would you want a NW/ US merger?

would you want a NW/ US merger? either way, why?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I should have realized having a discussion with someone with ODD is fruitless. They jump for one thing to another. They have difficulty with reality.
Pot meet kettle. Were you describing yourself, Sure seems to fit.

There is only ONE airline that started the DOWNWARD spiral for the WHOLE industry... in HISTORY!

That airline is AMERICAN AIRLINES. Leading the way to B scale! What a leader! What a "powerhouse"( :D )

NHBB, don't even embarrass yourself with talking about the slave conditions that those poor employees at Eagle have to endure. "Jesus H Christ...Redbone,
Next, you'll be trying to convince EVERYONE, that (uncle) Bobby CRANDALL was overrated" WELL...he DID wreck havoc on the industry employees by introducing the wonderful SCAB WAGES of B scale.
"SCAB WAGES of B-scale." I am not sure you understand what a scab is. You can look it up, or see the guy fixing your airplane.

Wanna call yourself the biggest in the world?
No, not really. the only one who keeps repeating that fact and making a big deal about it is you.
Learn how LH, BA, AF/KLM, does it...they are all more valuable than AA with smaller airlines. What does that say about your operation? Pound for pound NW's revenue leaves AA in the dust...just like it's rasm....just like it's DOT rankings.
So you keep saying. Problem is you have nothing to back up what you say. Lots of hot air doesnt make it real.
Quit before you look anymore foolish with your inflated ego. AA is NOTHING to brag about. When is the last time AA finished at the top in any category of the DOT...what does that say?
What catagory would you like? How about on time arrivals for last month reporting. AA 76.9% ontime and NWA 70.1% on time.
I should have realized having a discussion with someone with ODD is fruitless. They jump for one thing to another. They have difficulty with reality.
see top of post.

All of this reminds me of a great Emo Phillips joke, as follows:
"Iwas walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump.
I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.

"Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Are you religious?"

He said, "Yes."

I said, "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

"Christian."

"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"

He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."

I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.

He He...I'll have to remember that one! :up:

He He...I'll have to remember that one! :up:

p.s.

The all-time winner?

The DOT's on-time database to date spans 18 years, from September 1987 through August 2005, and the overall leader during this period has been Southwest, at 82.4%. Northwest ranked second at 79.8% and American third at 79.1%.

There is only ONE airline that started the DOWNWARD spiral for the WHOLE industry... in HISTORY!

That airline is AMERICAN AIRLINES. Leading the way to B scale! What a leader! What a "powerhouse"( :D )

NHBB, don't even embarrass yourself with talking about the slave conditions that those poor employees at Eagle have to endure. "Jesus H Christ...Redbone,
Next, you'll be trying to convince EVERYONE, that (uncle) Bobby CRANDALL was overrated" WELL...he DID wreck havoc on the industry employees by introducing the wonderful SCAB WAGES of B scale.
(no disrespct NH, I like your postings!)
P.S. NW employees didn't lose their pensions. And the FA didn't settle, but I'm sure you knew that, it's probably a fact you like to ignore....how long have you been flying for B scale? It sounds like the same logic that AA Screwed the TWA employees with.

Wanna call yourself the biggest in the world? Learn how LH, BA, AF/KLM, does it...they are all more valuable than AA with smaller airlines. What does that say about your operation? Pound for pound NW's revenue leaves AA in the dust...just like it's rasm....just like it's DOT rankings.

Quit before you look anymore foolish with your inflated ego. AA is NOTHING to brag about. When is the last time AA finished at the top in any category of the DOT...what does that say?

Red boner,

DO NOT get me started on Al Checci/Gary Wilson.

Did you "wallpaper" your den, with the WORTHLESS stock that they gave you ????????????

NH/BB's

Red boner,

DO NOT get me started on Al Checchi)/Gary Wilson.

Did you "wallpaper" your den, with the WORTHLESS stock that they gave you ????????????
NH/BB's

NH/BB's
----------------------------------------------------------

New HAM,

I used my neighbor's AA B SCALE paystubs instead(the ones from the 80's that started the decline in pay for all airline employees).

Now why did you switch from "Uncle Bobby" to Checci(under SEC investigation for NWA stock sale prior to BK)/Wilson(nolonger here, just like your golden parachute boy,Carty)? It was you that wanted to brag about "Uncle Bobby"...you know, the man that passed on Pan Am's Asian routes. He declind and the rest is history (for United) as they say. You won't find me defending or bragging about people (airline CEO's)who take from the tables of airline employees to enrich themselves.

It is the employees that build and fly airlines. Most airline CEO's are simply on the make. The Juan Tripps are gone for good...except maybe David Nettleman.

p.s.

ASIA set to overtake the US in air travel by 2025.(guess who will be a very very SMALL player there?)

http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/30/news/inter....reut/index.htm

I used my neighbor's AA B SCALE paystubs instead(the ones from the 80's that started the decline in pay for all airline employees).
Could have used your own. After all you accepted it. No scence blaming others for something you voted in to your own contract.
ASIA set to overtake the US in air travel by 2025.(guess who will be a very very SMALL player there?)
By 2025, AA will be the largest player in Asia. We are all still waiting to see if you can get out of bankruptcy.

