WN Mechanics seek mediation

That

That's just one local. And by the way, that was way more than the teamsters ever reported for local 19 in Grapevine Tx., and at the very end they were negative $$$ in their funds. loc 11 has been pretty positive not sure about the others. For the size of AMFA compared to the other unions, they are doing very well. I grant to you that we are not 1.0 plus million large like your teamsters, but not doing as bad as some are trying to make it look like. A lot of folks that hate AMFA are just upset with how well they have been doing with the smallest size of any of the unions out there. Remember when AMFA first got here, they were all saying AMFA has no money and would be BK in a matter of months if not weeks. And they still are well over 10 plus years.
You know what driver, it takes money to fight for a good contract, it takes money to fend off the company's games, it takes money to defend the co. "unlimited" funds with their propaganda machine (just ask the Pilots). At least AMFA is standing up and fighting and not just caving and agreeing with the co behind closed doors like the teamsters did twice to us. And don't even try to say they did not, I was there when it happened as were many others including strong supporting teamsters witnessed it along with us.
AMFA is not broke. Besides, if they would get us a new contract the income will increase greatly at DOS and at the end of the 5 year deal, plus after hiring more mechanics once a new contract is done...
I hope so, that's all we ever wanted.

Yes

Yes.
And I like how the union is only answering in the media when the company goes to the media to try and gain support in their favor. Southwest is the one that started all this media reporting on nego's first. And as Brett has stated, he will not nego or fight this out in the media or public, but they will in the courts where it belongs.
We really are hearing of some movement coming next week. I do not want to discuss any of here publicly as that might deter some of it from coming true. The co is taking steps that appear that they do want to get this done and out of the way. New negotiator coming in with the power to make the real decisions right there and then and has the support from Gary to do so (as he has said). We have also heard of possible "hat trick" coming to the table (I will explain that later after it happens or don't happen at the table). Also hearing that quite possibly might be entertaining slight tweaks to the duty times.
Other movements come from the gov. with the mediators supervisor attending, and with the FAA stepping in and strongly encouraging this to come to a conclusion will help things move along.
I have also heard that some of the ALR's have also said they are ready to get this done. At this point I am concerned about one or maybe even two that might try to continue to be stubborn and quite possibly on an agenda with one of them (pretty sure you all know who that is). Just remember, cooler heads will prevail, let's not blow this. If the company shows positive changes at the table AMFA better do the same or the mediator's sup. just might decide to step it up a notch. I have heard she is coming because she is not happy with the games that have been playing out. So, get in there guys and get it done. I don't care if you guys have to pull all nighters, it would be well worth it if we have it concluded by the end of next week and get back to our happy lives and move forward with growth and prosperity.
I have also heard of some really good news for the mechanics if and after they get this done and I hope that is relayed at the table next week, it would really help to move things along.
The guys are anxious, tired, frustrated, beat down, disappointed, pissed off, stressing etc., you name it. The time is now to get this done and over with.
Good luck to all involved at the table on all three sides.
I honestly will be praying for a good outcome come by Fri.
Good luck to all of us...
Man that would be awesome brother. Your post has a very optimistically exciting ring to it and with the FAA chiming in now, it's the first time in a while I am optimistically pleased with a possible positive outcome next week. Because I think it's pretty clear that everyone feels the same, if this doesn't have positive traction next week, $hit about to get real ugly around this campfire. I don't consider myself a regular, religious man, but I'm praying to get all parties in an agreement mode next week. Doesn't change how I feel about LM or Van, the damage has been done by those two in my book. Would be like forgiving my wife for cheating on me, some could do it, I could not.

Man that would be awesome brother. Your post has a very optimistically exciting ring to it and with the FAA chiming in now, it's the first time in a while I am optimistically pleased with a possible positive outcome next week. Because I think it's pretty clear that everyone feels the same, if this doesn't have positive traction next week, $hit about to get real ugly around this campfire. I don't consider myself a regular, religious man, but I'm praying to get all parties in an agreement mode next week. Doesn't change how I feel about LM or Van, the damage has been done by those two in my book. Would be like forgiving my wife for cheating on me, some could do it, I could not.
Your exact same feelings are being felt here by many that were thinking we were all doomed just a couple days ago.
I can only say that these are rumblings coming from some pretty good and reliable sources. Hoping it all comes true.
Let's all be positive and hope for the best next week. i really do think this is the time. I know we have heard that before. But like you said dgaf, if not now, all hell will more than likely break out and never return. And none of us want that.
I had to keep my previous post to a minimum in order to hope not to jeopardize anything I was told from not coming true. But remember what upper leaders have said before, they are trying to find better ways to get us more money with a way to pay for the cost, keep that in mind.
Hopefully we are not disappointed next week. Time to move on brother. Don't know about you man, but my wife is ready to sign now. LOL. But she has been a real trooper through all this.
Remember this, HT might equal 1,2,3, or A,B,C, or This, That, or the Other. Again I will explain later. But as I was told it's all positive movement. Just hope both sides are willing to move. Takes two to tango right???
Goodnight brother. Cheers to this being over with soon...

