WN Mechanics seek mediation

At least one. Me, that shop steward. From years ago.
Then I will throw it at you.
How do you describe the dealings you might have had with Mr. Kinder in the past at ALK.
I must say he came here, walked the hangars, and delivered on his promises. We haven't seen anything like that in 7 years from two of our NC's. He was also the one to get the SOE lifted prior to going into nego's as he promised. A man of his words. Besides all that he came in and got an AIP, soon to be T/A, after a long winded 3-5 days, including going back into it over the weekend after not shutting it down until 3:45AM overnight on Fri.
We have never seen such an effort from our previous co. negotiators. I will say I was impressed by his efforts and soon we will all see the results.

Reactions: B737 driver
No new news here as far as our AIP-T/A is concerned. But at least most of it is done and being written as we speak.
Wanted to shout out to our fellow ALK mechanics, wishing you guys luck on a new merger contract soon. I hope you guys do not end up at an impasse.
Below is the ND update for March 2019;

National Director's March 2019 Update
April 1, 2019 -- The National Executive Council (NEC) continues our efforts to achieve the best communication practices to reach our membership. Tools are in place for our members to acquire the latest news and updates regarding current events throughout the Association. In addition to our website and AMFA App push notification, we are using social media to increase visibility via Facebook and Twitter. The NEC also continues to conduct station and GMM visits throughout the system at both Alaska Airlines (AS) and Southwest Airlines (SWA) locations. Thank you for your continued support in this communication campaign.
Read More

No new news here as far as our AIP-T/A is concerned. But at least most of it is done and being written as we speak.
Wanted to shout out to our fellow ALK mechanics, wishing you guys luck on a new merger contract soon. I hope you guys do not end up at an impasse.
Below is the ND update for March 2019;

National Director's March 2019 Update
April 1, 2019 -- The National Executive Council (NEC) continues our efforts to achieve the best communication practices to reach our membership. Tools are in place for our members to acquire the latest news and updates regarding current events throughout the Association. In addition to our website and AMFA App push notification, we are using social media to increase visibility via Facebook and Twitter. The NEC also continues to conduct station and GMM visits throughout the system at both Alaska Airlines (AS) and Southwest Airlines (SWA) locations. Thank you for your continued support in this communication campaign.
Read More
Just put out an email Swampy we have an Official T/A.

Yea. I saw that today at work. Good news huh?
Did you read the changes? We got even more than I thought we did. More vac options, day trade options, sick options, funeral leave options etc...
Read thru it and let me know what you think. At this point I think I like it. Need to refresh a bit (a lot of changes to read thru and take in) but so far so good in my mind. Pay is as expected, 20% snap up, 3% per year on outgoing years, bringing a total of 35% over the life of the new contract. Also an increase in longevity from 1.30 to 1.75 for 15 years. Also an increase of .50 per lic prem. and increases in shift differentials of more per eves and graves. Wrap all that into the total % and the overall looks pretty darn good. So with the bump in long., lic., and shift diff., of .45, .50, and .08, besides the 35% increase we are also looking at $1.53 per hour increases as well. I think this offer of raises on these three hourly increases come also to 3% on top of the 35% overall. Am I wrong? That is the math I come up with, so pls correct me if I am wrong, about 38% total overall increases.
Just glad we finally have a T/A. Here's the "joint" release of the T/A. If viewers want to see the actual T/A and their changes, click on the "click here" and it will take you there...

Joint Memo: Tentative Agreement Finalized
April 2, 2019 -- Following our announcement that we reached an Agreement in Principle on March 16, our Teams have been working to finalize the contractual language into an official Tentative Agreement (TA). We are happy to report that work is complete, and the TA is ready for your review.

