WN Mechanics seek mediation

It can industry leading in pay, but what are the work rules to get there.
To me, one of the most important scope wording is the no lay off protection as long as SWA is outsourcing. 'The company shall not outsource when such outsourcing results or will result in a reduction in force.' I would imagine that would be one of the main targets in the scope change. To give up this solid old teamster language, what's it worth? That goes, then the bumping festival begins. Sure SWA says everybody is guaranteed a job. Where? Murder capital Chiraq, gangland L.A. and Oakland, sky high taxes? Poor junior may be in for a world of hurt. Remember, all they have to keep is a miserable 2.75 per aircraft.

To me, one of the most important scope wording is the no lay off protection as long as SWA is outsourcing. 'The company shall not outsource when such outsourcing results or will result in a reduction in force.' I would imagine that would be one of the main targets in the scope change. To give up this solid old teamster language, what's it worth? That goes, then the bumping festival begins. Sure SWA says everybody is guaranteed a job. Where? Murder capital Chiraq, gangland L.A. and Oakland, sky high taxes? Poor junior may be in for a world of hurt. Remember, all they have to keep is a miserable 2.75 per aircraft.
That's a must keep language

That's a must keep language
Anybody with a little sense wouldn't give that up. I also keep hearing SWA wants maintenance in wonderful San Diego. Sky high taxes and housing. Stay far away from southeast San Diego. It's a gang/drug infested third world hell hole. You are better off at the bottom of the pay scale living in Texas than being topped out living in San Diego. Plus the Chargers left so screw that place.

Anybody with a little sense wouldn't give that up. I also keep hearing SWA wants maintenance in wonderful San Diego. Sky high taxes and housing. Stay far away from southeast San Diego. It's a gang/drug infested third world hell hole. You are better off at the bottom of the pay scale living in Texas than being topped out living in San Diego. Plus the Chargers left so screw that place.
I find it amazing Swamt can rant on the American board that I,am a Teamsters lover and greedy, but he can't defend the total cluster F.. AMFA has created here, but he can tell the American guys how screwed up their union is. However he won't address the issues we are all fed up with over here .

I find it amazing Swamt can rant on the American board that I,am a Teamsters lover and greedy, but he can't defend the total cluster F.. AMFA has created here, but he can tell the American guys how screwed up their union is. However he won't address the issues we are all fed up with over here .
He must have some type of syndrome. There are people that still believe the earth is flat. We'll see what he has to spew once we get served up a t/a. Maybe he'll get fed up and feel betrayed. I'm hoping amfa fools me and we get a great t/a. I'm hoping amfa makes me eat my words. We'll see.

It's only a minor annoyance and actually pretty amusing after reading you guys on this thread the last few weeks.

If a horse is running down the road with blinders on and doesn't turn his head or look up at the traffic light when he comes to an intersection, will he get run over by a Mack truck

It's only a minor annoyance and actually pretty amusing after reading you guys on this thread the last few weeks.

If a horse is running down the road with blinders on and doesn't turn his head or look up at the traffic light when he comes to an intersection, will he get run over by a Mack truck
Well Wezzz I see he claims he has been on the American board for 15 years, must be some funny arguments!

Yep, SWA contracts out enough work. You should be getting work back with all of the money they are making. They only understand one thing, metal on the ground!

Yep, SWA contracts out enough work. You should be getting work back with all of the money they are making. They only understand one thing, metal on the ground!
Up to 80% of swa's maintenace dollars are outsource. They want even more. Not much left to give. We'll see if the membership takes the money and gives up more. I suspect this group will. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Topcat187

Latest posts