WN Mechanics seek mediation

Hey guys can someone drop in over on the American Airlines threads and tell us what’s happening over here? Forums Members have informed me that they don’t have access or the ability (Or interest maybe) to come here and read what you all have to say.

I don’t think LN will be gone. We all wish he was- but the same two guys who bad mouthed us to the rest of the company - and the media, want him where he is. I just don’t have a good feeling that they’ll let him go even though it’s what would be best for the company.

Hey guys can someone drop in over on the American Airlines threads and tell us what’s happening over here? Forums Members have informed me that they don’t have access or the ability (Or interest maybe) to come here and read what you all have to say.
Beat it you little weezal. Get used to it. Get a clue.

I don’t think LN will be gone. We all wish he was- but the same two guys who bad mouthed us to the rest of the company - and the media, want him where he is. I just don’t have a good feeling that they’ll let him go even though it’s what would be best for the company.

The only prediction I'm gonna make is, if LN sticks around, it will continue to be compliance, compliance, compliance.

Compliance he wanted, compliance he got. More millions upon millions wasted by him. Also hearing he is the one that caused Southwest to lose about a dozen lines of maint done at FBO's and this is why the co. is so strong on asking for the 8 lines of IO. More a/c are sitting because of him. Again more millions down the tubes. Can't see the co. standing for this much longer.
He destroyed another airline and now here to do the same, but just in a different way.

Compliance he wanted, compliance he got. More millions upon millions wasted by him. Also hearing he is the one that caused Southwest to lose about a dozen lines of maint done at FBO's and this is why the co. is so strong on asking for the 8 lines of IO. More a/c are sitting because of him. Again more millions down the tubes. Can't see the co. standing for this much longer.
He destroyed another airline and now here to do the same, but just in a different way.
Well if cost is based on performance, and keeping a job. He absolutely failed. He has us going to international outsourcing because he was cheap in what he would pay a U.S. based MRO, he drove up the cost of our maintenance contract, because he wanted to save $30 million, another failure. I can't see him staying.

Hey driver, I miss guessed earlier.
After reading the updates again, the agreement is dated for April 1 to take effect. So I would have to assume to give the co. time to close out March in order to get the full past years of pay to the economist to do his magic and get all the retro/back pay out to the members before voting. They are saying no road shows, so maybe some time late April or early May we might start the voting process. They usually go 4 weeks on voting periods.
So my new guess is maybe sometime before June or at the latest by June 1st.

Reactions: B737 driver
Hey driver, I miss guessed earlier.
After reading the updates again, the agreement is dated for April 1 to take effect. So I would have to assume to give the co. time to close out March in order to get the full past years of pay to the economist to do his magic and get all the retro/back pay out to the members before voting. They are saying no road shows, so maybe some time late April or early May we might start the voting process. They usually go 4 weeks on voting periods.
So my new guess is maybe sometime before June or at the latest by June 1st.
Swampy here is the latest from my union guy.Finish the language this week. To get the tentative T/A. Lawyers Sign off next week, no roadshows, so an Official T/A in two weeks. Voting process about 1-month, so should have the results in May.We have our Local 4 meeting tomorrow in Chicago Local 4 with Dan , so the guys can decide how they want to distribute the back pay, all at once or break it up.

Swampy here is the latest from my union guy.Finish the language this week. To get the tentative T/A. Lawyers Sign off next week, no roadshows, so an Official T/A in two weeks. Voting process about 1-month, so should have the results in May.We have our Local 4 meeting tomorrow in Chicago Local 4 with Dan , so the guys can decide how they want to distribute the back pay, all at once or break it up.
Great to hear. Let us know how your meeting goes. Will you be attending? Ours is on the 28th this Month. And I do plan on attending. We shall compare notes.
Those damn lawyers sure do stretch things out, but, they really are looking out for both sides interest in the long run.
Official T/A in 2 weeks? That would be nice. Just wondering how long the LOA 1 will take though.
Why break it up? (retro/back pay). We may not have a say so, it might be the co. that wants the relief to spread out the pay outs.
Nothing new from Dallas to talk about, still pretty quiet here until T/A comes out with all the details so we patiently wait...

Great to hear. Let us know how your meeting goes. Will you be attending? Ours is on the 28th this Month. And I do plan on attending. We shall compare notes.
Those damn lawyers sure do stretch things out, but, they really are looking out for both sides interest in the long run.
Official T/A in 2 weeks? That would be nice. Just wondering how long the LOA 1 will take though.
Why break it up? (retro/back pay). We may not have a say so, it might be the co. that wants the relief to spread out the pay outs.
Nothing new from Dallas to talk about, still pretty quiet here until T/A comes out with all the details so we patiently wait...
Talked to a guy in Phoenix the LOA1, all our C check lines stay that we have now the outsourcing was what they planned to do , the 3 lines are subject to come back based on the end of 5 years. To be negotiated. 5 will not. Local 32 endorses the agreement, they had their meeting today. We have our Local 4 today, so I can ask some more questions of Dan Burgess, when I go .

