Worldtraveler where are you now?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines' started by mistified, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Actually I was just busting chops yesterday. Of course with all that guy wrote on here in the past he got more than plenty of things wrong. Now the two items I did say at least currently that he got right are irrefutable.

Delta is crushing AA. And Kev has become a true blue Delta Cult-ure Warrior. He’s just not cheerleadery outside of his one Woo Hoo when he got his last PS check.

“I can't fault anyone from NW for accepting the DL culture after 14 years, especially when the gain sharing with employees has been so consistent”

I agree 100%. Eric I am not being facetious. From all the reading I’ve done the last few years on here and in multiple Facebook groups, for the most part except in a few areas here and there if you go along with the Delta program they do treat their Employees pretty damn well.

Some of the complaints I’ve read are legitimate complaints but some items are absolutely off the wall ridiculous and when they focus on the ridiculous they lose their momentum to try and change the things that aren’t ridiculous.

2. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Yes AA Management has not done a great job at firing on all cylinders their revenue generating machine and Labor relations are deteriorating rapidly. Forget even the TWU/IAM Association. The APFA is firing off all sorts of shots at the Company and have been doing so since they were first imposed that Arbitrated agreement 5 years back.

I honestly though after watching the Smisek era at UAL never thought I would see UAL outmatching AA but yes AA has become the ugly kid in the family out of the 3.

We’ll see if that changes over time?

3. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

+1

On the network side, the merger has been fantastic.

True (for now). Anything can change.

To quote you: "You're trying too hard. Coast for a bit."

4. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

#64 jimntx, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    In response to the sentence that I bolded...

WeAAsles, I can't agree with your statement. Particularly in connection with AA and profits. They may not be sharing the profits with the employees as Delta does, but that doesn't mean they weren't generating profits. I started a discussion thread here about the DFW hub where AA generated $2Billion just in baggage and ticket change fees in one fiscal year at just DFW hub. I might add that the response to my thread was not overwhelming. (It wasn't even whelming.):(

http://www.airlineforums.com/threads/average-fares-down-profits-up-at-dfw.61988/

5. topDawg

topDawg Veteran

And once again, who gives a crap? Is he breaking a rule by going into AA threads? no? then quit.
    Apparently WeAAsles expects Kev to join a union like the IAM so he can sign his job away like United did.

wait. WeAAsles supports unions supporting outsourcing.....doesn't that make him the management shill now Kev?
    I don't think you will ever see Kev (or me) claim Delta is perfect like some do. We just don't happen to be stupid enough to believe after years of failure from your beloved TWU/IAM that they will magically walk into Delta and do something that doesn't f**k us out of jobs, pay, work rules etc.
    dude, no offenses but as far as labor relations go, y'all have always been one of the joke airlines. Right there with US and Northwest (sorry Kev)
    American is under preforming badly compared to Delta. So is United.
    Thats why Delta's market cap is almost the same United/American combined.

with American's size and scope, they should be making more than Delta by a good bit, not making less.

thats not me tossing stones, its just facts. Both management teams are making some pretty stupid mistakes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Nice chatting with you again topDawg. It was my pleasure.

7. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

You won't get any argument from me about that last statement.:D I just thought that $2Billion just for bag fees and ticket changes was a fairly significant amount even though I would prefer that they make that same money flying passengers from Point A to Point B.

8. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

#68 Kev3188, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Yeah, kinda.

I think most of WeAAsle's heartburn is from my refusal to continue to abide by "business as usual" when it comes to representation. That's nothing new, but he seems to have latched on to it of late. He is promoting a very patriarchal top-down model that simply doesn’t translate here. It may at AA, but not at DL. I'm certainly pro labor, but am unwilling to merely settle for whatever.

I also make no apologies for enjoying the work I do, or the people I spend my days with. Finding joy on the job =/= being a Kool-aid drinker. That he'd try to shame me out of that is just silly.

9. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Ok once again let me try to make this clear for you. I am not promoting or advocating for ANY type of representation for you guys over at Delta any longer. You’re on those Group pages. How many Months has it been since you’ve seen me comment there? Maybe you haven’t figured out that I don’t care anymore. But I do wish all who still do care all the best.

Pro Labor is a ridiculous comment btw. Anyone who has a job is involved in labor or labors. Even a CEO who has to set an Alarm Clock just like anyone else toils away at his own type of Labor.

The only people who aren’t pro Labor are those who figured out how to game the system and stay home collecting checks from somewhere when they are quite capable to get off their lazy asses and go do something.

On your last comment I swear on my Mothers grave if that’s what it takes to tell you that I am NOT trying to shame you. I’m glad that you enjoy the “work” Personally I enjoy my “career” more than the physical work sometimes. But often I even enjoy the physical part.

You don’t have a Union and you like working for Delta. I think that’s fantastic.
    I have a Union and I like working for American Airlines.

I’m not telling you what you should or shouldn’t do in “YOUR” house. That type of behavior would be extremely low class don’t you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.