WN Mechanics seek mediation

I just saw the company email the big payout will be June 20 th or 21 st. Our Back pay from April 1 st will be paid out, with our new pay rates on the August 5 th check, so a nice check on August 5th.
Yea, me too driver. First retro on the 20th or maybe 21st as you stated, then retro from April 1st-July 31st will appear on our Aug 5th check. Then just 11 days later we will get another raise of 3% on Aug 16th contractual date. Then we will wait for the long winded retro part of the rest of our share after the results of the termination decisions. No biggie, as the Aug 5th retro will just be bigger, and the guys have a chance now to make it even larger if they want to. They could work O/T now until July 31st to get a larger retro check. All is still good, not a huge disappointment. Just a bit longer wait than we all thought.
Side note; Only found 1 article all day, after ratified, by an overwhelming almost 95% YES vote.
Now that we are done, I hope the AA mechanics will get theirs soon as well. Here's to moving forward and moving on...
EDIT: Forgot to throw this out there:

Yea, me too driver. First retro on the 20th or maybe 21st as you stated, then retro from April 1st-July 31st will appear on our Aug 5th check. Then just 11 days later we will get another raise of 3% on Aug 16th contractual date. Then we will wait for the long winded retro part of the rest of our share after the results of the termination decisions. No biggie, as the Aug 5th retro will just be bigger, and the guys have a chance now to make it even larger if they want to. They could work O/T now until July 31st to get a larger retro check. All is still good, not a huge disappointment. Just a bit longer wait than we all thought.
Side note; Only found 1 article all day, after ratified, by an overwhelming almost 95% YES vote.
Now that we are done, I hope the AA mechanics will get theirs soon as well. Here's to moving forward and moving on...
EDIT: Forgot to throw this out there:

Swampy I think that is really for, so they don't pay that all out in the second quarter.

Reactions: swamt
It's been a long time coming. Congratulations to all of you!

Sharon
Thank you Sharon. Just disappointed that we now own the record for taking the longest at Southwest for a new contract. But hopefully it will send a message to the company about all other groups at Southwest. We employees will band together and demand we all be treated with respect and professionalism while in contract nego's. So we can only hope the companies attitudes will change going into the Pilots and F/A's contract talks.

Congratulations, guys and gals. Job well done, and you held out until it was right. It will be interesting to see how long it takes AA to reach an agreement.
Thanks to you you too Jim. I think we will see the AA'ers go longer than we did as they have more hills to climb than we did. Especially with this two part union representing them that just keep up the infighting and the back and forth of who is in control or not.

Swampy I think that is really for, so they don't pay that all out in the second quarter.
Could very well be. Pay the biggie retro in 2nd Q then pay the next biggie in 3rd as well as the snap up and raises. 2Q will still take another hit from the Max's too so probably a good idea to split up the payouts.

Now even the media is putting AA'ers in the same boat as us before.
Thanks to Mr. Kinder who came in and got it done. McCrady sends all the emails out, but we all know it was Kinder who came in and got it done. I expect future big things coming out of him.
KINDER FOR SENIOR VP OF MAINT!!! That has a ring to it...

Business Zacks
Southwest Ends Mechanics Row, Ratifies Contract With AMFA

Happy AMT Day to all!!!

STATEMENTS & RELEASES

Presidential Message on Aviation Maintenance Technician Day
INFRASTRUCTURE & TECHNOLOGY

Issued on: May 24, 2019

ALL NEWS
Each day, millions of Americans rely on our Nation’s strong aviation infrastructure to travel and do business. On Aviation Maintenance Technician Day, we acknowledge the thousands of hardworking men and women who help ensure the safety, security, and reliability of the aviation industry.

Our country’s storied history of flight is a testament to the innovative spirit and industriousness of the American people. Today, we honor a talented man who exemplified these traits—Charles Edward Taylor. Often referred to as the “Father of Aviation Maintenance,” Charles served as a mechanic for Orville and Wilbur Wright and was a pioneer in the aviation industry, making fundamental contributions to the building of the engine used to help man achieve powered flight.

My Administration is committed to helping expand opportunities for our country’s hardworking men and women to develop the skills to succeed in technical careers. Last December, the National Science and Technology Council’s Committee on STEM Education released the Federal five-year STEM education strategic plan for incorporating the most advanced resources and research into educating and training our future workforce. I also signed into law a reauthorization of the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act to provide career-focused training and education to nearly 12 million students and workers. Additionally, I established the National Council for the American Worker to expand apprenticeships and encourage investment in worker education.

