Worldwide Flight Services

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
The contractor selected by "Dougie Stealin' " to completely handle of the small/small to medium NW stations is an outfit called Worldwide Flight Services, based in Irving Texas.

A quick review of their web site reveals that the are in fact the old AMR services(Jeez, what a surprise)

WFS provides all aspects of airport sevices, and a few of their VP's are old AA/AMR 30 year guys.

The question is now, when the SAD day comes to the small NW station near you, is how long it will take, before WFS gets unionized ?(AFAIK they are Non Union)

I'm hearing in MHT, that NW is SO short handed that they are "spewing" out 1 1/2/and (2) Double time and are still short handed, and they ONLY have 5 flts. a day.

I "shudder to think" what havoc an untimely IOD, or a summer Flu bug would have on such a tiny station.

NH/BB's

a friedn of mine at NWA at my city told me the other day that their last day is Oct 31st or the 3rd cant remember. Anyways, he told me that they werent given an option to stay with the contract company, not that they would anyways. He said that he could bump someone in a hub, but he wont do it cause the wages suck. I told him I feel for all of them. He didnt know who was taking over as NWA has kept it a secret. I wished them all luck and they all need it as does 79 cities involved will too. Good luck folks

The company had a conference call with all of the managers last week regarding the schedule for outsourcing. They were also shown a graphic with each station, when it's closing, and who's taking it over. Naturally, he "didn't know how" (his words, not mine) to print that screen...

WWS is taking over a lot of places with Air Wisconsin taking over "7 or 8" places as well (again, quoting my manager). The outsourcing bonanza kicks off 01.Aug.06, with 45 day closure notices being issued to AUS, BZN, and MOT....Allegedly, it will go nonstop-save for the week of Thanksgiving- until all stations are done. I asked about other Skyteam members handling us, and was told that wasn't going to happen.

My question is: why aren't CO or DL handling us at any of the affected cities that they also serve? Isn't that one of the points of an alliance?! It wouldn't make it right, but would make it at least a bit more pallitable (sp?).

By the way, here's the latest blather from the IAM on this:

July 12, 2006
NWA Station Outsourcing Update

On Tuesday, July 11, 2006, Northwest Airlines gave the District 143 general chairs a briefing on the stations that will be outsourced. The briefing focused on how and when NWA plans to implement the outsourcing. No definite dates were given on when the outsourcing would start.

Last week, NWA gave their managers the same briefing with projected dates listed for the outsourcing of the work but NWA claims that the dates given are all tentative.

The problem NWA is incurring is the current negotiations with the flight attendants (AFA). NWA must wait until the bankruptcy proceedings are concluded before implementing their outsourcing plan. Also, we were told that NWA is having problems getting vendors at some locations and some vendors are not able to commit as soon as NWA would like.

NWA did commit to giving the IAM at least 45-days notice of the stations being outsourced and assembling committees to help employees get through the transition period.

Chances are you will be hearing many rumors in the next three months. When you hear rumors contact your local committee and call your general chair. This transition period will be difficult enough without untruths being spread. Our goal is to make sure our members are informed of the facts.

Once upon a time there was this lovely airline called CONTINENTAL. Now CO just went though their dance with Lorenzo and it was 1992, BK was in the air again..........

Soon there were notices........ 30 yr..... 20 yr...... 5 yr........ they didn't care. Air Mike was comming and they were going to contract YOUR JOB out to WWF services...

If you were a mechanic at ths station..... well your senority goes to ZERO like if you were a new employee. Lucky for those who use to work at Air Mike, because your senority still stayed.

And back then... for gate agents...you had an option to stay AT your position... instead of making $15/hr, you can be making $5.25/hr.... and also your boarding senority... well your flt bennies are there... but at the lowest priority possible. Nothing excites a person more than getting bumped all day with 9 priority!

Now fast foward 14 yrs. I flew on CO recently at the airport where this happened. Some girl was at the check in counter and didn't know anything at all.

APIS (we have to punch that in these days) what is APIS?

It took her 15 minutes to check me in...... WAY TO GO ON THE JOB TRAINING! :down:
Friend who works at that airport told me it is a prepetual revolving door.. they always quit after a few weeks. The only people who stay long are those who need it for their college internship credit.

The contractor selected by "Dougie Stealin' " to completely handle of the small/small to medium NW stations is an outfit called Worldwide Flight Services, based in Irving Texas.

A quick review of their web site reveals that the are in fact the old AMR services(Jeez, what a surprise)

WFS provides all aspects of airport sevices, and a few of their VP's are old AA/AMR 30 year guys.

The question is now, when the SAD day comes to the small NW station near you, is how long it will take, before WFS gets unionized ?(AFAIK they are Non Union)

I'm hearing in MHT, that NW is SO short handed that they are "spewing" out 1 1/2/and (2) Double time and are still short handed, and they ONLY have 5 flts. a day.

I "shudder to think" what havoc an untimely IOD, or a summer Flu bug would have on such a tiny station.

NH/BB's

If I remember right this is just a small company and there is a parent company.

:lol: It takes a seasoned agent fifteen minutes to check someone in. You act as if this is something new.
Oh looky here, the ex-resident scab peaks in. did the little lady give you a break from the honey do's to play on the puter? hows that remodel job going on the double wide? :lol:

:lol: It takes a seasoned agent fifteen minutes to check someone in. You act as if this is something new.
:lol: Ok Mr. Know it all . 4 people checking in a full 747 will take them 100 hrs. That's normal in your scab world. By the time they checked the flight in and closed the flight the plane would have already left 2 days ago! :lol:

I was wrong--- I thought WWF services were tangled up with WLFC. I swore I read that once. Oh well. *shrug*

OH, BTW... get ready for some damage around the doors from people ramming the jetbridge. I'm surprised. WWFS were losing money bigtime for all the fines they incurred. They themeselves were cutting their own wages. This is really surprising they won the contract.

I'm assuming that WWFS will be handling things at PVD as well??

I had heard that PVD would be handled by a differant contract company - ATS maybe??

OH, BTW... get ready for some damage around the doors from people ramming the jetbridge. I'm surprised. WWFS were losing money bigtime for all the fines they incurred. They themeselves were cutting their own wages. This is really surprising they won the contract.

Jenny dear, in today's world of "the purpose of a business is increasing the value of executive stock options", you should know by now that competence has practically nothing to do with vendor selection. The only question is will they charge less than everybody else? :lol:

Why should you care about what goes on at NWA anymore? Think about it - if it was you that the agent took fifteen minutes to check in, it was probably because they knew that you were a SCAB!

I'm sure that NWA's plan to outsource these CSA positions will be just as "flawless" as their SCAB maintenance plan... :lol: