would you want a NW/ US merger?

would you want a NW/ US merger? either way, why?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Redbone,

"Easy dude", maybe a switch to DECAF, may be helpful.

Before I begin, I have a genuine "like" for BIG RED(family working there), but be that as it may, never compare NW to AA, in an "overall scenario"
Thats why AA is ranked #1 worldwide, while NW FELL from #4, to #5. (Maybe YOU forgot that) ?????

And NEVER forget, that "Dougie Stealin" would "lift up NW's SKIRT", in a NY minute, if the price is right(Not so, AA)

Your definitely right about AA's lack of(for now) ASIA/787's, but EQUALLY remember, that AA became the #1 worldwide airline, by virtual none mergers/acquisitions.
(excluding EA miami hub/SA, and TW's LHR)

Remember the DECAF !!

NH/BB's

Redbone,

"Easy dude", maybe a switch to DECAF, may be helpful.

Before I begin, I have a genuine "like" for BIG RED(family working there), but be that as it may, never compare NW to AA, in an "overall scenario"
Thats why AA is ranked #1 worldwide, while NW FELL from #4, to #5. (Maybe YOU forgot that) ?????

And NEVER forget, that "Dougie Stealin" would "lift up NW's SKIRT", in a NY minute, if the price is right(Not so, AA)

Your definitely right about AA's lack of(for now) ASIA/787's, but EQUALLY remember, that AA became the #1 worldwide airline, by virtual none mergers/acquisitions.
(excluding EA miami hub/SA, and TW's LHR)
Remember the DECAF !!

NH/BB's

I think it would do you well to remember that AA is number 1 in RPMs BECASE of domestic capacity. SW is far lager based on MARKET CAP. that is the value of the franchise and it's earning ability.

Where is the value of being able to bragg about being number one when there are airlines in the world FAR smaller, valued far greater...i.e LH, BA, AF/KLM, Singapore...lastly, Southwest Airlines.

Minus AEagle (a subsidiary), AA's rev. was roughly $17 billion (yoy 4th quarter results), NW was $13, AA's should be $26 based on "size" at twice NW's size.

AA DOES not rule the rule world(contrary to the belief that a large domestic US presence makes you think that), it is exceptionally weak, to non existent in the fastest growing region of the world...Asia.

You are incorrect in that AA became the largest without mergers/acquisitions. TWA's London Heathrow routes and St. Louis and JFK hubs went to American. American also acquired Eastern's Latin American routes and Miami hub. TWA put AA on the international map with it's Heathrow routes, Eastern assisted with it's South American routes. TWA furthering with it's domestic capacity.

And you mustn't EVER forget, just as there was a Donald Trump banging on AA's door. There could very well be a Texas Pacific, ask Qantas. I wouldn't brag about having too much cash on hand. THAT may attract the wrong attention. That is how NW got noticed in 1989.

I don't need decaf, it is you AA people who need to adjust the inflated ego. That is how this thread was detoured, AA folks once again wishing for parts of another airline. An airline that has been flying around the world far longer than AA. AA ALMOST met the same LBO fate as NW...that my dear friend should never be forgotten.

Table 3. Top 10 Airlines, Ranked by January 2006 Domestic Enplanements

Passenger numbers in millions (000,000)

Excel | CSV
Jan. 2006 Rank Carrier Jan. 2006 Jan. 2005 Rank Jan. 2005
1 Southwest 6.863 2 6.04
2 American 6.071 3 5.784
3 Delta 5.181 1 6.186
4 United 4.288 4 4.231
5 Northwest 3.156 5 3.381
6 Continental 2.709 7 2.392
7 US Airways 2.346 6 2.797
8 America West 1.569 8 1.571
9 JetBlue 1.355 12 1.054
10 SkyWest 1.341 10 1.121

Source: T-100 Domestic Market DOT rankings

I am assuming this does not include Eagle as AA usually does. The whole balance changes when other majors include there regionals...as NW will most likely do with Masaba. AA does a lot of good things with what it has, it is however not the best or makes the most money in the world.

Redbone,

Your helping ME make my case(s) for AA(But It's OK, though)

As YOU have said, AA "Very Often" comes up with "9th inning Home Runs"(LHR/SA/Eagle/Miami hub)

Redbone, these things are NOT just "pure coincidents)"

AA wrote the book for "falling into a bucket of ####, and coming out with a new suit on"

I think it would do you well to remember that AA is number 1 in RPMs BECASE of domestic capacity. SW is far lager based on MARKET CAP. that is the value of the franchise and it's earning ability.

