WN Mechanics seek mediation

Swampy I think Hatchet man LN is probably gone, especially if he overplayed his hand on making guarantees to Gary Kelly. He will be just as much blamed as causing the bad blood, and getting the wrath of the mechanics.SWA will want positive news, especially if the FAA bows to pressure and grounds the Max fleet .Till Boeing rewrites the software for the MCAS system.

I agree. He is more than likely gone. Just a matter of time.
And he did over play his hand (promises) to GK.
On the rebuilding of the relationship between the company and the mechanics will take some very large moves to remove some folks that have caused all this heartburn from years back.
Maybe not fired, but at least demoted individuals will be the results of this total fiasco we are currently in right now.

I hope like hell this won't impede, derail, stall, whatever our what seems to be some positive things happening with negotiations. My next thought is who's going to reimburse all of the cancelled flights due to the max on the ground, will Boeing or do we eat this. Let's face it, this is not good, let's also hope this is very very very temporary. I gotta feeling our first quarter this year could be our first loss in a long time.
I say charge it back to the gov. They were the ones that made the call.
dgaf, We all hope the same. Hearing of nothing so far, but, very quiet today of any info. Stay positive brother. Hopefully some good news come out tomorrow after the third day.
I think the co wants this crap over with with us. They need to focus on the huge M8 issue at hand and put us to the side and done. Just my opinion, but it does make sense. Too much to handle at this point. Time to move on...

34 planes grounded, ETOPS ready to start, SWA wants to squeeze 250 or so more flight a day into the new schedule, the mechanics are pissed. Yeah, I think karma is at work. Imagine if this weeks negotiation turns into a turnip.
That would not be good. Think positive and hopefully this gets done tomorrow.

Last day of negotiations today fellas, unless they have some kind of extension, to try and get something finished up tomorrow. Hoping to hear something by tonight that we could have something to vote on soon. Fingers crossed! Good Luck!

Last day of negotiations today fellas, unless they have some kind of extension, to try and get something finished up tomorrow. Hoping to hear something by tonight that we could have something to vote on soon. Fingers crossed! Good Luck!
If they bring back the last TA and at least met us half way on the pay, I would vote yes. But, if they are stuck on this 16 hour rule and industry standard language for international outsourcing, it’s another NO from me. I hope you optimistic fellers are right. I’m not.

Reactions: B737 driver
If they have the language on the outsourcing like they did last time. There is a way on the 24 hour rule. Say 20-hours still 8 hours paid rest. That would save the company 2 hours double time. You could also put the language of the supervisor request it to get the work down , old 24 hours stay in place. Downlines would be excluded . Just a thought to get a better raise.

I could see an extension if needed. Or, maybe another super late night to finalize things and they return home late morn or afternoon Fri. I could also possibly see working through the weekend to have something completed and maybe even T/A'd by Mon. That would be awesome. All just guesses and optimistic hopes.
Hearing nothing is probably a good thing.
Fingers are crossed.
I honestly do believe having Mr. Kinder in there is making a huge difference at the table. Something just tells me he's the right man for the job as 2 previous NC's could not get it done.
I wish all at the table on both sides good luck. I say stay at it until it is done if they are close by end of day...

If they bring back the last TA and at least met us half way on the pay, I would vote yes. But, if they are stuck on this 16 hour rule and industry standard language for international outsourcing, it’s another NO from me. I hope you optimistic fellers are right. I’m not.
Heard the 16 hr rule was going to have to be adjusted for the 10 hr shifts. 16 hr rule would force way more new hires than they are planning for in order to cover needed shifts and o/t.
IO I don't like either. Hopefully some rules and regs are being discussed.

If they have the language on the outsourcing like they did last time. There is a way on the 24 hour rule. Say 20-hours still 8 hours paid rest. That would save the company 2 hours double time. You could also put the language of the supervisor request it to get the work down , old 24 hours stay in place. Downlines would be excluded . Just a thought to get a better raise.
I would go for that. I really like leaving the 24 hrs but with no PR unless it be all o/t requested by the co. Daytrades mixed in there, then no PR. Keep all PR for all downlines with on duty sup. calling the shots as well as on duty mechanics if they say they are too tired and needs rest etc. In other words, work it out on downlines as required, the most important thing is to get that a/c back into service the most efficient, productive and safely as possible.

I would go for that. I really like leaving the 24 hrs but with no PR unless it be all o/t requested by the co. Daytrades mixed in there, then no PR. Keep all PR for all downlines with on duty sup. calling the shots as well as on duty mechanics if they say they are too tired and needs rest etc. In other words, work it out on downlines as required, the most important thing is to get that a/c back into service the most efficient, productive and safely as possible.
I don’t like giving up anything for nothing. But, the issue of paid rest shouldn’t be a show stopper. What you described would be acceptable and makes sense.

I don’t like giving up anything for nothing. But, the issue of paid rest shouldn’t be a show stopper. What you described would be acceptable and makes sense.
Agree. Hopefully they were smart and upped the money a bit as the co. is after a way to pay for it as they stated, so there should be some sort of increase involved, just not expecting a huge jump is all. More like a reasonable one that all can live with. If anyone on our NC is being greedy or unreasonable about the money is soon to lose his position after this is all said and done, but I don't think that is happening. I think our economist is again doing his job very well and showing "data" to Mr. Kinder on why we are asking what we are asking for. Being a "mechanic at heart" he will understand the ask way more than anyone else on that side of the table hands down and we won't look greedy to him. He knows the value of the A&P better than any of them...
Looking forward to some good news some time today.

Agree. Hopefully they were smart and upped the money a bit as the co. is after a way to pay for it as they stated, so there should be some sort of increase involved, just not expecting a huge jump is all. More like a reasonable one that all can live with. If anyone on our NC is being greedy or unreasonable about the money is soon to lose his position after this is all said and done, but I don't think that is happening. I think our economist is again doing his job very well and showing "data" to Mr. Kinder on why we are asking what we are asking for. Being a "mechanic at heart" he will understand the ask way more than anyone else on that side of the table hands down and we won't look greedy to him. He knows the value of the A&P better than any of them...
Looking forward to some good news some time today.
If kk is truly a “mechanic at heart “, he will not want international outsourcing for obvious reasons. The Amfa economist threw a curve ball back at them last time by requesting they open the books to io. SWA quickly told him to stuff it. This is going to be interesting to see how this io plays out.

If kk is truly a “mechanic at heart “, he will not want international outsourcing for obvious reasons. The Amfa economist threw a curve ball back at them last time by requesting they open the books to io. SWA quickly told him to stuff it. This is going to be interesting to see how this io plays out.
Heard rumors extended talks through Friday, backed off 16 hours. Still want international outsourcing, working on money numbers, will stay late if required. Just a side note, could they temporarily bring back some 300's for lift, or not?

Heard rumors extended talks through Friday, backed off 16 hours. Still want international outsourcing, working on money numbers, will stay late if required. Just a side note, could they temporarily bring back some 300's for lift, or not?
Thought I would never have to change an mec again, but what the hell, I’m game.

Latest posts