WN Mechanics seek mediation

Sounds like L.N. may be on his way out.
I think he is driver, but, I still say it will come later as NOT to lead to the "mechanics" getting him ousted. But we will all see later in time... KK for our new VP of maint.? Could it be?? I would hope so...

I think he is driver, but, I still say it will come later as NOT to lead to the "mechanics" getting him ousted. But we will all see later in time... KK for our new VP of maint.? Could it be?? I would hope so...
Kurt is a standup guy that we have needed since Jim left . Well Swampy I can proudly wear my AMFA hat, and retire my Teamsters jacket. Here's to May 21 st!

Last edited:
Kirk is a standup guy that we have needed since Jim left . Well Swampy I can proudly wear my AMFA hat, and retire my Teamsters jacket. Here's to May 21 st!
Yes he is. He has followed through with everything he said he would. It makes a world of difference having someone with his mechanic life still in his heart and it shows with this man, proudly.

And speaking of Kinder; The Alaska mechanics just brought up an issue that Kinder nego at the Alaska table in the ALK/Virgin/AMFA update for their JCBA contract;

"We asked Ms. von Muehlen if the Company planned to include an updated letter to agree in writing – as Kurt Kinder previously wrote – that if this Transition Agreement passes, to bring back the Airbus outsourced maintenance of “A” check and below to be worked by AMFA represented technicians as Mr. Kinder stated to this Negotiating Committee and to our members."

This just tells me they really do trust what he says, and, he is willing to put things in writing, not just verbal. Here's the entire update for those interested, awaiting the co.'s reponse...

AMFA-ASA Virgin America Transition Agreement Discussions Update #8
April 30, 2019 -- AMFA and Alaska Airlines met in Seattle, WA on April 25, 2019, for a short session to discuss an Alaska Airlines – Virgin America Transition Agreement. The Company began by stating they didn’t want to see a line drawn down the middle of the breakrooms separating the Airbus and Boeing Technician workgroups. They also told us “to get more money for more time.”
Read More

Yes he is. He has followed through with everything he said he would. It makes a world of difference having someone with his mechanic life still in his heart and it shows with this man, proudly.

And speaking of Kinder; The Alaska mechanics just brought up an issue that Kinder nego at the Alaska table in the ALK/Virgin/AMFA update for their JCBA contract;

"We asked Ms. von Muehlen if the Company planned to include an updated letter to agree in writing – as Kurt Kinder previously wrote – that if this Transition Agreement passes, to bring back the Airbus outsourced maintenance of “A” check and below to be worked by AMFA represented technicians as Mr. Kinder stated to this Negotiating Committee and to our members."

This just tells me they really do trust what he says, and, he is willing to put things in writing, not just verbal. Here's the entire update for those interested, awaiting the co.'s reponse...

AMFA-ASA Virgin America Transition Agreement Discussions Update #8
April 30, 2019 -- AMFA and Alaska Airlines met in Seattle, WA on April 25, 2019, for a short session to discuss an Alaska Airlines – Virgin America Transition Agreement. The Company began by stating they didn’t want to see a line drawn down the middle of the breakrooms separating the Airbus and Boeing Technician workgroups. They also told us “to get more money for more time.”
Read More
Swampy sent you a private message on a copy of an email from rhe union on our retro payments. Enjoy your weekend.

Is there any word or update on when the numbers are going to be released? Is the 5th still looking like the latest? People are starting to get a little restless and there's some nervous talk going on.

Is there any word or update on when the numbers are going to be released? Is the 5th still looking like the latest? People are starting to get a little restless and there's some nervous talk going on.

Yea, I read that same update. Nothing new in my opinion. They are still working on it. Well, how long does it take?
Crew said by the 5th., and we have heard now by the 7th. So probably some time next week, I guess. These dates keep getting pushed out further and further.
I will vote NO if I do not have the entire info. I need to vote. NEVER would I ever vote for something I know nothing about, right? People have been dealing with all the promises in the past from the co. and been bam-woozled. So not trusting with all these delays of the retro numbers coming out. Speed it up folks, or get it voted down. Getting a bit tired of the waiting myself, and I am patient. Send the emails SWA!!!

Our economist is only 1 guy doing all the math for all ~2500+ people. Last time he had the added time of road shows, etc to get a head start on figuring it all out. We’ll have the numbers before the voting ends. If you feel the need to wait, then wait. Cut the guy some slack, he’s doing his best. We’ve waited almost 7 years - a few more days won’t kill ya.