Where is the value of being able to bragg about being number one when there are airlines in the world FAR smaller, valued far greater...i.e LH, BA, AF/KLM, Singapore...lastly, Southwest Airlines.

Minus AEagle (a subsidiary), AA's rev. was roughly $17 billion (yoy 4th quarter results), NW was $13, AA's should be $26 based on "size" at twice NW's size.

AA DOES not rule the rule world(contrary to the belief that a large domestic US presence makes you think that), it is exceptionally weak, to non existent in the fastest growing region of the world...Asia.

You are incorrect in that AA became the largest without mergers/acquisitions. TWA's London Heathrow routes and St. Louis and JFK hubs went to American. American also acquired Eastern's Latin American routes and Miami hub. TWA put AA on the international map with it's Heathrow routes, Eastern assisted with it's South American routes. TWA furthering with it's domestic capacity.

And you mustn't EVER forget, just as there was a Donald Trump banging on AA's door. There could very well be a Texas Pacific, ask Qantas. I wouldn't brag about having too much cash on hand. THAT may attract the wrong attention. That is how NW got noticed in 1989.

I don't need decaf, it is you AA people who need to adjust the inflated ego. That is how this thread was detoured, AA folks once again wishing for parts of another airline. An airline that has been flying around the world far longer than AA. AA ALMOST met the same LBO fate as NW...that my dear friend should never be forgotten.

Geez, Redbone. Give it a rest already. What happened, did AA turn you down for a job only to have the all powerful NWA hire you. Remember, its only a job and to NWA, you are only a cost. :rolleyes:

Geez, Redbone. Give it a rest already. What happened, did AA turn you down for a job only to have the all powerful NWA hire you. Remember, its only a job and to NWA, you are only a cost. :rolleyes:

No AA did not turn me down for a job, I never had the need to apply there.

So you come on here to hurl an insult because of my replies to AA employees about how superior they think they are to everyone else?

Base on your post and your "We (former NWA technicians) chose to not accept the drubbing. Most of us have moved on to leave that hole to the scabs."

Bitter towards Northwest employees now? It wasn't AA that turn me down for a job, it appears it was NW that turned you into a bitter crybaby. Move on like you pretend to have done.

We may not like what happened to you and our mechanics...but for you to come on here with your crybaby "did AA turn you down for a job", too bad NW didn't set you into the street sooner.

If you have a problem reading my responses regarding the attitude of AA employees on this thread...read "how to be a bitter ex NW employee instead".

Don't hate us cause we stayed and fought. Let it go and move on.

Tech, don't be a bitter x NWA employee...apply to AA or did they turn you down?.

This is a blog for discussion. Not for bitter x employees to sling insults.

The employees of Northwest have built a great company (despite a dark era of CEOs and LBOs) with great assets, one that is a formidable competitor. A few bad CEOs don't require one to ignore 80 years of great employee accomplishments.

We may not like what happened to you and our mechanics...but for you to come on here with your crybaby "did AA turn you down for a job", too bad NW didn't set you into the street sooner.

Save your venom for the AA employees Redbone. "Too bad NW didn't set you into the street sooner". I am sorry for that too, for I would not have wasted 16 years of my career there. There are some good employees left there, it just so happens that none of them are in the TRP class and craft.

I will let you get back to your AA bashing now. Enjoy.

It's too bad that you feel my response to AA employees amounts to bashing (your hatred of NWA is clearly deep). Your obviously bitter comment was well taken.

What I will get on with is letting AA employees and you, know that the NWA employees still here are not finished...by a long shot. Eighty years in the international arena didn't happen with luck. Bad CEO's come and go. Many of us will be here for a long time to come...and you can take it to the bank that NWA employees will never go down in any M/A without a fight...ask the Flight Attendants.

I guess when that is the only jewel on your crown you have to make it as big and as important as possible. For all its wealth and grandeur, it couldn't save your pay, pensions workrules jobs or keep you out of bankruptcy.
The pacific could have a huge potential if the right carrier is operating it.
90% of AA's growth has come from building within. They bought 260 md80's built up the domestic system, 35 A300's for the Caribbean, 70 767's for international expansion.

