WN Mechanics seek mediation

That is exactly how I was going to suggest you try handle it if you cant get your concerns addressed.
However, I would also like to say that it must be very hard for one airline rep to cover so many different stations and still take care of negotiations. Local 4 contains ATL, BNA, BWI, MCI, MDW, MKE, PHL and STL. An airline rep would never see his family if he constantly traveled to all these stations.
Oh my. That would be very hard. Not to mention that L4's rep is at the nego. table as well. Just thinking out loud here, but, maybe L4's rep could make a visit after these nego's rounds end. We all know there won't be another scheduled meeting until at least mid to late Sep. and only for 3 days, so maybe he could try to make a visit in between nego's? Just a thought.

Thanks to all that supported the IP today in Chicago and PHX. Greatly appreciated by support from our employees from other groups including Pilots, F/A's, Ramp, Stores, and others. Great turnout. And lots of buzz on the social media everywhere. Thanks to all that helped and participated. Look forward to the next one...

Southwest Airlines mechanics picket after 5 years without a new contract

Here are some pics and videos of the IP's yesterday. Great showing of solidarity by all:

AMFA Local 4, Chicago Midway Informational Picket

Informational Picketing at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport as SWA AMTs Mark 5 Years with no New Contract

AMFA-SWA Negotiations: 5 Years is Too Long Without a New Contract

That is exactly how I was going to suggest you try handle it if you cant get your concerns addressed.
However, I would also like to say that it must be very hard for one airline rep to cover so many different stations and still take care of negotiations. Local 4 contains ATL, BNA, BWI, MCI, MDW, MKE, PHL and STL. An airline rep would never see his family if he constantly traveled to all these stations.
Well let's put it this way Swamt we have not seen this gentlemen in 3 years, the last visit was a guy that just became an officer , and he was from AMFA 11, get my point !

Well let's put it this way Swamt we have not seen this gentlemen in 3 years, the last visit was a guy that just became an officer , and he was from AMFA 11, get my point !
You called out my name but was quoting WN. Since we have been discussing this I am sure you meant me. I do get your point Driver. If you guys have been requesting for visits for the last 3 years then by all means pull the trigger that WN suggested, and as yourself has pointed out, and replace your rep. We have that wonderful option being AMFA. We would not have this option if we were one of the industrial unions. I believe that visit from a newly elected officer was the new ND. I will add this. I have heard that the rep you are thinking about replacing has a pretty good following with the members (or at least he did for some time). Can you tell me when his current position is up for a vote? I'm not up on L4's upcoming votes.

You called out my name but was quoting WN. Since we have been discussing this I am sure you meant me. I do get your point Driver. If you guys have been requesting for visits for the last 3 years then by all means pull the trigger that WN suggested, and as yourself has pointed out, and replace your rep. We have that wonderful option being AMFA. We would not have this option if we were one of the industrial unions. I believe that visit from a newly elected officer was the new ND. I will add this. I have heard that the rep you are thinking about replacing has a pretty good following with the members (or at least he did for some time). Can you tell me when his current position is up for a vote? I'm not up on L4's upcoming votes.
I believe next year, but people need to vote, last election I did vote was about 24%

What a shock nothing new update # 60 , mediator will not have any days available till November, well nothing this year, no med arbitration, AMFA will come visit us for roadshows , looks like we will get our visit now! Fixing to be put on ice !

There are certainly mechanics that just want to vote on something but as many if not more are perfectly content with the current agreement considering the uncertainty of changes in scope, quality of life, and other company "must haves". I hope the membership will ask the tough questions and remain civil. Also, there should be a recording secretary noting questions and answers to be posted on the "members only" national website.

"heavy artillery" you got to be kidding me. GK must be shaking in his boots. Is this trying to refer that the pilots an f/a would honor a AMFA strike line and not cross? Is that what you mean by 100%? The mechanics are frightened to death of a strike authorization vote let alone an actual strike. You are living in a dream world. Like I said before, you are approximately 100 years too late.
Looks like SWA and Gary were not afaid of our heavy artillery, now we had two and 1/ 2 days wow, we need some more Pom Poms, that will scare them, looks like we are on ice till next year !

Looks like SWA and Gary were not afaid of our heavy artillery, now we had two and 1/ 2 days wow, we need some more Pom Poms, that will scare them, looks like we are on ice till next year !
Sounds like these so called negotiations has just turned into a big pissing match. Probably best to just wrap it up till next year sometime. Heard only 4 pilots showed up in Phoenix for the info picket. Doesn't sound like 100% to me. For me, I'm A-OK with the contract we have now. Sure everybody deserves a pay raise but not at the cost of the scope language i hear the company wants.