Yea, I read that same update. Nothing new in my opinion. They are still working on it. Well, how long does it take?
Crew said by the 5th., and we have heard now by the 7th. So probably some time next week, I guess. These dates keep getting pushed out further and further.
I will vote NO if I do not have the entire info. I need to vote. NEVER would I ever vote for something I know nothing about, right? People have been dealing with all the promises in the past from the co. and been bam-woozled. So not trusting with all these delays of the retro numbers coming out. Speed it up folks, or get it voted down. Getting a bit tired of the waiting myself, and I am patient. Send the emails SWA!!!
I sent you the email I saw someone made a copy of Swampy, I believe this was from Dan, take care. It was sent from a smart phone.

Our economist is only 1 guy doing all the math for all ~2500+ people. Last time he had the added time of road shows, etc to get a head start on figuring it all out. We’ll have the numbers before the voting ends. If you feel the need to wait, then wait. Cut the guy some slack, he’s doing his best. We’ve waited almost 7 years - a few more days won’t kill ya.
Peter is our economist there are basically two pots of money . Pot A is your full retro that 145.5 million is for all the retired, deceased, and mechanics still working that is like 2800 guys since 2012. That list is done. Pot B is the 14.5 million for the guys active on property. Peter found people on that list that were retired, or went to management , or were fired before passing probation. The company will correct the list by this Friday and send it back to Peter our economist. Then the emails should be sent by the 7th. If ratified the money will be paid 60 days after ratification. Our negotiating committee worked very hard on this agreement and no one is going to get screwed. The union AMFA is trying to get our money to us sooner if we ratify by getting the vote done sooner, because people bitched and moaned how long it took last time, including me. I already voted yes, I know I am getting more than I would last time. When you have a small union, you only have so many staff. So I trust my union, and that's good enough for me.

As I stated I've already voted to approve this TA as there is no other logical choice. It does seem a little strange that the company announced our last TA on June 27 2018 including this statement, "In the coming weeks, Southwest will send you a letter specifying the exact amount of the Ratification Bonus you will receive if the agreement is ratified", and we had those emails by July 11th. It appears the union was not involved in the calculation of the first RB and makes me wonder if they were indeed accurate.

As I stated I've already voted to approve this TA as there is no other logical choice. It does seem a little strange that the company announced our last TA on June 27 2018 including this statement, "In the coming weeks, Southwest will send you a letter specifying the exact amount of the Ratification Bonus you will receive if the agreement is ratified", and we had those emails by July 11th. It appears the union was not involved in the calculation of the first RB and makes me wonder if they were indeed accurate.
Birdman the first was simple that was one bonus of 91-million with one list. This extra bonus of the 14.5 million was only for active employees as of March 31, 2019. When Peter was doing his audit he found people that shouldn't be on there. The company is supposed to send the corrections today. That extra 14.5 million is based on the number of days people were on the property since Aug 16, 2012. Let's just be patient , but you are right we need to approve this, there isn't an alternative , and our own Union endorsed it. But everyone has to vote how they see fit.

Ok. Thanks for all info.
I apologize to all on here as well as Peter. Last night we were told that the co. was dragging their feet on this RB issue, but now appears that info was incorrect.
I guess I was also thinking it would go a bit faster as the last RB was already figured basically with the last offer and only had to adjust. But now understanding better, that the economist is double checking this time around due to all the flaws in the last one plus added numbers and time frame.
And yes Birdman, I too remembered getting the email rather quickly last time too.
Also thanks to you guys for bringing me back to reality. I guess my patients are getting challenged a bit after waiting 7 long years for all this to be done and over with.
A final note or thought. I do know we would not have the offer we have in front of us without our economist, Peter. Nor would we have full retro coming to us. So a big THANK YOU shout out to Peter and all the guys that have and still are working on this agreement...

Birdman the first was simple that was one bonus of 91-million with one list. This extra bonus of the 14.5 million was only for active employees as of March 31, 2019. When Peter was doing his audit he found people that shouldn't be on there. The company is supposed to send the corrections today. That extra 14.5 million is based on the number of days people were on the property since Aug 16, 2012. Let's just be patient , but you are right we need to approve this, there isn't an alternative , and our own Union endorsed it. But everyone has to vote how they see fit.
I'll take the blame for starting it.
My post answering him and Crew was a bit harsh last night and for the wrong info that we had last night.
My post might have added to his frustrations too, so blame me for starting it.

Latest posts