Woman plans to marry her father after two years of dating

You know what the liberals say..."If it feels good and doesnt hurt anybody else go for it!" These people have rights!

Reactions: 2 people
They are consenting adults. What business is it of yours? The only state interest I can see is if they decide to have a child. Then the chance of genetics comes into play.

You know conservatives. Always think they know what's best for everyone.

Reactions: 2 people
They may be consenting adults now, but it sounds like this relationship started before she turned 18.

That's not love, it is child abuse.

Reactions: 3 people
eolesen said:
They may be consenting adults now, but it sounds like this relationship started before she turned 18.That's not love, it is child abuse.
If that's the case and there is proof he should be prosecuted.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
They may be consenting adults now, but it sounds like this relationship started before she turned 18.

That's not love, it is child abuse.
Yep do the math, now 18 and two years into the 'relationship' = 16.
They put teachers and other pedophiles in jail for that but I guess having sex with your daughter is OK.
Even if they were both consenting adults, the whole thing is morally corrupt and quite creepy..
Do I hear banjo music in the background?
:p

There are a half dozen teachers who have been fired and prosecuted over the past few years for having relationships with 18 year old students. Justification for the laws allowing prosecution is because the teacher is seen as an authority figure...

Seems to me that being a parent (estranged or actively involved with their life) would be seen as more of an authority figure than a teacher.

Reactions: 3 people

xUT said:
Yep do the math, now 18 and two years into the 'relationship' = 16.
They put teachers and other pedophiles in jail for that but I guess having sex with your daughter is OK.
Even if they were both consenting adults, the whole thing is morally corrupt and quite creepy..
Do I hear banjo music in the background?
:p
Most states allow marriage at 16 with consent. The article says they want to have child. I'd say that is grounds to prevent the marriage. Not sure how you prevent people from having sex.

I'm with FWAAA on this one.  The whole thing reeks of an attempt at increased add revenue or an attempt by a journalist to make a name for herself.

I'd like to believe this is just fiction.

Ms Tree said:
Most states allow marriage at 16 with consent. T
I'm sure her father will gladly give permission... not so sure the mother would agree, though.

Latest posts