Worldtraveler where are you now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you dont understand when the pension is frozen you dont gain anymore money from it, you are locked in at the current rates.

Almost correct.

The cash balance portion of my pension is frozen, per your description.

The defined benefits portion was supposed to be based on my final average earnings at the time of my retirement. That FAE would have been based on my highest earnings in any three year period in the last 10 years of employment.

The retirement figure is:
30% for YOS, reduced by 2% per year under 30 years
Plus
30% for age minus 3% per year under 62 years
Times FAE.

The DB is frozen in that FAE and YOS are set at what they were on December 31, 2005. The 3% FAE times age reduction is still in effect, which in my case means my retirement will still increase by 3% per year for the next 8 years.

For me (and anyone with 20 or more YOS as of 12/31/05), FAE being frozen as of 12/31/05 could prove to be a good thing. We took a 19% pay cut this year and when or if we will make that back is a big question mark. The good thing is that FAE was set before the pay cut could be a factor in the figure. I’ll take an 8% hit in YOS, but the FAE will be based on my pay at a pay scale 19% higher.

Per deltaflyboy:
> ... the pension reform that recently passed congress
> will give Delta the ability to keep ground employees
> pensions without turning them over to the PBGC.

The PBGC has much steeper age and YOS penalties and a lower pay cap, so Delta hanging on to the plan, even frozen, is a good thing too.

removing capacity is the last thing that communities, governments, consumer groups, and manufacturers want.

That's great, but the only one of those parties with a voice in court are the manufacturers, and their voice is smaller than the banks.

I'm also not so convinced that the manufacturers are against removing capacity, especially if it results in a healthier company more likely to be ordering aircraft. While Airbus has the narrowbody market locked up in the current US/HP, that's not necessarily the case with widebodies. The A350 is a long way off, and just as likely to be replaced with 777 or 787 orders. There's also the potential of Boeing participating in the exit financing, since loaning money to airlines is more profitable than selling aircraft...

There are no mergers needed in the industry and none will happen.

Period. I'll be sure and let you know when the climate changes.

Uh, let's revisit this quote from you a year from now...

United Chicago,
you will proven wrong now as you were 2 years ago when I was beating you up. Wanna give up now or shall I just keep pounding away. I'll be sure and quote you and your inaccurate prophecies when they are ALL clearly shown to be wrong.

Still waiting

Man, he's vacationing again :D . Funny how when he's on vacation he doesn't have internet access. Orrrrrrrrrr, maybe he's behind closed doors and to busy with Gerry and gang scrambleing with creditors and investors for some CASH, atleast 9 billion...quick!

Tic...Toc...Tic...Toc...!

Man, maybe I need to rethink this whole US thing. With as much time as you spend on these boards you must never work. :p

WorldTraveler we all owe you a BIG apology. You were pretty much right about everything. You were right that Delta was the best Airline of the pack, you were right that the IAM would never organize at Delta (Unfortunately) and finally you were right that Kev would fall in line to embrace the Delta culture.

WT was right about everything.

WorldTraveler we all owe you a BIG apology. You were pretty much right about everything. You were right that Delta was the best Airline of the pack, you were right that the IAM would never organize at Delta (Unfortunately) and finally you were right that Kev would fall in line to embrace the Delta culture.

WT was right about everything.
don't be such a tool bag.

Well he HAS embraced the Delta Culture. He even has a LinkedIn where he proudly states he’s a Supervisor for Delta. He no longer recognizes himself as a worker any longer.

BTW there’s nothing wrong with it if he feels they’re treating him well.

Well he HAS embraced the Delta Culture. He even has a LinkedIn where he proudly states he’s a Supervisor for Delta. He no longer recognizes himself as a worker any longer.

BTW there’s nothing wrong with it if he feels they’re treating him well.

You mean he gives an accurate description of his job on a website that entire point of existence is to market what a persons job is?

Dang it Kev. What's wrong with you!?!?! Quick, WeAAsles, what is his relationship status on facebook!?

You mean he gives an accurate description of his job on a website that entire point of existence is to market what a persons job is?

Dang it Kev. What's wrong with you!?!?! Quick, WeAAsles, what is his relationship status on facebook!?

Most Supervisors or Managers don’t usually support a Union coming into the house or at least publicly they have to be very secretive and silent if they do?

Perhaps the reason why Kev has changed so much in the last few years?

Always sad to see someone have to compromise for position and money IMO.

But how’ve you been doing lately TopDawg? I really miss some of you old posters that don’t come here too much anymore.

Thank you.

Silly me. I shoulda just assumed people on LinkedIn would know what an “ALA” is and does.

(Note: I was a Lead from ‘01-‘17. IOW, the entire time Dave has “known” me).

I do need to update it, though, since I stepped down. I wonder how “Customer Service Agent-Below Wing P09” will come across?

Also, kinda creepy that WeAAsles spends his time crawling through my social media accounts, but whatever.

Last edited:
Also, kinda creepy that WeAAsles spends his time crawling through my social media accounts, but whatever.

Actually Kevin I do all sorts of research and like to look up all sorts of things. I’m just very very thorough.

BTW I think it’s kinda creepy how you defend and condone everything that Tim Nelson posts even when he tells you that you should remain status quo even though you “claim” that you “want “ a Union?

I guess we’re all a little creepy in our own ways then aren’t we?

Status
Not open for further replies.