You really need to get more connected and informed. You obviously do not understand the video. WHY are you guys so freakin stuck on the "strike" issue? It's not even close to an option. Pls get a clue and get informed.
You obviously are the diehard optimist. Now we are going through what other airlines have been going through for years. It's another form of busting the union. SWA has hired guns to get this done and GK is the mastermind. I think you will throw your Pom Poms away if or when the NMB decides this mediated negotiations are at a impasse. As long as SWA keeps saying NO it will eventually happen. Then will you consider a Strike AUTHORIZATION vote? Just an authorization not a strike. That would solely be left up to the national director and ONLY if this gets into self help. I'll bet the roadshow brings up this issue. It's time to start seriously talking about options.

You obviously are the diehard optimist. Now we are going through what other airlines have been going through for years. It's another form of busting the union. SWA has hired guns to get this done and GK is the mastermind. I think you will throw your Pom Poms away if or when the NMB decides this mediated negotiations are at a impasse. As long as SWA keeps saying NO it will eventually happen. Then will you consider a Strike AUTHORIZATION vote? Just an authorization not a strike. That would solely be left up to the national director and ONLY if this gets into self help. I'll bet the roadshow brings up this issue. It's time to start seriously talking about options.
People would be scared to death of that, when I got on this thread I said human nature would start to take over, we don't have hardly any leverage, this shows it, it will go into next year, people will vote it in, whatever it is, and people will realize we are a country club self union!

I believe next year, but people need to vote, last election I did vote was about 24%

You are 100% correct. People need to vote. People need to get involved. I am sick and tired of the low turn outs at voting time. For any vote; contract, ALR's, ASAP reps, officers and even National officers. So sad to see the low numbers of participation, but we always hear from the complainers about everything the ones that were elected into position are doing, well, you know what? Get involved and vote!!! I agree with you 100% Driver, more people need to get involved with the voting, period.

What a shock nothing new update # 60 , mediator will not have any days available till November, well nothing this year, no med arbitration, AMFA will come visit us for roadshows , looks like we will get our visit now! Fixing to be put on ice !

#60 was as exactly as expected. The company still not moving, not an inch. It's about time AMFA told them to shove it. Glad to hear that AMFA told them NO on the Med-Arb. Now the company will twist and turn that decision by our NC into something so terrible and totally AMFA's fault it will spin your head. By all means pls get every single person at every single station that the road shows will be at to attend. THIS IS where the membership will get all the information, and actions by the company at the table. And the entire membership will have an even better idea of how this company is acting towards their employees. Can't wait for the road show. Your right also Driver, NOTHING this year, as I expected and called for since mid year this year.

You are 100% correct. People need to vote. People need to get involved. I am sick and tired of the low turn outs at voting time. For any vote; contract, ALR's, ASAP reps, officers and even National officers. So sad to see the low numbers of participation, but we always hear from the complainers about everything the ones that were elected into position are doing, well, you know what? Get involved and vote!!! I agree with you 100% Driver, more people need to get involved with the voting, period.

#60 was as exactly as expected. The company still not moving, not an inch. It's about time AMFA told them to shove it. Glad to hear that AMFA told them NO on the Med-Arb. Now the company will twist and turn that decision by our NC into something so terrible and totally AMFA's fault it will spin your head. By all means pls get every single person at every single station that the road shows will be at to attend. THIS IS where the membership will get all the information, and actions by the company at the table. And the entire membership will have an even better idea of how this company is acting towards their employees. Can't wait for the road show. Your right also Driver, NOTHING this year, as I expected and called for since mid year this year.
It would have been nice to persue the med arb then if the T/ A was voted down, you would be able to see what could be fixed to come to a contract, obviously AMFA doesn't trust the membership to vote it down, or they would agree, Brett doesn't trust us to make up our own minds, or he has bigger plans to throw the dice and hope it doesn't get put into self help, I don't see us in reality getting a whole lot more, maybe bigger bonus or some more money, or not as much scope change as the company wants, it will eventually get to the best offer and when it passes next year or first of 2019, what will people say when they realize they could've had what you get maybe 5% more 4 years earlier, will AMFA survive the anger, I guarantee you get to self help, without presidential emergency board intervention, and a strike comes they will not!

As I have posted before as well as others, the Med-Arb thing was NOT in AMFA's favor at this time and this IS why the company was pushing it so hard so quickly. I actually congrat AMFA for taking the time to discuss and weigh out the Med-Arb process as well as getting input from the experts instead of just jumping right into what the company was wanting to do, finally. We had way too many open items left to go the Med-Arb process (MO). Also as the NC has stated, the company has not moved an inch while AMFA has moved and offered relief on a lot that the company wanted thus far, it is time for the company to move and they brought it all on themselves to leave their movement within scope as AMFA has moved in most areas thus far. The last update comes as expected (mostly talking about the companies non-movements). No meeting options until Nov. then Bam, were into the holidays. By the time we resume again after that we will be well into the 5 1/2 years mark. At this rate we may not have anything by our 6th year. I am perfectly happy with the current contract we have as the company is trying to gut our current one.