WN Mechanics seek mediation

There are mechanics putting their lives on hold , waiting to see what happens, I have friends who were at other Airlines, and hopes this doesn't blow up in our face and end up like a Northwest situation, it is just frustrating, but if you think the negotiating committee can survive just going on and on for years, and nothing happen, people will not stand for it, just trying to make a point !

SWAMT will gladly and happily have you waiting it out till 2027 and still sing the praises of his AMFA baby.

The man's a pure Lemming.

You would have to replace the LOAs , put in the contract language to protect all current head count at their current bid locations and shops, and shifts line, line Ron, C check ect, instead of an LOA, try to get the fifth line and see what you can trade without giving up the farm !

Agree with you here, but we will not see the company move just like before. I expect nothing different from their 2016 pass. The company has a history of not moving one iota, what makes anyone think that will change come the 17th? I can assure you there will not be a T/A out of this next 3 day negotiations because the company is not willing to move. The NC does in fact want to come to a T/A, it's the company that is not moving, the NC has already made several moves towards the company's wishes and they have not moved once. It's their turn to make a move but I expect nothing but another waste of time.

SWAMT will gladly and happily have you waiting it out till 2027 and still sing the praises of his AMFA baby.

The man's a pure Lemming.
Speaking of lemmings, the TWu members at AA have lived under record setting concessions for 14 years. The SWA 5 year company stall is no comparison, none, to the TWu drubbing we received in 2003 and still live under today.

You hit your head in the cargo bin one too many times. Your delusional at best.

Agree with you here, but we will not see the company move just like before. I expect nothing different from their 2016 pass. The company has a history of not moving one iota, what makes anyone think that will change come the 17th? I can assure you there will not be a T/A out of this next 3 day negotiations because the company is not willing to move. The NC does in fact want to come to a T/A, it's the company that is not moving, the NC has already made several moves towards the company's wishes and they have not moved once. It's their turn to make a move but I expect nothing but another waste of time.
It's a waiting game, the company knows no one will walk away from a job with our wages, and benefits, so they just wait till everyone gets pissed off, and then boom a deal gets done for AMFA survival!

Speaking of lemmings, the TWu members at AA have lived under record setting concessions for 14 years. The SWA 5 year company stall is no comparison, none, to the TWu drubbing we received in 2003 and still live under today.

You hit your head in the cargo bin one too many times. Your delusional at best.

I'll bet $20 Bucks you won't be at the picketing.

I'll bet you a pair of your gender confused ear rings instead.

I'm not interested in any of your cross dressing weekend secret garments there Penelope.

BTW sorry but you're not fooling any of your coworkers. They all know.

It's a waiting game, the company knows no one will walk away from a job with our wages, and benefits, so they just wait till everyone gets pissed off, and then boom a deal gets done for AMFA survival!

That is the company's plan.

We have showed plenty of patience for the last 5 years and now is not the time to fall for the company's stall plan to divide us.

If we wanted to cave to the scope changes, we could have done it two years ago.
If it was worth keeping job protections at that time, it is even more important now.

Everyone has to realize that AMFA is all us mechanics. We run the union.
Its not like the IBT or TWU. We control everything.

I'm tired of hearing people on here talk like AMFA is some big disconnected union like the others.
Our elected leaders are mechanics, live under the same contract as us and care about our job protections.

The company is starting to feel the pressure of not getting to implement their new maintenance program on time. Now new voices suddenly start to appear trying to divide the union members.

Coincidence?
I don't think so.

Its time to stiffen our spines and back the negotiating team full force. They have been doing an excellent job of pushing back on the never ending demands for concessions from the other side.

Why the hell should we give one single concession to our contract this time?
Why should we be forced to accept less than full retro that just rewards the company for their stall tactics these years?
Why should we be forced to basically fund our own already earned pay raises, during the record profit years, with contract language concessions?

WE SHOULDN'T!
WE WONT!

If the company really wanted us to give them language from our contract, they should have offered us fair raises and full retro first. Then, and only then, offered to buy back (or trade) those hard fought for language items one at a time with more money or different acceptable job protections.

I wont vote yes on any deal without full retro.
Until then, I wont entertain any language buy backs or language modifications that give us different protections.

This next year is crunch time for the company. I encourage anyone who reads this and works under our contract, to stay informed, go to meetings and don't fall for the company divide and conquer tactics that we will see more and more of soon.

I'm not interested in any of your cross dressing weekend secret garments there Penelope.

BTW sorry but you're not fooling any of your coworkers. They all know.
http://www.airlineforums.com/thread...dates-for-aa-amts.59785/page-109#post-1257747
Frappuccino drinking company suck up with his cute V6 Mustang, what's that in your left ear Skippy? Thanks to Parker and the TWu? For what?

Apologies to the SWA AMT board, the WeAAsles can get the thread shut down again on his own.

That is the company's plan.

We have showed plenty of patience for the last 5 years and now is not the time to fall for the company's stall plan to divide us.

