WN Mechanics seek mediation

I have been told that most are Pilot write ups not mechanics, so the job action the co thinks is null and void. However, I am also being told these are legit write ups, so why the thought of a job action?
Southwest have every right to call for an emergency. Call the o/t and get em fixed and back in service to generate more income, that's all. Good luck guys, don't get too fatigued or worn out, and thanks for all you guys do out there..

I have been told that most are Pilot write ups not mechanics, so the job action the co thinks is null and void. However, I am also being told these are legit write ups, so why the thought of a job action?
Southwest have every right to call for an emergency. Call the o/t and get em fixed and back in service to generate more income, that's all. Good luck guys, don't get too fatigued or worn out, and thanks for all you guys do out there..

I think most AMTs are ok with some overtime.

They got themselves into this by pushing work. Now it's time to catch up. Time to make some money!

Funny-Memes-about-Working-overtime-5.jpg

Last edited:
You must be confused. This is merely compliance, compliance, compliance.
Skip to 3:40 mark.

About one week after this story airs came this from the co.

Southwest Airlines declares 'state of operational emergency' with high number of aircraft out of service

Then the same day this came out, came this from our AMFA National.

Memo: State of Operational Emergency
February 15, 2019 -- By letter dated February 15, 2019, Southwest’s Sr. Director Tech Ops Production Lonnie Warren declared a State of Operational Emergency which imposes extra-contractual demands with respect to the services of our Aircraft Maintenance Technicians and Inspectors with the explicit threat of termination if they fail to comply. This declaration of a State of Operation Emergency occurs just eleven (11) days after a CBS News report detailing the efforts of Southwest maintenance to resist coercive pressure to ignore aircraft damage and the FAA’s confirmation of the degraded safety culture at Southwest. The CBS report exposed a problem so severe that two United States Senators have called for a congressional investigation.
Read More

I think the co. might have jumped way too quickly with the intimidation of discipline and termination.
They should have simply called for the state of emergency, notified the mechanics and inspectors that all hands on deck are required, then deal with the individuals that refuse to work with the company under the state of emergency. Instead they throw out more intimidations prior to anything happening at all. pretty sure the FAA, and all the other groups investigating SWA currently will not like how that was handled.
This company needs to learn desperately how to deal with the troubled individuals one at a time and leave the larger group willing to help out alone, instead they always to seem to go after everyone as if everyone is gonna be the problem when only a few might and has not as of yet.
Call the o/t and deal with the individuals that need to be dealt with one on one not 2400 on one, C'mon man... It's called management 101, back to basics...

Reactions: B737 driver
About one week after this story airs came this from the co.

Southwest Airlines declares 'state of operational emergency' with high number of aircraft out of service

Then the same day this came out, came this from our AMFA National.

Memo: State of Operational Emergency
February 15, 2019 -- By letter dated February 15, 2019, Southwest’s Sr. Director Tech Ops Production Lonnie Warren declared a State of Operational Emergency which imposes extra-contractual demands with respect to the services of our Aircraft Maintenance Technicians and Inspectors with the explicit threat of termination if they fail to comply. This declaration of a State of Operation Emergency occurs just eleven (11) days after a CBS News report detailing the efforts of Southwest maintenance to resist coercive pressure to ignore aircraft damage and the FAA’s confirmation of the degraded safety culture at Southwest. The CBS report exposed a problem so severe that two United States Senators have called for a congressional investigation.
Read More

I think the co. might have jumped way too quickly with the intimidation of discipline and termination.
They should have simply called for the state of emergency, notified the mechanics and inspectors that all hands on deck are required, then deal with the individuals that refuse to work with the company under the state of emergency. Instead they throw out more intimidations prior to anything happening at all. pretty sure the FAA, and all the other groups investigating SWA currently will not like how that was handled.
This company needs to learn desperately how to deal with the troubled individuals one at a time and leave the larger group willing to help out alone, instead they always to seem to go after everyone as if everyone is gonna be the problem when only a few might and has not as of yet.
Call the o/t and deal with the individuals that need to be dealt with one on one not 2400 on one, C'mon man... It's called management 101, back to basics...
The troubled individuals are in these stations it doesn't effect MDW, DAL, BWI , FLL, TPA, or ATL business as usual.

The troubled individuals are in these stations it doesn't effect MDW, DAL, BWI , FLL, TPA, or ATL business as usual.
Forgive me, I forget which station your at, but did your out of service increase as well? I know ours did here in Dallas, but the fellas are sucking up that o/t to get em out quickly.
And I was just explaining how the co., at least in Dallas, seems to always punish the entire group instead of the individuals that need it, do they do this in your station as well?

Forgive me, I forget which station your at, but did your out of service increase as well? I know ours did here in Dallas, but the fellas are sucking up that o/t to get em out quickly.
And I was just explaining how the co., at least in Dallas, seems to always punish the entire group instead of the individuals that need it, do they do this in your station as well?
MDW, we had some , but not as high in the other stations, our supervisors said these 4 stations , had the highest number of out of service Aircraft. So the rest of the system normal procedures for vacation and sick, and day trades. If you read Brett's letter, he writes like it is the entire maintenance department, and it is not. If are aircraft are broken , they are broken. Anybody can be an asshole and ground an Airplane even for a few hours, if you look hard enough. They are treating us like Delta or the military operation, if you have a problem Naval Air Station or a Air Wing, you don't punish the entire Navy. You take care of the problem outfit.

Swampy I will also say this , I got acquired and had to start over, you as an original over I am assuming 20 years SWA employee. You remember Herb an Colleen. It saddens me , that the union everyone thought was so much better than the Teamsters, is out to destroy what you worked for . Regardless if you want to admit it or not. I remember the day it was certified my Chief Steward telling me they AMFA would eventually destroy us. You can blame the company, but it's not all the company's fault. You think long and hard , when this gets ugly, I hope it doesn't, and remember the poor Northwest guys. There was a lot more of them than us.

Swampy I will also say this , I got acquired and had to start over, you as an original over I am assuming 20 years SWA employee. You remember Herb an Colleen. It saddens me , that the union everyone thought was so much better than the Teamsters, is out to destroy what you worked for . Regardless if you want to admit it or not. I remember the day it was certified my Chief Steward telling me they AMFA would eventually destroy us. You can blame the company, but it's not all the company's fault. You think long and hard , when this gets ugly, I hope it doesn't, and remember the poor Northwest guys. There was a lot more of them than us.

Latest posts