WN Mechanics seek mediation

If kk is truly a “mechanic at heart “, he will not want international outsourcing for obvious reasons. The Amfa economist threw a curve ball back at them last time by requesting they open the books to io. SWA quickly told him to stuff it. This is going to be interesting to see how this io plays out.

I agree in part.
Mr. Kinder is also looking out for the company and the cost. I understand why they are trying to go IO, or using IO for a template to get the US FBO's to lower their hourly rates, a tool, if you will. Why wouldn't they as company?
Maybe the non open books are the hold up. Don't know, just guessing at this point.

Last edited:
Heard rumors extended talks through Friday, backed off 16 hours. Still want international outsourcing, working on money numbers, will stay late if required. Just a side note, could they temporarily bring back some 300's for lift, or not?

Good to hear driver. this is positive news. At least they are still talking and going into Friday to try and get it done.
We heard the same about the 16 hour rule.
I have no doubt that they will want and may get IO.
They are staying late. As of 8:30 pm tonight, they were still nego. just glad no one has walked out.
Stay positive, stay strong, and stay focussed. I really think something is coming...

Good to hear driver. this is positive news. At least they are still talking and going into Friday to try and get it done.
They are staying late. As of 8:30 pm tonight, they were still nego. just glad no one has walked out.
Stay positive, stay strong, and stay focussed. I really think something is coming...
False rumor. They were offered to come back tomorrow or stay tonight. It was decided to stay tonight and get it done.

Reactions: swamt
I
Swampy I think it will come together. What a difference have LN not involved. I hope the new guy will be as good as Jim was. As far as outsourcing being a public traded company it's not hard to find what our maintenance cost are. As long as the C check lines are there, and the intermediate maintenance, if they want Juan Valdez working on the airplanes, and the guarantee no furloughs or the work comes back, more power to them. We know they won't get the quality. Now if they send it to American's facility in Brazil they probably would. We got another Max in today to park. That's alot of expensive metal sitting around for shitty software. I still say it's a combination of lack of experienced pilots not being able to handle when the automation screws up. If those were experienced Naval aviators probably would've been a different outcome.

Nothing yet I guess. Kind of thought maybe we'd see a quick blurb about worked til early in the morning, and going to work on possibly finishing up mid day today. Well, guess we just keep our fingers crossed that everybody still getting along and getting close to an agreement, all can work with. Somehow I gather this group of people did not finish and say, Let's all go celebrate and pound a few Yeager bombs, lol.

Reactions: swamt
Nothing yet I guess. Kind of thought maybe we'd see a quick blurb about worked til early in the morning, and going to work on possibly finishing up mid day today. Well, guess we just keep our fingers crossed that everybody still getting along and getting close to an agreement, all can work with. Somehow I gather this group of people did not finish and say, Let's all go celebrate and pound a few Yeager bombs, lol.
Yep still going!

They should have started pounded Yeager bombs five years ago and we wouldn’t have had to go through this mess.

I know everyone is anxious and wanting to hear from our nego's.
These guys worked hard into the night and even into early morning. They stayed at all night into next morning.
All 3 days they stayed at it very late instead of the usual half day or stopping at the moment the clock struck 4 or 5 pm.
These guys deserve a pat on the back for staying with it. As so does Mr. Kinder for keeping it going as well, on the co's side.
Yes they are continuing to meet (possibly even without mediators) to try and get some final issues tied up, hearing they are close.
Guys it very well may be the IO is the hold up at this point. We all knew that it was a major factor when the co. threw it out there after already agreeing to leaving all scope alone, so it should be no surprise to the co. that it would be the biggest stickler and headache. Just glad nobody has walked away from the table and that tells me things are progressing.
Should be getting an update later today I hope. Would hate to to through the entire weekend with no update, but hey, if they decide to keep working thru the weekend, then that too is a great sign.
Let's stay patient and positive a bit longer and see what happens after today.
These guys deserve a pat on the back and praises for sticking it out as they have. Give them the courage and courtesy to get through this and get er done.

I hear they have something to bring to members.
I had to stop this false rumor. Your post at 7:30 this morning is incorrect.
Although they did stay into early morning they were still ironing out some issues at that time. Matter fact still not hearing of anything coming out to the members as of yet.
Should be an update out some time today and we all hope it is good news.

I know everyone is anxious and wanting to hear from our nego's.
These guys worked hard into the night and even into early morning. They stayed at all night into next morning.
All 3 days they stayed at it very late instead of the usual half day or stopping at the moment the clock struck 4 or 5 pm.
These guys deserve a pat on the back for staying with it. As so does Mr. Kinder for keeping it going as well, on the co's side.
Yes they are continuing to meet (possibly even without mediators) to try and get some final issues tied up, hearing they are close.
Guys it very well may be the IO is the hold up at this point. We all knew that it was a major factor when the co. threw it out there after already agreeing to leaving all scope alone, so it should be no surprise to the co. that it would be the biggest stickler and headache. Just glad nobody has walked away from the table and that tells me things are progressing.
Should be getting an update later today I hope. Would hate to to through the entire weekend with no update, but hey, if they decide to keep working thru the weekend, then that too is a great sign.
Let's stay patient and positive a bit longer and see what happens after today.
These guys deserve a pat on the back and praises for sticking it out as they have. Give them the courage and courtesy to get through this and get er done.
Swampy would rather have them do it right, get the best deal possible then something to be rejected, and go another year, no one wants that.

Just heard a good rumor. The mediator passed out in the early morning and her wig is going round and round on the ceiling fan.
Company just put out an email finished talking at 3:15 .Said both sides were closer , and were going to set up more sessions soon. Hope to wrap it up soon, any updates from AMFA yet?

Interesting the verbiage they use with, we are in the process of scheduling our next session, SHOULD IT BE NEEDED???? Maybe just tired, so I don't want to read into that. Hoping it will be much sooner than the end of April. But sounds like a turnaround from previous meetings, and the only thing really changed I would think is Kirk there, so hats off for keeping all heads cool for this meeting.

Latest posts