Download: 20190402_Joint_Memo_re_TA_Finalized.pdf
Read More

Yea. I saw that today at work. Good news huh?
Did you read the changes? We got even more than I thought we did. More vac options, day trade options, sick options, funeral leave options etc...
Read thru it and let me know what you think. At this point I think I like it. Need to refresh a bit (a lot of changes to read thru and take in) but so far so good in my mind. Pay is as expected, 20% snap up, 3% per year on outgoing years, bringing a total of 35% over the life of the new contract. Also an increase in longevity from 1.30 to 1.75 for 15 years. Also an increase of .50 per lic prem. and increases in shift differentials of more per eves and graves. Wrap all that into the total % and the overall looks pretty darn good. So with the bump in long., lic., and shift diff., of .45, .50, and .08, besides the 35% increase we are also looking at $1.53 per hour increases as well. I think this offer of raises on these three hourly increases come also to 3% on top of the 35% overall. Am I wrong? That is the math I come up with, so pls correct me if I am wrong, about 38% total overall increases.
Just glad we finally have a T/A. Here's the "joint" release of the T/A. If viewers want to see the actual T/A and their changes, click on the "click here" and it will take you there...

Joint Memo: Tentative Agreement Finalized
April 2, 2019 -- Following our announcement that we reached an Agreement in Principle on March 16, our Teams have been working to finalize the contractual language into an official Tentative Agreement (TA). We are happy to report that work is complete, and the TA is ready for your review.

Download: 20190402_Joint_Memo_re_TA_Finalized.pdf
Read More
We did good swampy we maintained scope 2, you guys have all the bid postions, we will attract some talent with the pay increase, and we got our back pay. I see why that had no problem recommending this. MDW is happy.

We did good swampy we maintained scope 2, you guys have all the bid postions, we will attract some talent with the pay increase, and we got our back pay. I see why that had no problem recommending this. MDW is happy.
Yes, completely maintained scope 2, LOA 1 stays and even adds some protections, LOA 2 also stays in contract. These were 3 very biggies on my list. Very happy to see we gained International Downlines.
Am I reading LOA 4 correctly? The co. has to pay us retro within 30 days of DOS?? I may have read that wrong the first time, I will revisit tonight when back at work.
I know it's still fresh but hearing positive thoughts this time around on the floor so far.
I expect to start voting by April 10th, give or take, maybe even start the week of 15th and take it thru May 10th would be 4 weeks. ALR did say they may only run the vote for 3 weeks to try and get it done sooner so we will see. I expect no later than May 15 now can be reasonable. Hopefully NO snags with the economics in payroll rollout to the union economist and again back to the co.

Hey driver, forgot to mention I think. Was told at the union meeting that the retro, back pay and bonus checks will all be 401K and profit sharing eligible. I think I will jack up my % to take advantage of the "catch up" program and max it out so to pay my full SS taxes early this year. Would help a bit on the taxes as well with the large checks coming. If I did mention it already forgive me. A lot of info as of late going thru my brain...

Hey driver, forgot to mention I think. Was told at the union meeting that the retro, back pay and bonus checks will all be 401K and profit sharing eligible. I think I will jack up my % to take advantage of the "catch up" program and max it out so to pay my full SS taxes early this year. Would help a bit on the taxes as well with the large checks coming. If I did mention it already forgive me. A lot of info as of late going thru my brain...
It is, don't worry about it, go to Humperdink's and enjoy a beer! :)

Hot off the press boys. Happy reading...

Press Release: AMFA and Southwest Airlines Reach Tentative Agreement For Aircraft Maintenance Technicians
April 3, 2019 – After almost seven years of negotiations, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) and Southwest Airlines (SWA) announced a tentative agreement (TA) on a proposed contract for the airline’s Aircraft Maintenance Technicians. The TA includes significant pay increases, headcount protections, and job protection provisions.
Read More

Thanks Swampy for the great update. I think timing, circumstances and some luck finally fell on our craft. Looking forward to the TA in my hands and if all that I've heard and see as in above rings true, I can certainly live with this. Only thing that would make me any more pleased would be 3 (1 way) departures. Van/Lan/Greedy
Hey DGAF, who was that in compliance I saw was retiring, I deleted the email. Was he on your wish list?

Hey DGAF, who was that in compliance I saw was retiring, I deleted the email. Was he on your wish list?
Are you referring to Jim Sturgis? 7 year employee I think. He was the latest I saw yesterday but deleted it already. I have no clue if he was in compliance or not.