WN Mechanics seek mediation

Hey guys, for you who do not get registered emails from your local pls goto the unions web site as there is an update about the survey that was emailed and mailed out. Do the nego's comte. a favor and fill this survey out. Speak your mind and tell them what is most important to you, it will help them going forward as soon as the next nego's sessions set for April 17-21. The email response would be the quickest to get it back to them. Pretty important time to get involved on a very important issues your contract...

Just as I thought, the full week went right out the window. And also as I thought, no movement what-so-ever. Don't let the statement about the company liking the idea AMFA had about the big scope change. They just wanted to have an excuse to shut down nego's for the week and left wide open the option of backing out of it saying they have to run it all by their upper leaders back in Dallas. Whatever happened to bringing those folks TO THE F-KING TABLE?? We have our decision makers there, why doesn't the co. have theirs? We sat idle for 6 dam months since Oct of 16.
To our nego team at the table, keep up the good work, don't just cave to the companies request. It is obvious they (the co.) are trying to ware you guys down with all these stall tactics. Well like the membership has said we can wait 10 years if need be, and they will need a contract long before that for the new maint. coming in. Here's the latest;

AMFA - SWA TECHNICIAN NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE #55

While my frustration level has not reached the boiling point I too can wait. Scope is a very high priority but so is paid rest (which the company has made no effort to compromise on) and an acceptable economic package. It will be interesting to see what the membership deems important in the survey.

Yea I too would be interested in the survey results my self. I am hoping most will be patient as well. Agree with you on the scope being very high on the list. I still really think the co. still thinks they can buy ($) the scope language THEY want. The economic package really needs to be adjusted and increase as we go longer and longer. That 20% (bonus) is no longer valid to any where close to what retro would now equal for the past, let's just say 5 years now (Aug 16th 2017) The 14% snap up is no longer valid either. If you take each and every single hour you have worked from Aug 2012 to Aug 2017 including O/T, 401K, matches and other variables, our bonus (or retro in my mind) offer should be more like 50K. I am not kidding, do the math yourself. The 20% is a freakin joke now, slap in the face. Use the average of 3% rule and do the math, it will astound you. Hell the co. gave dead Pilots and their family members full retro. Where the hell is ours? Don't you just love that our CEO just got yet another raise or an increase from 15 to 16? May 1-4 will be no different and a matter fact they will end up going backwards when the co. comes back in and say nope, sorry, but your last suggestion just does not work out for us on the cost side and we will remain at our last hold out of NOT MOVING. Why aren't the mediators stepping up and requesting the co's side to move? Instead they just sit back and suck up all that mediator money flowing. I say replace them, fire them and request new ones. At this point I do not care how long that would delay nego's cause the co. is doing a fantastic job at that now anyway. 5 year pay freeze just like Kelly wanted.

Just as I thought, AMFA contract update has been posted. To begin I will say, "that's what I thought" or maybe "I told you so". Once again the company yanks back what they originally said they liked and held to the it's all or nothing attitude.
Something that stood out to me was the fact that AMFA was working a maint. program (not the company) for future work at SWA to come in house. Suggesting, and the co. agreeing that a 5th line of maint. is needed (and only suggested or brought up by AMFA) or required was, actually, great news to hear. Would love to see a 5th line added yet again by AMFA. What is very discouraging was the fact the co. tried to put the non-movement of these nego's in AMFA's lap as they say AMFA left nego's early. Not true at all. We all know that Mondays are for getting to nego's and Fridays are for getting home. Very sad about the non-movement by the co. but as I pointed out long before this update came out, it was not unexpected, a typical move by the company to continue to stall nego's. It is a very detailed and good update from our nego. team. Keep up the good work guys and stay focused as you guys are looking out for what the membership has asked for. Update #56 as well as update #55 is provided for comparo's...

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #56

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #55

Does anyone else agree with this statement?
Is it not time to tell our nego's to move onto the next step? And yes I do know the step is arbitration. The companies continuous actions to constantly move backwards and stall nego's is really getting F%$#@ old. Can anyone out here explain to me why we should not pull the trigger to go into arbitration? But it is very clear that the company can easily keep making record upon record profits each and every Q, even with our current contract just like they have been doing for years after years. I am beyond frustrated with SWA. And no, don't none of you think I am ready to sign the first thing that comes out, that is NOT where I am going here. I would be the last one that would do so. I honestly think that our union needs to start growing some balls and get this contract done. I submit my vote for arbitration... Any thoughts???

I know. But these mediators are getting no where and doing NOTHING about the co. dragging their feet. I guess maybe the first step would be to request new mediators which I suggested several months ago. At this point it would not hurt to R & R the mediators that are getting NOTHING done.

I think the battle over WN's maintenance program must come to an end. We should not waste one more minute opposing "zeroing out" a check done at an MRO. The repackaging of C Check (Intermediate maintenance ??) does not raise a red flag to me and the company seems willing to consider the proposed 5th line of heavy maintenance, which I'm all for. It has always been WN's model to outsource maintenance and that will not change. It is noble for the union to try and increase their ranks with professional AMT's but not to the extent of prolonging negotiations indefinitely. For now most of the rank and file are good with the current headcount so lets move on. There are economic issues worth fighting for that have barely been discussed.

I know. But these mediators are getting no where and doing NOTHING about the co. dragging their feet. I guess maybe the first step would be to request new mediators which I suggested several months ago. At this point it would not hurt to R & R the mediators that are getting NOTHING done.

Hi SWAMT:

I hope that you don't mind me sticking in my two cents where it doesn't belong since you have no problem doing the same on the AA threads.

I don't think you should request new mediators, I think you should start a card drive to oust your Union. I mean when is enough enough for you? Almost 5 (5) years now and nothing really to show for it except a few piddles here and there.

The TWU is the largest Union on your property and have no outstanding contracts open. They must be doing something right there? And the TWU has a new International leader who enjoys playing hard ball if you read some of the news articles out there on the man.

Seriously I think you should start a card drive and clean house. If you do myself and others will support you 100%.

Last edited:
IMG_2676.PNG

SWAMT check out the responses on the last update on your AMFA National FB page. Only 17 likes and did you see what that guy Al said.

Seems to me as if some people over there (like yourself) are growing very frustrated?

BTW you should inform AMFA National to close that FB page to the viewing public. You really don't want SWA Management to be reading that stuff.

Seriously I think you should start a card drive and clean house. If you do myself and others will support you 100%.
I'm not swamt but I will say you still have quite a sense of humor. While many here are unhappy with stalled negotiations very few will point the finger at our union and certainly none have called for their ouster. As to your proposal for us to embrace the mighty TWU, frankly there are too many former disgruntled TWU AMT's scattered throughout the industry for anyone to take a drive anywhere seriously.

I'm not swamt but I will say you still have quite a sense of humor. While many here are unhappy with stalled negotiations very few will point the finger at our union and certainly none have called for their ouster. As to your proposal for us to embrace the mighty TWU, frankly there are too many former disgruntled TWU AMT's scattered throughout the industry for anyone to take a drive anywhere seriously.

Thanks Birdman for realizing I'm just knocking SWAMT for sticking his nose constantly into our business here at AA. I really do wish all of you the best over there and hope once our group votes in their JCBA your company will start to move as all the competitors Labor costs are in place.

SWAMT since you continue to express your opinions about the TWU and IAM on AA threads, I just HAVE to express my opinions on AMFA here.

AMFA is impotent. It's seed is producing no offspring. After 5 years of trying to produce a baby maybe it's time for you to divorce that wife and find one that can bear fruit. Someone fertile.