WOW, consider this "Kick in the Nuts' (DL)

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
If US(LCC) should need a proven , solid regional airline, to "help" with the success of a proposed US/DL takeover, It would be "poetic JUSTICE" if Comair were to offer their services to US !!!

DL may come to REGRET 'dissing' Comair so badly :shock:

ANYTHING is possible in this LUNATIC Industry, ..ANYTHING !

NH/BB's

If US(LCC) should need a proven , solid regional airline, to "help" with the success of a proposed US/DL takeover, It would be "poetic JUSTICE" if Comair were to offer their services to US !!!

DL may come to REGRET 'dissing' Comair so badly :shock:
ANYTHING is possible in this LUNATIC Industry, ..ANYTHING !

NH/BB's
Believe me you DO NOT want to partner with Comair. They are pitiful.

ComAir is also a wholly owned subsidiary of DL, so LCC gets them unless DL sells them off before exiting bankruptcy.

One positive though, as bad as messup is, ASA is worse and they WOULD go bye bye.
I don't believe that is likely to happen. ASA is now a subsidiary of SkyWest, and Delta has already affirmed its agreement with SkyWest in the bankruptcy proceedings. Indeed, SkyWest paid Delta an extra $75-$100 million (I've forgotten the exact amount) for ASA upon such court-approved affirmation. While I suppose Delta could, in what would be seen as incredibly bad faith, "unaffirm" (or reject) its agreement with SkyWest while still in Chapter 11, it runs the risk of losing some or all of its current SkyWest feed along with that provided by ASA if it took such action.

The more realistic scenario IMHO is that some or all of Comair would "go bye bye".

Cosmo-

That is my understanding of the Delta Connection situation, as well. I had previously recommended a 'consolidation fantasy' that also strived to reduce congestion in the east by the parking of as many DL rj's as possible, understanding that ASA/Skywests would not be a significant contributer to that capacity reduction. But it wasn't shaped in the form of a US/DL merger. I wonder how aggressive any DL/US combo would be in wringing small jets out of major markets?

Could it be that the small jets would go to less congested markets, or out of the U.S. entirely? That might make regulators less unhappy with the combo.

I remember a time(not so long ago), when Comair was a efficient, well organized company,(happy employees etc.), second only(perhaps)to American Eagle, as far as commuter divisions go.

SO,

This begs the question;

"Was Comair "GOOD" because of DL",

AND,

"Was Comair "BAD/lousy" because of "DL" ?????????

NH/BB's

Piedmont and PSA at US are great express carriers, both have great records and are no where near ASA and Comair in performance

I remember a time(not so long ago), when Comair was a efficient, well organized company,(happy employees etc.), second only(perhaps)to American Eagle, as far as commuter divisions go.

SO,

This begs the question;

"Was Comair "GOOD" because of DL",

AND,

"Was Comair "BAD/lousy" because of "DL" ?????????

NH/BB's

The latter of the two is correct. Comair ran smoothly prior to DL's purchase, since the purchase it has been all down hill. Comair has suffered from inadequate facilities (see JFK RJ ops), poor labor relations and lack of technology investments (see the X-Mas meltdown 2 years ago).

Even if DL/US don't merge, Comair is going to take a hit. If they do merge, Comair could potentially be liquidated since most of their flying is 50 seaters that Parker (and many others ) want gone.

ASA (despite its dismal service) will likely survive...merger or not.

Agree that Comair is ultimately doomed.

ASA will survive regardless, since Skywest owns them and is independent of Mother Delta.