World Airways

joanjet

Mar 17, 2003
Does anyone out there fly for World Airways or know someone that does? I know they are a charter airline and layover in many cities internationally. I would like to know what it is like to work for them....are the layovers long.... do you know your scedule in advance.....how long are the trips...? any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

joanjet said:
Does anyone out there fly for World Airways or know someone that does? I know they are a charter airline and layover in many cities internationally. I would like to know what it is like to work for them....are the layovers long.... do you know your scedule in advance.....how long are the trips...? any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
[post="287961"][/post]​

If you are thinking about working for World.............run far far away

World is like many of the other non-scheds(there are +'s and -'s)

-'s: long days, away from home for extended periods of time, (can be several weeks), I've been out at one non-sched for 9 weeks straight and didn't touch US Soil for that entire 9 weeks.

+'s: get to fly into some unique places, will get paid more then any regional, challenging flying.

If you are single and like being away from home, it's not a bad job and can be a lot of fun. If you have a family, it can cause a divorce.

I've never worked for World, but have worked for several operations like World.

I loved it when I was young and single. Now that I have a wife and some kids, no thanks!

Hope it helps.

World is a large-plane operator: MD-11 and DC-10, both passenger and freight. Roughly 350-400 pilots and 600 FAs. You fly mostly overseas and much of it is for the military. A schedule and better lifestyle comes with seniority but you are home at least a week per month, often longer. They pay fairly well for a non-sked and the travel is without doubt the best. Upgrades to Capt. currently run 5 yrs. and they are still expanding. Rough on family life but doable with the right spouse.

Latest posts