WN Mechanics seek mediation

Here's a couple of articles on the AIP.:

AMFA-SWA Facilities Maintenance Technician Negotiations Update #27
September 13, 2017 -- We met with the Company in Dallas, TX on Tuesday, September 12, 2017. During this one-day session we again reached an Agreement in Principle (AIP) for the initial Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for your workgroup. This AIP includes changes to the tentative agreement (TA) voted down by the membership in December 2016.

Southwest Airlines and Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association Reach Agreement in Principle for ...

Here's a couple of articles on the AIP.:

AMFA-SWA Facilities Maintenance Technician Negotiations Update #27
September 13, 2017 -- We met with the Company in Dallas, TX on Tuesday, September 12, 2017. During this one-day session we again reached an Agreement in Principle (AIP) for the initial Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for your workgroup. This AIP includes changes to the tentative agreement (TA) voted down by the membership in December 2016.

Southwest Airlines and Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association Reach Agreement in Principle for ...

I'm sorry and seriously correct me if I'm wrong? But don't FMT's at AA make about $10.00 per hour more at TOS?

Let me see if I can find that scale.

Last edited:
That link has AMT's too.
That's more than I currently make, the only thing we have on them, is the double time, tripple time if we work a holiday, and the 401k match, because believe me Wezzz our medical is nothing to write home about, and whatever we end up with after no raise since 2012, Delta will get a raise and I am sure American Airlines will pass us again, but I don't care what they make because I can't do anything about it .

That's more than I currently make, the only thing we have on them, is the double time, tripple time if we work a holiday, and the 401k match, because believe me Wezzz our medical is nothing to write home about, and whatever we end up with after no raise since 2012, Delta will get a raise and I am sure American Airlines will pass us again, but I don't care what they make because I can't do anything about it .
If I recall, without looking, in 2012 how much was that huge amfa raise we received? Couldn't have been much! But I know we locked in a dismal 2.75 mechanics per aircraft and gave into 4 lines of mx to international outsourcing. The vast majority of our present contract is still from the teamster days minus a few tweaks.

If I recall, without looking, in 2012 how much was that huge amfa raise we received? Couldn't have been much! But I know we locked in a dismal 2.75 mechanics per aircraft and gave into 4 lines of mx to international outsourcing. The vast majority of our present contract is still from the teamster days minus a few tweaks.
It was 4%, it was also the last year of the small production bonus, if you worked enough and didn't use a lot of sick time.

Hey AMFA National and or Local 11, where is this "road show" to bring the members up to date and more informed? Thought we would have had an announcement by now since they finished up with the FMT's. Should now free up the entire nego. cmte. to at least make an announcement and dates. Some members are waiting for these "road shows" in order to make a decision on the members next move on what they think should be done. I know we have a while between nego's dates, but, just thought we might have at least seen an official announcement that we are going to have the "road shows". Getting a little too quiet lately...

Hey AMFA National and or Local 11, where is this "road show" to bring the members up to date and more informed? Thought we would have had an announcement by now since they finished up with the FMT's. Should now free up the entire nego. cmte. to at least make an announcement and dates. Some members are waiting for these "road shows" in order to make a decision on the members next move on what they think should be done. I know we have a while between nego's dates, but, just thought we might have at least seen an official announcement that we are going to have the "road shows". Getting a little too quiet lately...
Here is the last update I heard at work today Swamt no station visits road shows , there will be a video conferencing from somewhere in October or November because they are too chicken crap to face the membership live in person, how does that grab you ?

I've said for quite some time that the company will not budge until the AMFA membership gives them a resounding NO. I still believe the majority of the membership will turn down Mr. McCrady's offer due to a lack of proper adjustment to last years economics and scope shortcomings. There are other battles to fight in future contracts but we need to start the clock on ending this one by voting their proposal down this year. While I don't see any threat to our current union representation I see growing discontent with the ALR's. We were told last year we could not possibly vote due to lack of written language, which I believed. Supposedly the company presented full contract language so, if true, that excuse boat has sailed.

I've said for quite some time that the company will not budge until the AMFA membership gives them a resounding NO. I still believe the majority of the membership will turn down Mr. McCrady's offer due to a lack of proper adjustment to last years economics and scope shortcomings. There are other battles to fight in future contracts but we need to start the clock on ending this one by voting their proposal down this year. While I don't see any threat to our current union representation I see growing discontent with the ALR's. We were told last year we could not possibly vote due to lack of written language, which I believed. Supposedly the company presented full contract language so, if true, that excuse boat has sailed.
You get into next year and still nothing to vote on AMFA will have no credibility, and the ALR s will be the first to go; and Bob Cramer needs to be the first one , out the door.! Go take a look at the officers and the ALR profiles, only one of them is a higher time SWA guy. Most of these guys are 8 years or less I don't want to hear how bad the Teamsters were.

Birdman, Yes you have, and I fully respect that. Not saying either way yet. I too said that I wanted to give the "road shows" a chance for the membership to get fully updated to how the co. is acting at table and how they are treating the mechanics group. IF the company is purposely stalling and holding strong hold onto their stance just for a vote, then I may very well switch my stance on taking a membership vote. However, with that said the membership needs to be "fully" updated on what will happen say 3 years, 5 years and even 10 years down the road with this contract, because as just proven by the company, this next contract will take us 10 years or longer until we get a new if we let them get away with out full retro. The members also need to know where they will be working under the new scope changes the company wants. Yea they will all be protected with jobs, but where will they be working? What shift? What days off? What bid location? We all know that the new maint. outlook puts most all new scope changes on overnight maint lines, where most changes will put positions on graveyard at hangars and at lines and even new lines of maint will be produced but on graveyards. Also WHY won't the company put all the added lines of maint. (including the one that will replace C-check positions) in writing? Ask yourselves that. The company refuses to put ANY new maint in writing, not just the one replacing C-checks but ANY of them. Really has to make you wonder.
I will end with this. If the company would put certain issues in writing I too could change my mind for a membership vote. But scope is huge with me. We will see after the "road shows"...

Latest posts