Ok Swampy went to the meeting in Chicago , Dan we got the international downlines back in our contract. The 8 lines, in amended LOA 1 5 the company keeps, 3 are subject to be negotiated back in. The 2.75 stays that's just a floor, We keep our trades and 24 hours paid rest. With the Aug raise its 23% for 2019 on based raises. So A day shift topped out Mechanic all in would be at $54'
Me as a lead with my Shift differential would be all in April 1 st , I would be at $56. They are getting with the company to finalize all the language and retro. They took a poll how guys want the money distribution., 50/50 split all at once, or split up. Local 4 recommends this agreement. They hope to have everything voted done, by the end of May. The lawsuits stay. Local 4 is ok we have good reserves. To be in violation of the RLA we would have to have an injunction, and we would have to violate it. We are also not using True ballot anymore. Well that's about it. Oh all our C check lines we have now stay. Oh and my figures a day shift guy almost $54, it was $53.80, & Me as a lead all in $55.90.

Last edited:
Ok Swampy went to the meeting in Chicago , Dan we got the international downlines back in our contract. The 8 lines, in amended LOA 1 5 the company keeps, 3 are subject to be negotiated back in. The 2.75 stays that's just a floor, We keep our trades and 24 hours paid rest. With the Aug raise its 23% for 2019 on based raises. So A day shift topped out Mechanic all in would be at $54'
Me as a lead with my Shift differential would be all in April 1 st , I would be at $56. They are getting with the company to finalize all the language and retro. They took a poll how guys want the money distribution., 50/50 split all at once, or split up. Local 4 recommends this agreement. They hope to have everything voted done, by the end of May. The lawsuits stay. Local 4 is ok we have good reserves. To be in violation of the RLA we would have to have an injunction, and we would have to violate it. We are also not using True ballot anymore. Well that's about it. Oh all our C check lines we have now stay. Oh and my figures a day shift guy almost $54, it was $53.80, & Me as a lead all in $55.90.
So the 8 lines are 8 that were being done in US where we got out bidded by UAL? So no increase in % of total outsource just a change of who is doing them? US vs IO? If it's a no increase in the % of outsourcing and just a change in who performs them, I would think this might pass the membership. I am not a fan of IO, would rather the Americans get the jobs first. I also haven't seen any language as of yet, but with Locals 32 and 4 endorsing, I would guess a passing vote coming from the membership IMO. As I have not heard of Loc. 11 leaning either way, I would also assume we would have heard by now if they were not endorsing, so I too expect to hear them endorsing as well.
So basically retro is 3% per year with a bonus 2% when all said and done by Aug 2019, year 7. I called it a bonus 2%, but in reality I still think that 2% was for the missing 2% we received in 2012 when we only got the 1% on the final year of that contract.
Thx for the update, I will do the same after our meetings.
I actually see something ahead, I believe it's a light, maybe the light at the end of the tunnel...

So the 8 lines are 8 that were being done in US where we got out bidded by UAL? So no increase in % of total outsource just a change of who is doing them? US vs IO? If it's a no increase in the % of outsourcing and just a change in who performs them, I would think this might pass the membership. I am not a fan of IO, would rather the Americans get the jobs first. I also haven't seen any language as of yet, but with Locals 32 and 4 endorsing, I would guess a passing vote coming from the membership IMO. As I have not heard of Loc. 11 leaning either way, I would also assume we would have heard by now if they were not endorsing, so I too expect to hear them endorsing as well.
So basically retro is 3% per year with a bonus 2% when all said and done by Aug 2019, year 7. I called it a bonus 2%, but in reality I still think that 2% was for the missing 2% we received in 2012 when we only got the 1% on the final year of that contract.
Thx for the update, I will do the same after our meetings.
I actually see something ahead, I believe it's a light, maybe the light at the end of the tunnel...
Yes on your answer, but the big improvements I liked was we got the international downlines in our actual contract language. All our no layoff protections stay on the outsourcing. So win win. Most the guys so far happy in MDW, BWI, ATL, PHX. So I think we will be ok. Let me know about DAL.

Reactions: swamt
Yes on your answer, but the big improvements I liked was we got the international downlines in our actual contract language. All our no layoff protections stay on the outsourcing. So win win. Most the guys so far happy in MDW, BWI, ATL, PHX. So I think we will be ok. Let me know about DAL.
Any idea on how the 160 million is going to be divy up? Hours, years, etc...

Reactions: B737 driver