WN Mechanics seek mediation

You know the thing that pisses me off with that attitude and that seniority level is I started in MDW, many years ago and the probation is a damned red carpet picnic now. I'm sorry, I would challenge anyone who started in the last 5 years compared to the crap we went through. Hell, I remember, after everything, and I mean everything was done, being a slave to everyone, carts cleaned up, NIT and O2 serviced up, training was up to date, you got to clean the vehicles, just to stay and look busy. Lord help you, if you were caught watching tv, on your way through the shop, and lunch, yeah, that was called wolfing down a sandwhich on your way to the next airplane. I've seen guys now asleep on the couch on probation. My eval would of been thrown in the shitcan if I was caught even thinking of sitting on the couch while on probation.
Amen brother! I hear ya. Did mine in big "D". Hard to fit in when there's hundreds of the old guys watching a couple of us. I remember whipping tools clean while they took their breaks. God forbid you left one ounce of hydro on any of their tools. Looking back now, probation was freakin hard, and as you state, it's like a Holiday Inn now. Pathetic. Remember "probie dinners"? Haven't seen one of those in freakin years!!! Maybe soon as we are hearing of Dallas new hires coming in if this contract goes thru. All that sissy crap better change if we start hiring in Dallas again.

You know the thing that pisses me off with that attitude and that seniority level is I started in MDW, many years ago and the probation is a damned red carpet picnic now. I'm sorry, I would challenge anyone who started in the last 5 years compared to the crap we went through. Hell, I remember, after everything, and I mean everything was done, being a slave to everyone, carts cleaned up, NIT and O2 serviced up, training was up to date, you got to clean the vehicles, just to stay and look busy. Lord help you, if you were caught watching tv, on your way through the shop, and lunch, yeah, that was called wolfing down a sandwhich on your way to the next airplane. I've seen guys now asleep on the couch on probation. My eval would of been thrown in the shitcan if I was caught even thinking of sitting on the couch while on probation.
I remember not even being able to eat in the break room on probation, and I came from Morris Air. The work never stopped. Now these guys sleep, the sups will let day trade once they are past like four months. When they cry about not getting what I waited 7 years for, I just tell them I don't want to hear it. Because they got a raise this whole time. If it would have passed last year, they would have gotten a bigger raise. And now they can thank the No voters last year, for getting an even bigger raise this year. Speaking of MDW guys be careful my friend could have gotten hurt really bad, but is o.k., thank God. Take your time , I as your lead would hate to call your wife and tell them you are in the hospital , or worse dead. These Airplanes are unforgiving, be safe.

Reactions: swamt
I remember not even being able to eat in the break room on probation, and I came from Morris Air. The work never stopped. Now these guys sleep, the sups will let day trade once they are past like four months. When they cry about not getting what I waited 7 years for, I just tell them I don't want to hear it. Because they got a raise this whole time. If it would have passed last year, they would have gotten a bigger raise. And now they can thank the No voters last year, for getting an even bigger raise this year. Speaking of MDW guys be careful my friend could have gotten hurt really bad, but is o.k., thank God. Take your time , I as your lead would hate to call your wife and tell them you are in the hospital , or worse dead. These Airplanes are unforgiving, be safe.
I can’t believe probation at midway is like that now! I remember when I did mine there it was no fun! Do they even fill the alcoves or check tire carts or anything!?

I can’t believe probation at midway is like that now! I remember when I did mine there it was no fun! Do they even fill the alcoves or check tire carts or anything!?
They check the carts and still do the alcoves, but it's like let's not create harassment nowdays, not like when we were probbies!

They check the carts and still do the alcoves, but it's like let's not create harassment nowdays, not like when we were probbies!

Bunch of snowflake pussies now days.
All I got to say is, "bring the probation back in Dallas!!!" Screw the politically correct, WE have to work with these guys (possibly) for the next 30 years or more (not me, but you get it) Let's get back to the "good ole days", let them report us, a good manager, from the floor, will take care of it all IF the time comes, because most guys coming in will deal with it in order to work here as a career. The ones that complain, *****, mone and whine probably don't have what it takes to make probation so they take their next best option in order to try and stay. If they are not mechanically inclined, OR have the tude to learn it, we don't need them, period...

Bunch of snowflake pussies now days.
All I got to say is, "bring the probation back in Dallas!!!" Screw the politically correct, WE have to work with these guys (possibly) for the next 30 years or more (not me, but you get it) Let's get back to the "good ole days", let them report us, a good manager, from the floor, will take care of it all IF the time comes, because most guys coming in will deal with it in order to work here as a career. The ones that complain, *****, mone and whine probably don't have what it takes to make probation so they take their next best option in order to try and stay. If they are not mechanically inclined, OR have the tude to learn it, we don't need them, period...
I got some guys that are great especially the ones that came through the apprentice program, and others, I ask myself, how did they pass probation?. I always try to take care of my Friday guys. We have guys with over 10 years on the line, no taxi, no cat 3, can't t/s worth a crap. I feel sorry for all the airlines, when this is what they get.

