WN says hurricanes to cost $100 million in lost revenue

Yes it will jim. Last numbers we were hearing was 60-80 mil., now hearing 100+ mil. 3rd Q will take a beating on results. Don't forget about that hurricane that hit Mexico as well as the earthquake. And the hurricane season is not done yet. Curious what the other airlines might be reporting that the weather hit them for the 3rd Q. Question is will they use this as a tool?

It's interesting that the company (AA) hasn't said much about hurricane-based costs. As you said, a complete shutdown of the airport at MIA and closure of just about all Caribbean island airports is bound to hit the bottom line. Even the island airports that didn't close down were affected because as far as I know there is very little Caribbean service by AA except out of MIA.

AA goes out of CLT and PHL to the Caribbean but with SJU being severely limited and STT (who knows when that and) STX as well as SXM will reopen

That is the problem with working for an airline. There are so many factors beyond a company's control that can make or break them. Weather, war, fuel cost, etc. My advice is to stash away as much as you can during the good years because you know it's just a matter of time until you hit some bad ones. Best of Luck!

That is the problem with working for an airline. There are so many factors beyond a company's control that can make or break them. Weather, war, fuel cost, etc. My advice is to stash away as much as you can during the good years because you know it's just a matter of time until you hit some bad ones. Best of Luck!
Amen brother!

Reactions: robbedagain
AA goes out of CLT and PHL to the Caribbean but with SJU being severely limited and STT (who knows when that and) STX as well as SXM will reopen
Yes, but how many flights are there between CLT and PHL to the Caribbean? 1 or 2 a day? I'm not that familiar with Caribbean service. I could only find 1 or 2 flights per day to the "major" islands and none to the smaller islands that are served by MIA.