WN Mechanics seek mediation

Our sick policy has not changed . At least not at my station.
I guess it depends on your supervisor or where you are at, but we lost the arbitration and it changed, technically if they wanted to get rid of you, without taking FMLA they could, we lost it because people were abusing the sick policy and it was a gray area of the of the contract language !

I guess it depends on your supervisor or where you are at, but we lost the arbitration and it changed, technically if they wanted to get rid of you, without taking FMLA they could, we lost it because people were abusing the sick policy and it was a gray area of the of the contract language !

That decision applied only to that particular grievance and did not set a precedent. Our sick policy as spelled out in our contract has not changed. It would take an LOA to do that.

Hackman is an impressive guy to have dialouge with. Attack on. Ur rants are almost humerous but really it is sad. Truely sad.
Hackman wanted to know why I get so concerned about lawyer fees, I think it speaks volumes, when SWAPA got rid of Lee Seham for billing irregularities and questionable billing practices, back in 2011, and went with a different law firm, but we still pay them 47,000 a month, I guess our pilots are smarter than we are, oh and they have a contract !

All that says is the attorney would take their money, I am glad they got their jobs back, hopefully AMFA spends that much money to get our guys jobs back, because they didn't spend money on the Northwest guys !

Our sick policy has not changed . At least not at my station.

That decision applied only to that particular grievance and did not set a precedent. Our sick policy as spelled out in our contract has not changed. It would take an LOA to do that.

Well they better get solid language !

You guys are completely uninformed, and it just shows thru your postings. You guys have no clue about the sick policy, and these post show it. You guys are as lost as two puppies wondering the night looking for shelter and food. Read your contract, and then read the rulings on the sick policy and please post both and give us your thoughts. You guys are pathetic. And you wonder why no one answers your posts besides you guys answering yourselves. Enough said, and you may carry on now.

You guys are completely uninformed, and it just shows thru your postings. You guys have no clue about the sick policy, and these post show it. You guys are as lost as two puppies wondering the night looking for shelter and food. Read your contract, and then read the rulings on the sick policy and please post both and give us your thoughts. You guys are pathetic. And you wonder why no one answers your posts besides you guys answering yourselves. Enough said, and you may carry on now.

You might want to go easy on the sauce. It's starting to come out in your posts.

You might want to go easy on the sauce. It's starting to come out in your posts.
SWamt we lost the arbitration the Arbitrator ruled that SWA could change the sick policy because they proved abuse the result was a step process that was not used before and now if a supervisor had it in for you because you called in sick alot it is a 5 step process that once you get on step 1 warning, that you can not be tardy or call in sick ,or you will be on step two for a continuous 12 months, so you went from no enforcement to if your not careful be fired within as little as six months to 2 years if they wanted to, that is what AMFA cost us by not being prepared!

SWamt we lost the arbitration the Arbitrator ruled that SWA could change the sick policy because they proved abuse the result was a step process that was not used before and now if a supervisor had it in for you because you called in sick alot it is a 5 step process that once you get on step 1 warning, that you can not be tardy or call in sick ,or you will be on step two for a continuous 12 months, so you went from no enforcement to if your not careful be fired within as little as six months to 2 years if they wanted to, that is what AMFA cost us by not being prepared!

The contract says the same thing it has since the teamsters represented us. The wording is the same. The company , at least where I work, has always had a magic number of occurrences to reach before the step process begins. The first step being a verbal warning. The magic number has changed over the years, but the process is the same. I see no real change.

The contract says the same thing it has since the teamsters represented us. The wording is the same. The company , at least where I work, has always had a magic number of occurrences to reach before the step process begins. The first step being a verbal warning. The magic number has changed over the years, but the process is the same. I see no real change.
Well now it is a written form 5 step process, go ask your supervisor to see it, or the shop rep, it is real and it came out after we lost the arbitration, and the last time I looked , we work at the same place unless you are lying that you work for Southwest Airlines !

Well now it is a written form 5 step process, go ask your supervisor to see it, or the shop rep, it is real and it came out after we lost the arbitration, and the last time I looked , we work at the same place unless you are lying that you work for Southwest Airlines !

Like I said, I see no real change and I have personal experience with the process.

Like I said, I see no real change and I have personal experience with the process.
If you say so if they just would have let the company deal with the habitual abusers, never would've had to go to arbitration, and a few rotten apples that don't want to come to work, and I am not talking about legitimate reasons ,mess it up for the people that don't have an attendance problem!

I could care less about this sick policy. Much more important issues to me than some sick policy that is needed because of the massive abusers of sick time. I have never been counseled, written up, or punished what-so-ever over sick time. The co. IMO has a right to crack down on sick time abusers. The abusers ruin it for us that follow the rules and use them correctly. But, I will add this; I am sick of the co. going after the entire group of mechanics for the few who are always abusing sick time. The co. needs to put their big panties on and go after the abusers and leave the rest alone. Document shite correctly and deal with the problem children. I am so sick and tired of the co. punishing all mechanics for the few that screw it all up for us and I have no sympathy for them when thay are punished...

I could care less about this sick policy. Much more important issues to me than some sick policy that is needed because of the massive abusers of sick time. I have never been counseled, written up, or punished what-so-ever over sick time. The co. IMO has a right to crack down on sick time abusers. The abusers ruin it for us that follow the rules and use them correctly. But, I will add this; I am sick of the co. going after the entire group of mechanics for the few who are always abusing sick time. The co. needs to put their big panties on and go after the abusers and leave the rest alone. Document shite correctly and deal with the problem children. I am so sick and tired of the co. punishing all mechanics for the few that screw it all up for us and I have no sympathy for them when thay are punished...

Welcome to the real world where the few always screw things up for the many. Nice to know you are so squeaky clean and self-righteous. One man's use is another man's abuse.