WN Mechanics seek mediation

Point of order: NWA wasn't in BK when the AMTS were locked out. I get your point, though.

I was happy to see the letters you posted from Samuelson, but if WN AMTs are to avoid a repeat of what happened at NW, we really need to see one from 555 and 556.
WE?

Who’s we?

Swampy I will also say this , I got acquired and had to start over, you as an original over I am assuming 20 years SWA employee. You remember Herb an Colleen. It saddens me , that the union everyone thought was so much better than the Teamsters, is out to destroy what you worked for . Regardless if you want to admit it or not. I remember the day it was certified my Chief Steward telling me they AMFA would eventually destroy us. You can blame the company, but it's not all the company's fault. You think long and hard , when this gets ugly, I hope it doesn't, and remember the poor Northwest guys. There was a lot more of them than us.
Dude, C'mon man, AMFA is not out to destroy anything. Your comment is way out there. Your Chief Stew that told you that is a moron, and sorry, but so are you if you believe him. He's just butt hurt over AMFA getting in while teamsters were in charge is all. I will just leave it at that.

This guy was the Hackett guy at Northwest, and who was the union AMFA, wake up people. When you get comments that Tech ops is pissing the whole company off not good. Southwest is famous for trying to be nice, then stomp your ass in the dirt. All the other unions recognize this and bargain accordingly. We are not pilots. If your union has such bad animosity with your company , you never get a deal. So two things happen the government let's you just sit there and rot. Or you finally wake up, and get a new union. Or you get what you can , kick the can and move on.
You post as to blame tech ops for these downed a/c why is that?
It's not. A bunch of these are Pilot generated and are for very different items across the board as the CNBC story stated.
They handled this the wrong way. I never seen any business throw out threats of termination prior to anything ever happening. Just call the state of emergency, call the o/t and deal with the people who do not comply. But to put out the intimidation and threats before hand will not look good to the current investigations as well as the FAA, AG. Osha and others now getting involved like senators etc...

Reactions: B737 driver
WN workers...their OAL peers...fans of labor...people in the catering industry.

Whoever.

Well you don’t “need” (pushy term) to see anything then. The better term to use is you would “like” to see/ Or it could have been posed as a question.

“Do you think it would help if those 2 Locals put out a separate public letter of support”

When Religious people come to my door to push their crazy juice on me I either don’t open my door or I close it in their face as fast as I can.

We’re both Human but it doesn’t mean I’m interested in hearing what they have to say or what they’re trying to sell.

You post as to blame tech ops for these downed a/c why is that?
It's not. A bunch of these are Pilot generated and are for very different items across the board as the CNBC story stated.
They handled this the wrong way. I never seen any business throw out threats of termination prior to anything ever happening. Just call the state of emergency, call the o/t and deal with the people who do not comply. But to put out the intimidation and threats before hand will not look good to the current investigations as well as the FAA, AG. Osha and others now getting involved like senators etc...
I was not blaming tech ops. They are legitimate write ups. SWA our own company is blaming tech ops, and AMFA, and when you have that kind of animosity it doesn't get contracts settled, unless you are the pilots group.

Something I find interesting, not sure how many of you guys know Lonnie, but this is not the tone of the Lonnie I have known in my dealings with him. This sounds more like Northwest airlines and Landon to me. I have always worked plenty of overtime when my schedule allows it, but if I have to get my kid to day care or pick up from school, and you are gonna fire me because or I have to leave them on the curb. FU

Not to mention the fact, I've personally never seen this kind of response or tone with SWA, and letters, threats coming out. They could of handled this in a much different tone and message than this. If they thought they're was any thread of "Culture" as GK proudly likes to say, they are sadly mistaken. The culture is dead in Tech Ops, and really I thank LN for that.
I agree completely with half of what you said. I have known Lonnie a long time and this is his way of operating just ask Steve Mora, oh wait he is still under the bus. There is no doubt LN operates this way but it seems Lonnie is just being a good little soldier.
He may have just stepped out in traffic.

