Work Stoppage?

hp_fa

Veteran
Feb 19, 2004
CNN had an interesting video showing a stoppage/slowdown at MSP today. It seems there are some unhappy folks trying to send a message.

CNN had an interesting video showing a stoppage/slowdown at MSP today. It seems there are some unhappy folks trying to send a message.

Since the corrupt judges in the U.S. court system contiually rule in favor or SCABAIR mgmt. the only action left is employee action. GOOD FOR THEM!

Did SCABS service the airplanes during the "cleaning meeting"?

An airline without a SCAB is like a fish without a bicycle.

Since the corrupt judges in the U.S. court system contiually rule in favor or SCABAIR mgmt. the only action left is employee action. GOOD FOR THEM!

I can see NWA mgmt ordering the scab mechanics to load and offload/clean aircraft after the firing of several rampers. Yes, NWA will terminate/make an example out of many that participated. For every long time full timer they get to replace them with $9/hr part time. Thanks IAM. :up:

What is too funny is that they are mad about the scab work they have been performing is now being taken away from them and farmed out. :shock:

The ramp and F/A's are now finding out why they should have walked with us.

Well, the way it reads now they certainly can make the scabs clean and throw bags............ I'd hope they'd do it. Then listen to them whine. :p

It's not scab mechanics (or cleaners) that are now doing turn cleans/lavs/H20. It's Globe Ground in MSP, and Prospect in DTW.
Sometimes they don't even clean either. I went aboard a trip in MSP recently and found one looking for food in the galley after the army left.

They use the hoky but trash is still all over the floors. Still found junk everywhere.

What's the over/under on the compensation judgement against the union? The AA pilots paid millions, I am guessing 30 minutes in between banks is probably only worth $250,000 or so.

Yeah, I listen to it. The radio host wasn't too well informed on the F/A's situation. And Dougie didn't correct him either. :down:

All this guy (radio host) wanted was to get a free f/c seat and to schmooze with the corrupt. His lips were firmly planted on dougie's ass.

Agree, there are a lot of things wrong in this interview.
You wonder what world these two are living in.
Guess the general public would be sold by it though. :down:

What's the over/under on the compensation judgement against the union? The AA pilots paid millions, I am guessing 30 minutes in between banks is probably only worth $250,000 or so.
AA pilots never paid a dime towards the fine and its been forgiven.

I hope that we see more of this throughout the industry. It will be like the beginning of the labor movement, spontaneous acts of rebellion, because the dues collecting agencies dont have the balls to do it.

The RLA was put in place to keep labor peace but now that the courts have decided to subvert the RLA in favor of Capital there is no reason why Labor should stick to it either. The more disruptions the better, and the best part is that the same unions who screwed us over because it was cheaper than fighting for us are the ones who have to pay the fines.

As far as workers being held liable for the losses of the company, hey, they never sold anyone a ticket, so why should any of them be held liable?