Today, we express our gratitude to the men and women who carry on our Nation’s legacy of aviation and work diligently to ensure our aircraft continue operating at the standard of excellence synonymous with American industry. Looking forward, my Administration will continue to prioritize offering the next generation of technicians, mechanics, and engineers every opportunity to succeed and preserve our country’s status as the world’s leader in aviation technology and industry.

Now even the media is putting AA'ers in the same boat as us before.
Thanks to Mr. Kinder who came in and got it done. McCrady sends all the emails out, but we all know it was Kinder who came in and got it done. I expect future big things coming out of him.
KINDER FOR SENIOR VP OF MAINT!!! That has a ring to it...

Business Zacks
Southwest Ends Mechanics Row, Ratifies Contract With AMFA
Everyone have a safe Memorial Day, and if you lost anyone in the service, may this be a special day in your heart. Remember who sacrificed everything ,so you can be free!

Thank you Sharon. Just disappointed that we now own the record for taking the longest at Southwest for a new contract. But hopefully it will send a message to the company about all other groups at Southwest. We employees will band together and demand we all be treated with respect and professionalism while in contract nego's. So we can only hope the companies attitudes will change going into the Pilots and F/A's contract talks.
Hi swamt, Kudos to the Southwest Mechanics and AMFA for holding out for a better TA with
better scope and salary.during negotiations. I too hope all of the other groups do the same.

Hi swamt, Kudos to the Southwest Mechanics and AMFA for holding out for a better TA with
better scope and salary.during negotiations. I too hope all of the other groups do the same.
Thanks Sharon. Pretty sure the other groups will as long as they keep it real and UN-greedy. As long as we all stay reasonable and logical, it will all come to trution.
So freaking glad this is over with and done with. Time to move on and keep making great profits for everyone.

I just read your TA. Nice job ! ..The company used the rules of Railway Labor Act to drag this out for years and try and wear you down but you guys hung in there and didn't give up...Hope that sends a message to other groups and to the airlines. Congrats..

I just read your TA. Nice job ! ..The company used the rules of Railway Labor Act to drag this out for years and try and wear you down but you guys hung in there and didn't give up...Hope that sends a message to other groups and to the airlines. Congrats..
Thank you lineguy. Some other added bonuses are in there as well. Vac additions, day trade additions, premium positions additions, QOL issue added and increased etc. A lot more than the normal biggie stuff up front, in the middle and of course rounding out the end.
AMFA was being watched like a hawk on this one. They were challenged from the very start of this go round as to what they can really produce in a sec 6 nego's at SWA. (even though it was not the first sec 6 as some have try to state. And as you well know, kept bringing up the ole NWA fiasco as the only thing negative towards AMFA. Just wanted to throw out to you a thank you as well, for hanging around and keeping the truth rolling about the NWA facts and fighting off all the lies and misinformation about what really happened at NWA way back when. And I will add, it was a pleasure to walk the picket lines with the men and women of NWA, proud to have been a part of that indeed.
Now that AMFA has been successful at SWA, and currently doing very well in the Alaska nego's, with many progressions added and changes of QOL issues so far, pretty sure the AMFA watch crowd will be pleased, and hopefully it will help AMFA grow in the industry again. I really hope the AA'ers are successful with AMFA but just not sure if it could happen now that the merger with LUS is done with the added industrial union on their side.
Again lineguy, thanks for the kind words and staying involved with the industry, cheers...

Thank you lineguy. Some other added bonuses are in there as well. Vac additions, day trade additions, premium positions additions, QOL issue added and increased etc. A lot more than the normal biggie stuff up front, in the middle and of course rounding out the end.
AMFA was being watched like a hawk on this one. They were challenged from the very start of this go round as to what they can really produce in a sec 6 nego's at SWA. (even though it was not the first sec 6 as some have try to state. And as you well know, kept bringing up the ole NWA fiasco as the only thing negative towards AMFA. Just wanted to throw out to you a thank you as well, for hanging around and keeping the truth rolling about the NWA facts and fighting off all the lies and misinformation about what really happened at NWA way back when. And I will add, it was a pleasure to walk the picket lines with the men and women of NWA, proud to have been a part of that indeed.
Now that AMFA has been successful at SWA, and currently doing very well in the Alaska nego's, with many progressions added and changes of QOL issues so far, pretty sure the AMFA watch crowd will be pleased, and hopefully it will help AMFA grow in the industry again. I really hope the AA'ers are successful with AMFA but just not sure if it could happen now that the merger with LUS is done with the added industrial union on their side.
Again lineguy, thanks for the kind words and staying involved with the industry, cheers...
American best bet get a JCBA , then you might be able to have a card drive that could pass.

Latest posts