I got some guys that are great especially the ones that came through the apprentice program, and others, I ask myself, how did they pass probation?. I always try to take care of my Friday guys. We have guys with over 10 years on the line, no taxi, no cat 3, can't t/s worth a crap. I feel sorry for all the airlines, when this is what they get.
Yes. You are right. I did not mean to overlook the great mechanics that have evolved through our Apprentice Program as well as regular hires off the street, from other airlines etc...
hey why not take care of the Fri guys, the office people do it each and every single Fri. starting at anytime after lunch. Parking lot is basically empty on Fri afternoons.

Yes. You are right. I did not mean to overlook the great mechanics that have evolved through our Apprentice Program as well as regular hires off the street, from other airlines etc...
hey why not take care of the Fri guys, the office people do it each and every single Fri. starting at anytime after lunch. Parking lot is basically empty on Fri afternoons.
You guys in Dallas will be going like gangbusters, once these Maxs come back. One week to go, on the vote.

You guys in Dallas will be going like gangbusters, once these Maxs come back. One week to go, on the vote.
I hope so. And some of us are also hoping to get some of that o/t that is suppose to come back finally.
I think the lift will come in July and then SWA is planning an Aug. return to service I do believe. You hearing any different?
Wow! Only a week. That went fast. Cheers to a new contract...

I hope so. And some of us are also hoping to get some of that o/t that is suppose to come back finally.
I think the lift will come in July and then SWA is planning an Aug. return to service I do believe. You hearing any different?
Wow! Only a week. That went fast. Cheers to a new contract...
Once the FAA lifts the grounding on the Max they will send people out to Victorville, unpickel the airplanes, fly back to hangar stations 6 stations, and run them nose to tail to do the maintenance task cards, then slowly reintroduce them as spares. Plus you have the new Max deliveries from Boeing, the Max 7 , & Max 8. Plus all the normal line work, and C checks.

Once the FAA lifts the grounding on the Max they will send people out to Victorville, unpickel the airplanes, fly back to hangar stations 6 stations, and run them nose to tail to do the maintenance task cards, then slowly reintroduce them as spares. Plus you have the new Max deliveries from Boeing, the Max 7 , & Max 8. Plus all the normal line work, and C checks.
Sounds great to me. Bring on the O/T.
Found this article this morning on the new hangars being built in Denver. The guys in Denver are extremely pleased about this. Working out of that old rented hangar is for the birds. Soon we will have our own. A big welcome for sure. Nice to see more growth and expansion for maint. This will make our 7th station with hangars and still growing. There are others that haven't opened up as of yet too.
I have also heard we will be hiring for Hou and DEN once both hangars are completed.

Southwest CEO at Denver shareholder meeting says he'd 'love to' fly 737 Max again

Sounds great to me. Bring on the O/T.
Found this article this morning on the new hangars being built in Denver. The guys in Denver are extremely pleased about this. Working out of that old rented hangar is for the birds. Soon we will have our own. A big welcome for sure. Nice to see more growth and expansion for maint. This will make our 7th station with hangars and still growing. There are others that haven't opened up as of yet too.
I have also heard we will be hiring for Hou and DEN once both hangars are completed.

Southwest CEO at Denver shareholder meeting says he'd 'love to' fly 737 Max again
Yep must make poor weazz squirming. BWI trying to get a hangar built, city of Baltimore dragging their feet. SWA is the biggest operator in BWI. I have my AMFA local 4 meeting tomorrow in Chicago. Here is to next Tuesday, Swampy! :)

Yep must make poor weazz squirming. BWI trying to get a hangar built, city of Baltimore dragging their feet. SWA is the biggest operator in BWI. I have my AMFA local 4 meeting tomorrow in Chicago. Here is to next Tuesday, Swampy! :)
Fill me in on your meeting. In BWI, SWA will more than likely get what they want. It may just take a bit more nego's is all. SWA put BWI on the map.

Fill me in on your meeting. In BWI, SWA will more than likely get what they want. It may just take a bit more nego's is all. SWA put BWI on the map.
It went well they expect it to pass. The local presidents meet with Kinder every 3 months to work on the company and AMFA relationship. Because Alaska Airlines didn't have these problems. It was mentioned that Landon wanted AMFA off SWA property and tried to drive it that way. Kinder wants to change that. Also when our new wages will kick in, with the company and when the retro will be paid. So they are working with that with the company.

It went well they expect it to pass. The local presidents meet with Kinder every 3 months to work on the company and AMFA relationship. Because Alaska Airlines didn't have these problems. It was mentioned that Landon wanted AMFA off SWA property and tried to drive it that way. Kinder wants to change that. Also when our new wages will kick in, with the company and when the retro will be paid. So they are working with that with the company.
We had always heard June 5th paycheck, has something changed? I saw some email floating around (don’t even know if it’s real) saying August 5th check. Seems pretty lengthy. The only thing we know for sure is our retro within 30 days.