The TWA acquisition put AA over United, who was the worlds largest carrier. Its regrettable most of what was TWA is gone. A small operation in STL is all that remains.

Heathrow did not put AA on the international map. Long before that AA had service to 15 European cities. American already a major player in the Caribbean from both Miami and JFK took Easterns existing routes to Central and South American and built an operation larger than Eastern and Pan Am combined in Miami.

"I guess when that is the only jewel on your crown you have to make it as big and as important as possible. For all its wealth and grandeur, it couldn't save your pay, pensions workrules jobs or keep you out of bankruptcy.
The pacific could have a huge potential if the right carrier is operating it."
Little mikey just can't stand AA (the airline that will go down in LABOR history as introducing B SCALE!) being thought of as just a regular airline (one with a drop in the bucket Asian presence)

Did it save your pay?(snicker)

It's potential serves NWA quite nicely...something AA (and your 3 destinations) will NEVER know.

Stick to what you know, Dallas-MCI (or you might have another Donald Trump looking you over, heard Carl Ichan was looking at round again.)

"I guess when that is the only jewel on your crown you have to make it as big and as important as possible. For all its wealth and grandeur, it couldn't save your pay, pensions workrules jobs or keep you out of bankruptcy.
The pacific could have a huge potential if the right carrier is operating it."
Little mikey just can't stand AA (the airline that will go down in LABOR history as introducing B SCALE!) being thought of as just a regular airline (one with a drop in the bucket Asian presence)

Did it save your pay?(snicker)

It's potential serves NWA quite nicely...something AA (and your 3 destinations) will NEVER know.

Stick to what you know, Dallas-MCI (or you might have another Donald Trump looking you over, heard Carl Ichan was looking at round again.)
Well, then we agree NW is sitting with its one jeweled crown. You can call it potential, but what did it get you, what did it save you from? Outsourcing maintenance, scab mechanics, lost pensions, wages and work rules?
We will continue to be that regular airline without union mechanics, our higher pay, pensions and health benefits. Plus I will still make 5 dollars more per hour than you.

Jesus H Christ...Redbone,

Next, you'll be trying to convince EVERYONE, that (uncle) Bobby CRANDALL was overrated :shock:

Quit while your ahead !

Plz. don't force me to resort to using AA's #1 WEAPON on you.................AMERICAN EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Well, then we agree NW is sitting with its one jeweled crown. You can call it potential, but what did it get you, what did it save you from? Outsourcing maintenance, scab mechanics, lost pensions, wages and work rules?
We will continue to be that regular airline without union mechanics, our higher pay, pensions and health benefits. Plus I will still make 5 dollars more per hour than you.

There is only ONE airline that started the DOWNWARD spiral for the WHOLE industry... in HISTORY!

That airline is AMERICAN AIRLINES. Leading the way to B scale! What a leader! What a "powerhouse"( :D )

NHBB, don't even embarrass yourself with talking about the slave conditions that those poor employees at Eagle have to endure. "Jesus H Christ...Redbone,
Next, you'll be trying to convince EVERYONE, that (uncle) Bobby CRANDALL was overrated" WELL...he DID wreck havoc on the industry employees by introducing the wonderful SCAB WAGES of B scale.
(no disrespct NH, I like your postings!)

P.S. NW employees didn't lose their pensions. And the FA didn't settle, but I'm sure you knew that, it's probably a fact you like to ignore....how long have you been flying for B scale? It sounds like the same logic that AA Screwed the TWA employees with.

Wanna call yourself the biggest in the world? Learn how LH, BA, AF/KLM, does it...they are all more valuable than AA with smaller airlines. What does that say about your operation? Pound for pound NW's revenue leaves AA in the dust...just like it's rasm....just like it's DOT rankings.

Quit before you look anymore foolish with your inflated ego. AA is NOTHING to brag about. When is the last time AA finished at the top in any category of the DOT...what does that say?

I should have realized having a discussion with someone with ODD is fruitless. They jump for one thing to another. They have difficulty with reality.

All of this reminds me of a great Emo Phillips joke, as follows:

"Iwas walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump.
I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.

"Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Are you religious?"

He said, "Yes."

I said, "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

"Christian."

"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"

He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."

I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.