WN Mechanics seek mediation

If the American guys face what we did, I am sure they can use all the help they can get, and legal advice. We still don't know how the lawsuits will come out. I am sure if we ratify, and probably will, they will probably be dropped.

Please don’t tell me that now you’re flip flopping on Seeham too driver? Wow man you really are falling right in to the groove now ain’t you.

Don’t be so sure the lawsuits will be dropped? More than likely they will be though since you guys sold out to International outsourcing and “other parameters”

Believe it or not I’m not judging you guys. Everyone has a price tag and SWA Management just may have finally been able to meet yours.

What price a man’s integrity?

Please don’t tell me that now you’re flip flopping on Seeham too driver? Wow man you really are falling right in to the groove now ain’t you.

Don’t be so sure the lawsuits will be dropped? More than likely they will be though since you guys sold out to International outsourcing and “other parameters”

Believe it or not I’m not judging you guys. Everyone has a price tag and SWA Management just may have finally been able to meet yours.

What price a man’s integrity?
The lawsuits still concern me, the legal bills concern me, however my local4, has about $450,000 in reserves. I do not know about the other locals. Anyone can sue you for anything anytime, they have to prove the metrics of their case. Like I said the majority of the membership, would have to request a new lawfirm. However if is proven that our Lawfirm actually proven their worth. Then I personally have to eat some deep dish Chicago stuffed crow pie! So in the end Swampy was right, and I was wrong. I honestly thought we were screwed like the Northwest guys.

The lawsuits still concern me, the legal bills concern me, however my local4, has about $450,000 in reserves. I do not know about the other locals. Anyone can sue you for anything anytime, they have to prove the metrics of their case. Like I said the majority of the membership, would have to request a new lawfirm. However if is proven that our Lawfirm actually proven their worth. Then I personally have to eat some deep dish Chicago stuffed crow pie! So in the end Swampy was right, and I was wrong. I honestly thought we were screwed like the Northwest guys.

Until you know for an absolute and verifiable fact that all of those Lawsuits have been dropped I wouldn’t even put the Crow in the oven just yet.

Again with the spotlight that SWA currently has on itself for Maintenance concerns it might not be wise to continue on with any suits against your Union?

And frankly with only 2400 of you and seeing you neutered with this agreement it just may not be worth it to try to sue you out of business and risk a larger Union taking over?

Until you know for an absolute and verifiable fact that all of those Lawsuits have been dropped I wouldn’t even put the Crow in the oven just yet.

Again with the spotlight that SWA currently has on itself for Maintenance concerns it might not be wise to continue on with any suits against your Union?

And frankly with only 2400 of you and seeing you neutered with this agreement it just may not be worth it to try to sue you out of business and risk a larger Union taking over?
I personally think we came to the conclusion that we maintained our scope, got our backpay, some improvements, and called it a day. The guys just wanted, to be made whole.

Reactions: swamt
I personally think we came to the conclusion that we maintained our scope, got our backpay, some improvements, and called it a day. The guys just wanted, to be made whole.

driver after 6 and a half years it had to be inevitable that they were going to wear you down. I’m not judging you guys when or if you ratify the deal.

There comes a time where you just have to stop trying to swim against the tide.

driver after 6 and a half years it had to be inevitable that they were going to wear you down. I’m not judging you guys when or if you ratify the deal.

There comes a time where you just have to stop trying to swim against the tide.
So when does that come for American, and what will the results be?

So when does that come for American, and what will the results be?

Who knows driver? I think sometimes you guys forget that we have 30,000 Members and multiple groups and new contracts are pretty much being built from scratch while you guys only have 2400 and I think are again going to be riding mostly that IBT deal you had before except for a few tiny modifications in language.

What was changed besides money? One Letter of Agreement?

Who knows driver? I think sometimes you guys forget that we have 30,000 Members and multiple groups and new contracts are pretty much being built from scratch while you guys only have 2400 and I think are again going to be riding mostly that IBT deal you had before except for a few tiny modifications in language.

