need the protection language for any out sourcing . I agree on the paid rest abusers. But to get to the numbers we want the company needs something, and we need something too ,not just sell it for a short term gain.

At least it is a start so the news is not all bad, the economist would have to run the numbers, and you need the protection language for any out sourcing . I agree on the paid rest abusers. But to get to the numbers we want the company needs something, and we need something too ,not just sell it for a short term gain.
Not disagree with you here. But now that this came out it looks as if the co's new nego team is still playing games at the table with their stall tactics and delays. Now, could it all turnaround in March? Sure it can, as long as the co. gets serious and REALLY wants to get er done.
I really thought this new co nego team would act and be be much more professional at the table, I guess I was wrong. Just new bodies with the same ole tactics is all.
I beg to differ your 2Q guess with this out, now may be mid 3Q now, and back to the Aug 16th date. OR, maybe the company sees how much this will cost and want it done in the 2 or 3Q's as they are much more profitable than the 1Q. We will see, but here's the latest update from our National below...

Blog: Delay and Distort: The Truth About What Really Happened During Our Negotiations With Southwest
February 11, 2019 -- As we wrote in our member update Friday, the AMFA negotiating committee was “prepared to receive the Company’s counterproposal this week and advised the Company we wanted to reach a deal,” however “the Company is not currently engaged in good faith negotiation.” Likewise, Southwest Airlines wrote an employee update of its own, and described the talks as “tough and disappointing” in its characterization. We agree — but what followed in Southwest’s update so egregiously mischaracterized the facts of both the last week and really the last six years, we must address them head-on.
Read More

Not disagree with you here. But now that this came out it looks as if the co's new nego team is still playing games at the table with their stall tactics and delays. Now, could it all turnaround in March? Sure it can, as long as the co. gets serious and REALLY wants to get er done.
I really thought this new co nego team would act and be be much more professional at the table, I guess I was wrong. Just new bodies with the same ole tactics is all.
I beg to differ your 2Q guess with this out, now may be mid 3Q now, and back to the Aug 16th date. OR, maybe the company sees how much this will cost and want it done in the 2 or 3Q's as they are much more profitable than the 1Q. We will see, but here's the latest update from our National below...

Blog: Delay and Distort: The Truth About What Really Happened During Our Negotiations With Southwest
February 11, 2019 -- As we wrote in our member update Friday, the AMFA negotiating committee was “prepared to receive the Company’s counterproposal this week and advised the Company we wanted to reach a deal,” however “the Company is not currently engaged in good faith negotiation.” Likewise, Southwest Airlines wrote an employee update of its own, and described the talks as “tough and disappointing” in its characterization. We agree — but what followed in Southwest’s update so egregiously mischaracterized the facts of both the last week and really the last six years, we must address them head-on.
Read More
You are either getting something this year, or not. So at this point carry on.

Finally, the truth comes out.
Yes. The truthful update. "Now you have the rest of the story"
Now that it's been revealed how much is left to nego with, it will be hard to argue anymore that, "there is no more money" that the company kept saying prior to the release of it at the table. I have no doubt that the company will still want I.O. for competing for bids and saving $, but now that their cards have been shown they cannot say, "there is no more money". Will be interesting how nego's go in March...

Latest posts