Your exact same feelings are being felt here by many that were thinking we were all doomed just a couple days ago.
I can only say that these are rumblings coming from some pretty good and reliable sources. Hoping it all comes true.
Let's all be positive and hope for the best next week. i really do think this is the time. I know we have heard that before. But like you said dgaf, if not now, all hell will more than likely break out and never return. And none of us want that.
I had to keep my previous post to a minimum in order to hope not to jeopardize anything I was told from not coming true. But remember what upper leaders have said before, they are trying to find better ways to get us more money with a way to pay for the cost, keep that in mind.
Hopefully we are not disappointed next week. Time to move on brother. Don't know about you man, but my wife is ready to sign now. LOL. But she has been a real trooper through all this.
Remember this, HT might equal 1,2,3, or A,B,C, or This, That, or the Other. Again I will explain later. But as I was told it's all positive movement. Just hope both sides are willing to move. Takes two to tango right???
Goodnight brother. Cheers to this being over with soon...
It comes down to getting the money equal to how they want to move it around. My wife was ready to sign last year. It gets harder to say no the longer it goes. Here is to positive thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: swamt
In the union meeting held yesterday we were told that the mediators have been assigned and they will meet in order to set the schedule of meetings to come. We were also told that there will be alot more meetings each month than what SWA was scheduling in the past. The 2Q numbers are looking very positive and should help with the mediation process to move a little faster. When we get the scheduled dates for meeting with the mediators I will try to post. Should be alot better than the 1 or 2 days per month that the company was scheduling before...

Southwest Airlines posts record profit in second quarter
It's amazing to read this 4 year old post when we started mediation and the 1 or 2 days, sometimes 3 stayed the same through this whole process.

It's amazing to read this 4 year old post when we started mediation and the 1 or 2 days, sometimes 3 stayed the same through this whole process.
It did stay pretty steady once IN mediation. But remember, prior to mediation they were setting 2-3 day meetings but only meeting for 1 to 1 1/2 days or even just 1/2 day a couple times. There has been a number of times where the full 3 days were never met, actually most all of them. Most of the time it was the company saying they had to take it back to show it to the people that make the decisions. And this was why AMFA started calling for and demanding that the co install individuals on the co side that can and would make the decisions right then and there at the table. Now, supposably as we are being told, the "new guy" is coming in with that authority. Hope this is true.
But your right, it mostly stayed true to the 2-3 day meetings per month with an occasional twice per month, but only as of lately and very seldom.
If all the rumblings are true, we should hear of something come Mon. to start moving things in a positive direction going into nego's Tue-Thur.
Where do we sign up to be that very important "fly on the wall" listening in? Hopefully that fly will be buzzing with good news come next week...

We will all see if this last para in this article will be attained by the company next week. If he really means it, we should have a T/A or at least an AIP again, then work out the details, dotting all the i's and crossing all the T's.

American City Business Journals
Union files counter suit against Southwest as FAA sends message to both sides

Southwest said it will continue to work toward an agreement with the mechanics and "will not stray from our focus on rewarding our mechanics, while we work to shield our Employees and Customers from unnecessary disruptions within the operation."

We will all see if this last para in this article will be attained by the company next week. If he really means it, we should have a T/A or at least an AIP again, then work out the details, dotting all the i's and crossing all the T's.

American City Business Journals
Union files counter suit against Southwest as FAA sends message to both sides

Southwest said it will continue to work toward an agreement with the mechanics and "will not stray from our focus on rewarding our mechanics, while we work to shield our Employees and Customers from unnecessary disruptions within the operation."
Sent you a PM.

And with this second 737 Max 8 crash in less than 6 months. I would say it would be prudent to come to a T/A and move on.

And with this second 737 Max 8 crash in less than 6 months. I would say it would be prudent to come to a T/A and move on.

So let's hope the company comes through with all their promises. And your right, it may very well be prudent to come to a conclusion this time around.

SOE lifted in Dallas at 6:30 pm
That's all I got.
Good luck to all of us for a good turn out starting tomorrow.

SOE lifted in Dallas at 6:30 pm
With 48 hour restriction. I would like to think it was to prevent overwhelming those who input trade forms but I fear it was to keep their option open to once again selectively abrogate part of our contract. Regardless of how negotiations go this week this blatant and illegal "job action" against our contract must be addressed and these actions should be met with staunch resistance from all unionized workgroups at SW.

With 48 hour restriction. I would like to think it was to prevent overwhelming those who input trade forms but I fear it was to keep their option open to once again selectively abrogate part of our contract. Regardless of how negotiations go this week this blatant and illegal "job action" against our contract must be addressed and these actions should be met with staunch resistance from all unionized workgroups at SW.
Probably why the lawsuit was filed against SWA. But I am sure a T/A produced and ratified , will be all lawsuits are null and void including grievances.