What was changed besides money? One Letter of Agreement?
Layoff protections, can carry vacation over, never had that. Finally getting tech instructors contract language and lead pay, maintenance / controllers pay scale and work rules. Downline international rules for sending mechanics for complicated RII Repairs didn't want to send us at all. Rules for ETOPS work. New station opening rules, and one year notice before they can close it, with moving expenses. Me too clauses for improved health care/ or retirement of the other bargaining groups, excluding pilots on retirement. Plus other improvements. Early opener language, didn't have this in the 2009 contract.

If the American guys face what we did, I am sure they can use all the help they can get, and legal advice. We still don't know how the lawsuits will come out. I am sure if we ratify, and probably will, they will probably be dropped.
I doubt they will be dropped. But at this point I am hearing some conflicting info about the suits. It will get addressed at the meeting next week. And as promised, I will pass along the meeting info.

Reactions: B737 driver
I doubt they will be dropped. But at this point I am hearing some conflicting info about the suits. It will get addressed at the meeting next week. And as promised, I will pass along the meeting info.
Thanks man, survived my double shift.

Layoff protections, can carry vacation over, never had that. Finally getting tech instructors contract language and lead pay, maintenance / controllers pay scale and work rules. Downline international rules for sending mechanics for complicated RII Repairs didn't want to send us at all. Rules for ETOPS work. New station opening rules, and one year notice before they can close it, with moving expenses. Me too clauses for improved health care/ or retirement of the other bargaining groups, excluding pilots on retirement. Plus other improvements. Early opener language, didn't have this in the 2009 contract.
Plus more.
Or in the "teamsters" contract that weezal is saying we are still under. What a moron.
Any hoot, good news coming next week guys. Forget this weezal mofo trying to keep us down as he continues to wait for any kind of an agreement from his co.
I will still wait for the T/A and read all language before I pass my vote for or against.

Ok now you’re starting to make me smile here if I was one of you guys. Sounds to me like maybe you did get a little bit more than what was put out in that little AMFA brief mentioning basically only LOA 1.

So putting the base pay money and retro on the side for a moment and only talking about the language, do you like it?

Ok now you’re starting to make me smile here if I was one of you guys. Sounds to me like maybe you did get a little bit more than what was put out in that little AMFA brief mentioning basically only LOA 1.

So putting the base pay money and retro on the side for a moment and only talking about the language, do you like it?
Yes, I would like an extra week vacation, but that's what the trades are for, and floating your holidays. I am ready to close the book, and move on.

Yes, I would like an extra week vacation, but that's what the trades are for, and floating your holidays. I am ready to close the book, and move on.
This is why no one listens to him, he has no clue about what he is talking about.
He has no clue what we already T/A'd on previously. The info is out there for him to read and see if he so chooses. He's so upset that AMFA has come to an agreement, he was wanting AMFA to fail so bad and it backfired on him.
I too wanted that extra week of vac., maybe next time huh? Also would like to see some language to encourage early retirement if possible. Health caps would be another area to visit.
Kinda quiet since last Fri. announcement. Hoping to hear something by the meeting this week.
Anything from your end up north there out of your local?

Reactions: B737 driver
This is why no one listens to him, he has no clue about what he is talking about.
He has no clue what we already T/A'd on previously. The info is out there for him to read and see if he so chooses. He's so upset that AMFA has come to an agreement, he was wanting AMFA to fail so bad and it backfired on him.
I too wanted that extra week of vac., maybe next time huh? Also would like to see some language to encourage early retirement if possible. Health caps would be another area to visit.
Kinda quiet since last Fri. announcement. Hoping to hear something by the meeting this week.
Anything from your end up north there out of your local?
They recommend the agreement, I would say most are happy. Still waiting on the full language of T/A to read. So that's about it. I see the stores ratified their contract. Third time is the charm.

Last edited:

Latest posts