I agree completely with half of what you said. I have known Lonnie a long time and this is his way of operating just ask Steve Mora, oh wait he is still under the bus. There is no doubt LN operates this way but it seems Lonnie is just being a good little soldier.
I haven't seen him in a while, but guess I have not seen that side of him, so I certainly could be wrong on that, just not a side I had seen. But the gist of my message was obviously as you guys would agree, is I get so sick and tired of all the Koolaid hype BS, cheer-leading pep rallies and promoting of Culture. Culture. Culture. The GD culture has left this department somewhere about the time that Hirshman showed up and been going down hill since. As I told my wife the other day, I use to wear an article of SWA clothing to hardware store or wherever on my day off, and was damn proud of it, now, ****, it's a job, and one that I don't want to give up due to my age, but that's all it is anymore Gary, is a job. You can take Chili cookoffs and Spirit parties, Swag, and the rest of the crap, and stick it.

I haven't seen him in a while, but guess I have not seen that side of him, so I certainly could be wrong on that, just not a side I had seen. But the gist of my message was obviously as you guys would agree, is I get so sick and tired of all the Koolaid hype BS, cheer-leading pep rallies and promoting of Culture. Culture. Culture. The GD culture has left this department somewhere about the time that Hirshman showed up and been going down hill since. As I told my wife the other day, I use to wear an article of SWA clothing to hardware store or wherever on my day off, and was damn proud of it, now, ****, it's a job, and one that I don't want to give up due to my age, but that's all it is anymore Gary, is a job. You can take Chili cookoffs and Spirit parties, Swag, and the rest of the crap, and stick it.
The problem is, if you are 55 like I am where are we going to go, and make what we make, and the company knows it. United, American has the same issues or worse. Well there's always Delta, or UPS, or Fed Ex. Herb and Colleen are gone, so when you started we had what 120 airplanes? So we either figure how to get the most we can, or we sit and ***** and moan .

I was not blaming tech ops. They are legitimate write ups. SWA our own company is blaming tech ops, and AMFA, and when you have that kind of animosity it doesn't get contracts settled, unless you are the pilots group.
Oh I see. I read your first one wrong, sorry bout that.
Yea, i think the co. jumping on the blame game is not good. Like I said before, they should have just put out a memo that;

"We are under an operational emergency due to the large number of a/c out of service, every mechanic, inspector and maint personnel we will need all on deck to get these a/c back to service. During this O.E. please be reminded that we will be not accepting any day trades, vac, f/h during this emergency, all times off all ready on the books will be accepted. All overtime signups will have to be worked, as of now we are not moving into mandatory o/t but if it becomes to it please be advised so to let your family members aware."

Instead, the intimidation and threats are first thing out of Tech Ops mouth. And all this just days after the huge CBS story and hours after senators call for another investigation of the pressure and intimidation at SWA and American.
I just think this could have been handled a much, much more productive and professional manner than they picked.
It's not the mechanics who should be punished here, I say it's Tech Ops on how they addressed and handled this operation emergency call out.

Reactions: B737 driver
Pretty sure this did come from above him. One of his problems is his communication skills are lacking big time. I never knew him prior to him coming to Dallas, but others say he has changed since starting up the corp ladder here in Dallas.
These are definitely actions and language right out of the NWA book. Not SWA's.

Could that be because everyone since Sokol has been outsiders at that level? Since Sokol, all of them have been from other failed or badly ran airlines. Tony--Brian--Landon All from other airlines and all were failures with one of these guys moving on to another failure.

Pretty sure this did come from above him. One of his problems is his communication skills are lacking big time. I never knew him prior to him coming to Dallas, but others say he has changed since starting up the corp ladder here in Dallas.

Could that be because everyone since Sokol has been outsiders at that level? Since Sokol, all of them have been from other failed or badly ran airlines. Tony--Brian--Landon All from other airlines and all were failures with one of these guys moving on to another failure.
But unfortunately the guy they have now, busted AMFA at Northwest.

He hasn't changed believe me and of course he is taking orders from above.

Oh I totally believe that what you just said. They railroaded Sokol out of here, as well as Jack James. These idiots they brought on all with their grand ideas, worked out so well at their past airlines they left. I've watched this my whole career, these tards reinventing the wheel and bringing their great ideas here (trax) and then when things fail miserably, they take their golden parachutes and bail out with a dumb ass letter about seeking golden opportunities elsewhere, while we are stuck with their policy changes and culture massacre they brought on while their tenure here was in existence. Supposedly this cat they brought from AK is suppose to be a good dude. I personally would like to see LN gone and if this dude is a good dude, then have him take the reins. (Which I still have a hard time believing nobody internal cut the mustard).

But unfortunately the guy they have now, busted AMFA at Northwest.
Are you concerned about something? Not going to happen here. The membership will not allow it, and I really don't think the co is headed in that direction either.