Could have used your own. After all you accepted it. No scence blaming others for something you voted in to your own contract.
By 2025, AA will be the largest player in Asia. We are all still waiting to see if you can get out of bankruptcy.

You just hold your breath on that one. In the mean time, make sure another Donald Trump, or Texas Pacific doesn't kick AA's tires. And we are all still waiting to see if AA STAYS out of BK, esp. now that the rules have changed. Snooze you loose.

FYI, http://www.startribune.com/535/story/969506.html

Dreaming about Asia is so, ZZZZen....

You just hold your breath on that one. In the mean time, make sure another Donald Trump, or Texas Pacific doesn't kick AA's tires. And we are all still waiting to see if AA STAYS out of BK, esp. now that the rules have changed. Snooze you loose.
American is the only one of the six "legacy" carriers (the others are United, Delta, Northwest, Continental, US Airways) that has never been in bankruptcy. Is it irresponsible for American not to use bankruptcy to lighten legacy costs — shredding labor contracts and reducing obligations to retired employees?

Gerard Arpey, American's CEO, replies with a laconic "no." He considers it unseemly and shortsighted — and unnecessary — to seize short-term competitive advantages by reneging on labor contracts freely consented to, and to escape commitments to investors who lent you money in good faith. Furthermore, the damage to employee relations makes bankruptcy more costly than some companies realize when they use it as a routine management tool.

While some of American's competitors use bankruptcy to end medical payments for retirees, Arpey says American continues to pay $250 million a year "for people who are not here." His reward has been helpfulness from American's unions.

Steenland said, speaking to reporters after a breakfast for Twin Cities business leaders. He declined to comment on reports that Northwest has held talks with Delta Air Lines Inc. And he declined to comment on whether Northwest is currently in merger talks.

Sounds like there people kicking the tires at NWA

Ethics is something that left American corporations a long time ago. IMHO, NW should have never been allowed to enter BK. It is my opinion that NW intended not to allow Ual, and to a lessor degree Dal get an upper hand via BK. Fair, I think not, ethical, hell no, used as a competitive advantage...most definitely yes.

bizjournals.com

NWA 'fixed,' CEO says; hub will stay here
Tuesday January 30, 2:09 pm ET

Northwest Airlines Corp. CEO Doug Steenland on Tuesday declared the airline "fixed" and said the company is "committed" to keeping Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport as its hub, while declining to comment on growing speculation that the carrier is moving toward a merger.

His appearance comes in the midst of talk that a wave of consolidation is set to strike the airline industry, and as Northwest prepares to exit from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The notion that Northwest may wind up merging with another airline has generated concern that the Twin Cities' airport days as the carrier's hub numbered.

But Steenland said the Twin Cities can "count on" Minneapolis remaining a hub, and that its presence at the airport here may grow over time. Northwest has no specific plan to merge the airline in 2007, he said; its business plan is based on the company remaining independent.

During public comments following the speech, Steenland said he has doubts that US Airways' multi-billion bid to acquire Delta Air Lines will move forward, citing the hostile nature of the hoped-for deal. However, the bid has "put pressure on the industry to consider options," he said.

Since the takeover attempt was announced, speculation surfaced that Delta and Northwest (Pink Sheets: NWACQ - News) are weighing a merger. Steenland later declined to comment on the subject.

Following the event, he added that consolidation in the industry will "continue to be talked about," and cited what's happened in Europe -- now dominated by three major carriers -- as a relevant trend.

On Northwest's financial future, Steenland said the company has achieved its goal of reaching $2.5 billion in savings and will release its business plan in the coming weeks. In that plan, Northwest will set forward its expected growth and profit forecast, he said.

Over the last year, Northwest has made strides in resolving long-running labor troubles. However, the company has yet to finalize a contract with its flight attendants. Steenland declined to comment on whether further talks between the carrier and attendants are scheduled.(they are...2/7)

I don't think the MAC care that NW is a "hub" in MSP. They want assurance that NW doesn't pack up and move their headquarters. MN is worried about the many employees that will be displaced or those that will move out.

One article says they won't move their headquarters the other gives no guarantee. Typical NW wanting their cake and eat it too. Give us millions of dollars to stay, but we won't guarantee staying ourselves. phtt....

finman, you ready to move to Atlanta? (if invited, of course)
Do those plans include you? hmmm still the question of the day.

Mikey,

I've enjoyed the debate. Seeing how you'll be returning to Rome.

Sono aspetto per un pranzo nel centro di Roma che pagherò!

Sei bravo! :up:

Redbone,

Allow me to tell you, that CRANDALL WAS a SOB !!

NO question about it !

BUT, and It's a BIG BUT,

He was "OUR" SOB !!

"WOE to ANYONE"/company that came anywhere dangerously close to AA !!

Talk about a mother BEAR, with CUBS / :shock: :shock:

AA is where they are today(NEVER in BK, #1 airline in the world etc, because of CRANDALL/SABRE/AdvAAntage FF program !!

Do NOT argue with me, but instead argue with publications like the WSJ/Business week/USA Today etc, etc, etc.

Trust me 'brother, this is the one portion of this dabate, that you will NEVER Win !!

NH/BB's

Latest posts