WN Mechanics seek mediation

As we await the next sessions on March, I would expect the mediator to do their jobs and get the two sides closer together. Since the mediator was present last time, they too are aware of the money left to nego with especially with such a huge ask for International Outsourcing.
This is just getting ridiculously too long, time for mediator to entice movement and I mean for both sides not just one. Sad to hear the co. is not nego in good faith still with this new nego team. Start exchanging proposals and counter proposals, we don't need Justin in their trying to sell International Outsourcing with NO counter offer even thought about to be passed. I have heard that the total disrespectful attitude from the company with the "we didn't think that was an actual proposal to counter" and lack of their counter to it really ticked off the mediator with her even speaking up about it at the table, so maybe, just maybe next time they will have something to pass. If not, then they really are just on a continued mission to delay and stall out nego's and the mediators should do something about it.

Southwest Airlines mechanics aghast at no management counterproposal

How bout some positive news to end on. Another good PS year. 544 million to be shared, comes out to 10.8%. Divisions will be 10% to retirement accounts and .8% will be cash. Not too bad.

Southwest Airlines Employees Earn $544 Million In 2018 ProfitSharing
Would of liked to of seen a little higher percentage but with all the extra mouths to feed, not gonna happen. Grateful for the extra stash going into my retirement but not grateful for all the extra directors/v-p's and hierarchy they have brought on to drain the profit sharing pie.

Would of liked to of seen a little higher percentage but with all the extra mouths to feed, not gonna happen. Grateful for the extra stash going into my retirement but not grateful for all the extra directors/v-p's and hierarchy they have brought on to drain the profit sharing pie.
DGAF, part of the problem these other groups with their contracts and raises are getting the pie, why we are still getting our percentage on 2012 wages. I guarantee pilots are eating the biggest pieces as a group.More power to them.

Agreed. We are nearing 60K employees so the % is lower due to the larger amount of employees to divide it up with. That's a huge increase from where we were when I hired on.

As we await the next sessions on March, I would expect the mediator to do their jobs and get the two sides closer together. Since the mediator was present last time, they too are aware of the money left to nego with especially with such a huge ask for International Outsourcing.
This is just getting ridiculously too long, time for mediator to entice movement and I mean for both sides not just one. Sad to hear the co. is not nego in good faith still with this new nego team. Start exchanging proposals and counter proposals, we don't need Justin in their trying to sell International Outsourcing with NO counter offer even thought about to be passed. I have heard that the total disrespectful attitude from the company with the "we didn't think that was an actual proposal to counter" and lack of their counter to it really ticked off the mediator with her even speaking up about it at the table, so maybe, just maybe next time they will have something to pass. If not, then they really are just on a continued mission to delay and stall out nego's and the mediators should do something about it.

Southwest Airlines mechanics aghast at no management counterproposal
I think it's pretty clear that the mediator is bought and paid for. I wouldn't expect anything from her.

Reactions: sendmeupacrowsfoot
I think it's pretty clear that the mediator is bought and paid for. I wouldn't expect anything from her.

I have to wonder if the company's latest move to reopen previously settled articles even raised one of her eyebrows. Talk about putting the brakes on the forward momentum of the negotiations! Maybe we should request a new mediator. I guess we keep going until all reasonable efforts to reach a voluntary agreement through mediation have failed. We must be getting close to that.

Last edited:
I have to wonder if the company's latest move to reopen previously settled articles even raised one of her eyebrows. Talk about putting the brakes on the forward momentum of the negotiations! Maybe we should request a new mediator. I guess we keep going until all reasonable efforts to reach a voluntary agreement through mediation have failed. We must be getting close....
The company is doing just what they said they would do last year in the emails before we started voting. And everyone screamed about it. So our own negotiating team, and Bret convinced people we had alI this power, and we were played . The real power you have as mechanics is on the job, and follow procedures .

I have to wonder if the company's latest move to reopen previously settled articles even raised one of her eyebrows. Talk about putting the brakes on the forward momentum of the negotiations! Maybe we should request a new mediator. I guess we keep going until all reasonable efforts to reach a voluntary agreement through mediation have failed. We must be getting close....
We will find out in March. If the company does not bring a counter to the table in March, then it will be loud and clear that they are just continuing their games of stalling and delay.
Also with all the misinformation in that video from the two top co. nego's, how in the world do you go from "sorry guys that is all the money we have, there is no more money" to "we increased our last offer from the previous offer by 40%" yea right, No way in hell they increased it by 40%, more like 5-10%, do the math folks they flat out lied to the employees of Southwest Airlines. Then when she was asked about her claim of 40% increase in the offer, she claimed she never said that. It's in the video as our economist corrected her.
And now we are being told these guys (co. nego team) do not have the authority to make the decisions at the table? Pathetic.