If we wanted to cave to the scope changes, we could have done it two years ago.
If it was worth keeping job protections at that time, it is even more important now.

Everyone has to realize that AMFA is all us mechanics. We run the union.
Its not like the IBT or TWU. We control everything.

I'm tired of hearing people on here talk like AMFA is some big disconnected union like the others.
Our elected leaders are mechanics, live under the same contract as us and care about our job protections.

The company is starting to feel the pressure of not getting to implement their new maintenance program on time. Now new voices suddenly start to appear trying to divide the union members.

Coincidence?
I don't think so.

Its time to stiffen our spines and back the negotiating team full force. They have been doing an excellent job of pushing back on the never ending demands for concessions from the other side.

Why the hell should we give one single concession to our contract this time?
Why should we be forced to accept less than full retro that just rewards the company for their stall tactics these years?
Why should we be forced to basically fund our own already earned pay raises, during the record profit years, with contract language concessions?

WE SHOULDN'T!
WE WONT!

If the company really wanted us to give them language from our contract, they should have offered us fair raises and full retro first. Then, and only then, offered to buy back (or trade) those hard fought for language items one at a time with more money or different acceptable job protections.

I wont vote yes on any deal without full retro.
Until then, I wont entertain any language buy backs or language modifications that give us different protections.

This next year is crunch time for the company. I encourage anyone who reads this and works under our contract, to stay informed, go to meetings and don't fall for the company divide and conquer tactics that we will see more and more of soon.
Oh course that's their plan, that's why I said the negotiating committee is out gunned, they the company knows no one will walk when we make, what we make, the negotiating committee is going to feel the heat from the rank and file, AMFA national will not want to lose the group, so if the first T/ A fails, the second one will pass, probably not by much, and that will be how it goes, the longer this goes the more mad people will be, when you are messing with their money, and they won't want to hear about language !

Reactions: Go Figure
Oh course that's their plan, that's why I said the negotiating committee is out gunned, they the company knows no one will walk when we make, what we make, the negotiating committee is going to feel the heat from the rank and file, AMFA national will not want to lose the group, so if the first T/ A fails, the second one will pass, probably not by much, and that will be how it goes, the longer this goes the more mad people will be, when you are messing with their money, and they won't want to hear about language !

Language a lot of times determines your opportunity to make money, whether it be road trips, overtime, etc. Language is important. If you read update # 57 you will get an idea of what the company is wanting us to give back. Up to 50% of C-checks currently performed in-house. I know overtime is plentiful in the large stations. If we give away work, the overtime will soon diminish as well. Those mechanics who no longer have a C-check to perform, what work do you think they will do? You could possibly make a lot less per year with that raise than you could without it but still have overtime available.

Reactions: swamt and Go Figure
Hey I am just letting you know, that logic on language will go by the wayside the longer this goes on ! Whenever you get a contract to vote on 90% of the people will flip to the pay rate page and say that looks good, and not read the rest, sad but true, you start preaching to the choir after awhile !

Why do you keep saying things like this?

"the negotiating committee is going to feel the heat from the rank and file, AMFA national will not want to lose the group,"

You do realize that 5 of the top 6 national officers are Southwest Airline Mechanics don't you?
And our negotiating team is all Southwest Airlines Mechanics with legal counsel backup?
They are not career union bosses and they all work under our contract. They are the rank and file.

WE ARE AMFA. We control all our locals and all our dues money.
We control our own destiny completely.

You act like the union is someone else and are afraid to "lose us".

If we ever left AMFA, what we would lose is control over everything and have to again rely on union bosses that only want our dues money and would push the company deal on us just to conclude negotiations without spending too much of our dues money on us.

Last edited:
Why do you keep saying things like this?

"the negotiating committee is going to feel the heat from the rank and file, AMFA national will not want to lose the group,"

You do realize that 5 of the top 6 national officers are Southwest Airline Mechanics don't you?
And our negotiating team is all Southwest Airlines Mechanics with legal counsel backup?
They are not career union bosses and they all work under our contract. They are the rank and file.

WE ARE AMFA. We control all our locals and all our dues money.
We control our own destiny completely.

You act like the union is someone else and are afraid to "lose us".

If we ever left AMFA, what we would lose is control over everything and have to again rely on union bosses that only want our dues money and would push the company deal on us just to conclude negotiations without spending too much of our dues money on us.
You say we are AMFA, what shocks me is the negotiating committee acts like it is no big deal if this goes on for another two or three years from what you are saying, obviously you must be on the negotiating committee,it almost sounds like we will never reach a deal, because we will never get to vote on anything,The poor Northwest guys argued about 10 years about language, so tell you do you think it is good business sense to never reach a deal, or by the time you do, you will never get full retro because the economics will not allow it, and meanwhile , when you finally decide to sign off on it, and present it to the membership, it's not that great and you had to give up some work rules, but people don't really care by that time, and vote it in, because they are just tired of not having a raise, and then they turn around and blame you, when they realize they could have had the same deal, 7 years-earlier, if it takes that long, but by golly we showed the company !!!